Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Round Qualifier Draw

Go down 
+19
Fizzer
Rex
topcat
Highball
jj
Fear An Geata
Kildare98
shoeshine
KILL BILL
Onechance
Cranky
Ogie
OutTheGap
bloodsub
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
jimmers
murof
Gaa1928
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Also great to hear them say that every team is guaranteed a home game regardless of capacity etc....
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:48 pm

Navan obvious choice for our game but also for Monaghan v Laois so we may have to travel to Newry for this one as Navan will not accommodate a double header.

Other option is fix one for Saturday and one for Sunday. With RTE now committing to showing the Leinster hurling final replay at 3PM next Sunday, will they still be showing one of these Round 4 qualifiers?

Sky are committed to 2 on the Saturday so that will be 5 and 7 I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 pm

If you had offered us a match v Fermanagh on Neutral ground for a place in the Super duper 8''s three weeks ago we all would have taken it no questions asked.

I think it's a brilliant opportunity to get there. Fermanagh have improved but Donegal steamrollered them. What we must do is start fast like Mayo and bring them out.  

We have momentum and the squad must now know what the must put in to win.
Runners of the shoulder and quick ball into the two Flynns.

Let's push on now with everyone united.
Back to top Go down
Fizzer
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Roscommon must also be a possible venue
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:34 pm

If we repeat Saturday night's performance we have nothing to fear from Fermanagh and the Carlow experience may well prove a blessing in disguise - very heavy disguise! Smile

Last edited by tomoneillandhissisteranne on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:46 pm

Why Navan? Would Fermanagh agree to that so close to home for us. Likewise I doubt we would fancy Clones.

Dr. Hyde Park? I think we are going to win this well. Last week has been a watershed moment for this panel and management. I cannot see anything other than a win. I never feel like this EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 pm

The one thing that has to be factored in is that after the storm last week and the win over Mayo, Kildare are now a team on a mission.

It's a watershed moment for this team and there's no turning back. It's shown they have all the qualities to compete at the very highest level. The one thing we have going for us that a lot of counties don't is serious attacking flair – and different types of players. Hard-running point-scorers (Cribbin and Conway). Playmakers who can also score (Brophy and Kelly). A target man with the X-factor (D Flynn).

And now finally, a tricky corner forward who can also kick frees in N Flynn. The only pity is Ben McCormack isn't around but so be it.

I'm really not a man for bullshit, but I've long felt that if this squad can just get their heads right, they tick all the boxes. Anyway, onwards to next weekend...
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:16 am

Kevin Flynn is a massive addition too lads when he runs with the ball there is no stopping him, good tackler as well. When Eoin Doyle has a defined role (which he looked to have this week) is top class. Everyone was incredible tbf.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 am

KFM reporting Navan 7pm Satuday
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:45 am

07.07.2018 (Sat)

GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship

Round 4

O’Moore Park, Portlaoise 15:00 Ros Comáin v Ard Mhacha

Referee: TBC

(E.T. if Necessary & Winner on the Day)

O’Moore Park, Portlaoise 17:00 Corcaigh v Tír Eoghain Sky Sports

Páirc Tailteann, Navan 19:00 Fear Manach v Cill Dara Sky Sports

GAA Hurling All-Ireland Senior Championship

Preliminary Quarter-Finals

Netwatch Cullen Park, Carlow 19:00 Ceatharlach v Luimneach

(E.T. if Necessary &Winner on the Day)

TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar 19:00 An Iarmhí v Loch Garman

(E.T. if Necessary &Winner on the Day)

08.07.2018 (Sun)

GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship

Round 4

Páirc Tailteann, Navan 14:00 Laois v Muineachán

Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship

Final- Replay

Semple Stadium, Thurles 15:00 Cill Chainnigh v Gaillimh RTE

(E.T. if Necessary*)
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:48 am

LillieLad wrote:
Kevin Flynn is a massive addition too lads when he runs with the ball there is no stopping him, good tackler as well. When Eoin Doyle has a defined role (which he looked to have this week) is top class. Everyone was incredible tbf.

For me, with the defending - maybe they were set up differently - but it was all about attitude. Lads were hit, lads were tight, lads were kept outside. I haven't seen it since 2012, 2011, certainly since 2012, the defending has been getting worse and worse. There were still a few gaps but Mayo have carved Dublin open, so you'll always need a bit of luck, a judicious foul, the keeper to make a save, a defender to make a block. But for the past few years, they were never close enough to do that. That attitude must not change because the Quigley boys are big men that can kick points from anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 3:59 am

If our attitude is right and I have no idea why those lads would not want to savour that winning feeling again, then we should beat Fermanagh.

I would move Flynn out and about a bit more at times as himself, Paul, Keith, Conway and the lads from the back running hard at that defence will cause grief.
I just think Dan Flynn roaming a bit more would be better against a packed defence and then run hard and straight at them.

As noted Carlow beating us could be the kickstart this group always needed and that game on Saturday has to be a defining moment.
Apart from O'Neill's media duties his calls on the line were also top notch. All of a sudden we have real options on the bench and Niall Kelly coming on with a point to prove is a great boost.

If we are as manic at the back then they won't cope. I know the Quigleys are big men, but they are not great fielders so if we box them off they don't have pace compared to the back we have...

One major worry is the kickouts...I know Donnellan had his moments but if we are going short the lads need to really break off and show for it.
Too many times the keeper put down the ball and lads had their backs turned. I know we can be critical of him, but these days kickouts are a team discipline.

Same 15 in order I assume.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th Round Qualifier Draw   4th Round Qualifier Draw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th Round Qualifier Draw
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2