Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
+58
lillyboy
kelf
LillieLad
shortgrass
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Flamingo
walsheman
squire
Cmonthelillies
Goff28
intheback
learmus
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
micky murphy
inexile
Dinny Breen
flourman
Gaa1928
fatherted
Frankel
Onechance
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Borderline
lilywhites on tour
kildaregaa365
Xavi
Fear An Geata
kickingking
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
rgb
bigball
All down the line
Twentyeight
shoeshine
Cranky
murof
jimmers
Highball
totalgaa
Captain1928
Liffey Likes
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoutitout
if_in_doubt
jj
TommyKeegan
hawker
Sam1928
Fizzer
Cilldara_2000
Rex
KILL BILL
Kildare98
FearBan
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 am

Nice also that Brennan signed off with a threat - wittering on like some old turkey about future sanctions and what not.

Jesus thanks for the bit of solidarity Nicky! Stay classy etc.

God knows Joe Brolly comes out with some howlers but f**k me he is right about the back-scratching nod and wink culture of GAA officialdom at the top level. The whole thing is rotten and this saga has exposed it.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
Cmonthelillies
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:43 am

Just in case we think that the Mayo support is with it then this is an example of some of the stuff on their blog. The guy that deals with the admin on the blog seems to dislike us also as was previous shown with his message. The comment below by one of their posters is a disgrace. There is many more like that.

Re, Marty Morrissy on the RTE SixOne news… He was interviewing a business leader in Newbridge.. They are apparently entitled to a big pay day, because Kildare were drawn out first… Is the Irish Derby not enough for them? .. Seriously nobody is going to feel any sympathy for business people in Kildare, the richest County in Ireland.. Maybe Sheikh Momhammod who is reportedly worth €19, 000,000,000..yeah that’s 19 Billion and his nearby Kildangan Stud are not spending enough in the Town.. Mind you the Sheik got €300,000 in the single farm payment last year.. So he can well afford it… And Maybe the people of Kildare might concern themselves with matters of real importance regarding the injustice in the countries of those millionaires and billionaires Monarch’s who own horses and property in Kildare. EG stoning women to death and cutting people’s heads off in the public square.. Everything is realitive.
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 am

There will always be haters.
Seems like a Mexican stand off with Kildare getting a kick out of the championship. Agree totally with the stand but can’t help feeling we would have had a chance to beat Mayo in Newbridge if given the chance.
It is a pity to loose out on that opportunity but it was the correct stance to take.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 am

God know I've slated his defensive set-up and our softness in big games, but I have been very impressed with how Cian O'Neill has handled this.

He is dead right when he says you'd have to worried about what this all says about the the direction of the GAA. If Sean Kelly & Nicky Brennan's contributions are anything to go by, the association has more to worry about than just the Kildare-Mayo match.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

If this isn't resolved tonight - not looking likely - I don't see any way how, even if GAA back down, as they enter day three of ticket sales for Croke Park, with Cavan and Tyrone there, with hotels booked, and with Kildare not having printed a ticket yet, this can all be re-arranged in 72 hours. We for a fact are not backing down by look of it and they don't have time to.

Off to court methinks. Donations to begin for high court as whole summer blocked. Thrilled if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:59 am

We are 100 percent right not to play this game, end of.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 am

I'm with you Tommy - I honestly found Sean Kelly & Nicky Brennan's condescending attitude today disgusting.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark - and it ain't the Conleths toilets.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 am

A piece of Bull$***t trotted out by Nicky Bully Brennan and other gaa bullies is that this will spur Kildare onto developing Newbridge grounds. What a load of lies and bullshit because even if redeveloped to 25K or 20k or 25k there will always be one game every few years against the dubs or mayo where demand will outstrip supply and we are back to the same situation. The gaa bullies are encouraging all the poorer counties to go into debt building big white elephant stadiums that will be full once every few years.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 am

If there was ever a reason to stick to our guns it was Nicky Brennan on off the ball. What a condescending, small minded, do as we say bureaucrat. He might have as well spent 10 minutes shouting "let them eat cake" down the phone line.
This game ain't going ahead in Croke Park so either the GAA get their collective heads out of their asses and nominate Newbridge or just give Mayo the walkover and let us have a celebration in the old ground Saturday evening in the Sun where the County shows how behind the team and manager and CB we all are.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:27 am

The level of backlash against the GAA is unprecedented. I really and truly hope we stick to our guns and see this through come what may.

We really have nothing to lose. And the wider GAA community has all to gain. See it through lads, you have universal backing . And the pride that us supporters have for you all will not be forgotten
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 am

Ok. Can I be the first to look at this situation from a different direction?.
Just ask, if Kildare had been drawn first against a weaker team from Div 2, would we have made the same stand? And if so would Kildare have had the same support from grass roots supporters from other counties.
What I am really asking is: does this say something about Kildare Minset? If it had been a game we thought we could have won would we have been prepared to conceed the game on a matter of principle?
Don’t get me wrong. I agree totally with the stance but I am just putting the question out there. I think it may very well be the question Kildare are posed when this is either concluded or resolved.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:32 am

I'll be honest - there are so many strands to what's currently happening that I don't have to time to consider hypotheticals.

Maybe will contemplate in off-season!!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:33 am

squire wrote:
Just ask, if Kildare had been drawn first against a weaker team from Div 2, would we have made the same stand? And if so would Kildare have had the same support from grass roots supporters from other counties.
What I am really asking is: does this say something about Kildare Minset? If it had been a game we thought we could have won would we have been prepared to conceed the game on a matter of principle?
Don’t get me wrong. I agree totally with the stance but I am just putting  the question out there. I think it may very well be the question Kildare are posed when this is either concluded or resolved.

Pointless whataboutery. If we were drawn against a a weaker team from division 2 the match would have been fixed for Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:37 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
squire wrote:
Don’t get me wrong. I agree totally with the stance but I am just putting  the question out there. I think it may very well be the question Kildare are posed when this is either concluded or resolved.

Pointless whataboutery. If we were drawn against a a weaker team from division 2 the match would have been fixed for Newbridge.
would be ok . Mayo have big fan base and brings money in for Men suits in Croke Park
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:44 am

No problem. Hypothetical is right.
Bullshit thought. But I am still disappointed we won’t get a chance to have a great evening against a good team in St Conleth.
I am also not sure we will come out of this smelling of roses even if it is the right thing to do.
Power has a way of crapping all over the small guy and making him smell like shit no matter how many umberellas he has.
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 am

Cull Dara 2000

Are you sure? Kildare v ??? Cavan v Tyrone. I am not sure CP could resist as that was always the obvious double header.
But fuck it. Maybe I’m just suspicious.

Last edited by squire on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 am

Can't see this goin ahead at all this week.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am

Either way we stand firm, this is our most important challenge since 1998, not just Kildare but the entire game as we know it.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 am

Does Paddy Power know something we don't ?
Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Paddy_10
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

OK lads I am going to say it now. This can't be another #cointoss like the Camogie where it top trended for a week and then when the game was played the Twitter heads were nowhere to be seen.
This has to result in something more tangible and it means that when the game goes ahead we need a show of support on the ground.
Fuck it, get people to hit Newbridge and show numbers. If Kildare county board could harness this in a real way there could be hay to be made.

The players and management will surely be energised by this genuine support from within and outside the county.
We need to be relevant for our football once that ball is thrown in!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am

That’s way shorter than earlier.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am

PP doesn't feck around...
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 am

If it goes ahead in Newbridge and our ticket allocation is restricted to 2,000, or whatever they are saying it's going to be, what about getting Mongey Communications to drop one of those big screens they use at the races out to Hawkfield and letting the fans with no tickets in to watch the match there instead.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 am

Reading between a lot of lines in the last half hour there has being a deal done and going by Paddy Power might we just get the game in Newbridge after all????

Please please tell me that's the case.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next