Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw

Go down 
+28
lilypremier
jj
standhimup
nuxer
SamMaguire
kartman
if_in_doubt
shoutitout
tomcruise
flourman
ChopperDalton
kickingking
lilly-exile
Derfil
topcat
Lily8
Kildare4Sam
stanley
FearBan
carburyman
Rex
Ogie
gaaweb
tomoneillandhissisteranne
MD
Stonecold
tpos
Big Full Back
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Empty
PostSubject: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 am

Football and Hurling Qualifer draws next weekend
01 July 2011

The draws for the 2011 All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers Rounds Three and Four, together with the All-Ireland SHC Quarter-finals take place on Sunday week July 10th at Croke Park.

The draws will take place after the Leinster Football final.

Rounds 3 & 4 Football Qualifiers

1. Round 3 and Round 4 Football
Two bowls - Round 3 Draw (Bowl 1), Round 4 Draw (Bowl 2)

Round 3 Draw
Bowl 1: 8 Winners from Round 2
Down/Leitrim
Armagh/Wicklow
Longford/Tyrone
Waterford /London
Offaly/Limerick
Galway/Meath
Kildare/Laois
Carlow/Antrim

First team out has home advantage
Games to be played on July 16th

Each tie in Round 3 is drawn to play against a team from Bowl 2 in Round 4

Bowl 2: Beaten Provincial Finalists
Cork/Kerry
Dublin/Wexford
*Donegal/Derry
*Mayo/Roscommon

"The winner of these games will not be known on July 10th. Slip name should read as above.

Venues to be determined by C.C.C.C
Games to be played on July 23rd

Logistics
Draw two teams from Bowl 1 (to make 3rd Round tie), followed by drawing one from Bowl 2 (To make 4th Round fixture)

1. Draw Team 1 from Bowl A - open and announce (e.g. "Leitrim")
2. Draw Team 2 from Bowl A - open and announce (e.g. "London")
3. Announce 3rd Round Fixture (Leitrim v London i.e. Leitrim at HOME to London)
4. Draw one team from Bowl B to make Round 4 Fixture (e.g. "Donegal or Derry)
5. Announce 4th Round Fixture "Leitrim or London v Donegal or Derry" - AT A NEUTRAL VENUE

Repeat steps 1 to 5 four times to complete draw

www.hoganstand.com
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:02 am

The Line up for the All Ireland Football Semi Finals as per the fixtures on the GAA Website

August 21st
*Connacht V *Munster

August 28th

*Ulster V *Leinster

*The Provincial Champions or a team that defeats them.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 am

Rounds 3 & 4 Football Qualifiers

1. Round 3 and Round 4 Football
Two bowls - Round 3 Draw (Bowl 1), Round 4 Draw (Bowl 2)

Round 3 Draw
Bowl 1: 8 Winners from Round 2
Down
Armagh/Wicklow
Tyrone
Waterford
Limerick
Meath
Kildare
Antrim

First team out has home advantage
Games to be played on July 16th

So we're in the pot tonight. Odd's on drawing Down??
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 am

I dont expect any team from other 8 to reach AI final
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:50 am

FIX
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:50 am

FIX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 am

Meath.

In Navan. Coulda been easier.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:00 am

Already beaten them, Im not worried but it could of been easier, they will fear us a lot more than we will fear them. We are in form. Not the worst.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:00 am

Could have been a lot worse too!
And a Meath referee I gather ....did I hear the name Reilly mentioned? Surprised
Mind you, Meath have nothing to lose - except the match hopefully!
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:01 am

Stonecold wrote:
FIX

Agreed, someone in headquarters is determined to allow Meath to put Kildare out of the Championship. Looks like the referees can't manage it so they try the players again. What's the bet if we beat Meath we end up a Meath ref for the next game
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 am

Coulda been harder. Was sure they'd come out away to Tyrone... also avoided Cork if they do win. Again, on form, there can only be one winner of Meath v Kildare. I knew it would be comfortable Saturday and I don't expect it to be like that next week, especially in Navan but Kildare are the better team on all known form. And then the Ulster finalists will only have had six days. So I'd expect them to return to the quarter-final again.

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 am

Lads Thoughts on Derry/Donegal if we win?

Would fancy our chances, I dont fear anybody except for Cork or Kerry .
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:17 am

As per the McGeeney mantra, one game at a time.

Navan is a bit of a graveyard for Kildare in recent times but I bet they are more worried about us than us them. Two heavy championship defeats in the last two years to us means they must have a lot of doubts. They won't have got that much fitter in a month so if we are in front or in striking distance with 15 to go there will be only one winner.

Because of home advantage I think it will be closer than the last two games but we should still win. I wouldn't even think about the next challenge. Kildare by 4.

Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:17 am

Jayus meath again,anyway we can win this one,the way were playin.Meath were lucky against galway
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am

What an arse of a draw. Pretty fed up of playing Meath.

We should win once familiarity doesn't breed complacency. They have all the motivation but we have the football. Hate going to Navan too. We never seen to hit form there.

In saying that it's better than a trip to Down or Tyrone and thank God we don't have to travel to miserable Casement.

Finally, was there a reason why the football draw was completely open but re-matches were avoided in hurling? Seems a bit strange!
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 am

I am happy enough with Meath as I was hoping we would avoid Cork . We are easily a match for Donegal or Derry. Wonder where that game will be played , Neutral Venue so probably Croke Park if we beat Meath of course.
Back to top Go down
Kildare4Sam
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 am

Meath it is, could have been worse? Anyone no where the donegal/derry game would be played?
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 am

I wouldn't be thinking too much about playing Donegal/Derry yet lads, one match at a time.

The draw could have been better but it could have been worse too.
This'll be the 5th championship match for us and we've bordered every county we've met so far.
I think it would have made more sense not to be able to draw Meath or Wicklow but anyway looking forward to another clash with them.
Pity we didn't get the home draw,Navan isn't a lucky place for Kildare.
Cian Ward didn't play against us the last day yet scored 4-3 in their next match against Louth so he's going to need to be well marked.
I definitely don't think it'll be easy as Meath will be well up for this one but if we play like we did last night I think we've a great chance.
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:30 am

V Donegal/Derry would be in Cavan ?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 am

Clones for Donegal and Cavan if it is Derry I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 am

Limerick got Waterford and the winners play Wexford! That side would have been handy.
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:23 am

live on rte2 if u cant make it lads
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 am

How lucky were Meath to beat that young Galway team. A kick deep into injury time go ahead and then the Galway forward missing a great chance at the end to win or draw them level.
Watching the small amount of highlights it once again showed Meath players looking like they were on their last legs. I think it will be the same story as the last two games, close for 50 then Kildare will ease away.

The one week break won't do Meath any good anyway tiredness wise.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 am

Apart from maybe Tyrone away it is probably the one draw that Kildare wouldn't have wanted but if we have serious aspirations this year then we should be accounting for a limited enough Meath team. We've had the upper hand on them over the past year and if Kildare play up to form then there's no reason why that trend shouldn't continue. They command respect in their own backyard and McEnaney will have them all hyped up for it but Navan shouldn't hold any fears for Kildare. This isn't like the Meath teams of old laced with class players like Giles, Murphy, McDermott, O'Connell and O'Rourke. They have a number of good players but none that should strike any fear into the Kildare hearts.

McStay suggested it might be moved to Croke Park to accomodate the crowd? I'm sure it would pack out Navan looking at the footage of their match with Galway. I doubt that they'll want to concede home advantage but their match with Louth was moved to Cavan because Drogheda wasn't deemed suitable - I won't hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Meath again!! Its getting like the Scottish premier league, playing the same counties again and again.

Meath will be up for this, well up for it. Their supporters will be asking for blood and guts, they will love getting us up there to Navan and they want revenge, they want us to suffer and they want to have Joe Sheridan air punching the air in celebration at the end. Well I want world peace and that aint going to happen either.

Meath beat a terrible Galway team by a point on Saturday night. The only way Meath will beat us is if we dont perform, we have to go into this game 100% focused. Have Meath improved by a 6 point margin since we beat them 4 or 5 weeks ago? I dont think they have, granted they have Bray and O Rourke back its makes them a more lethal outfit, however I think we have gone up a notch or two since that Meath match. Guys are chomping at the bit to get into the team.The players that didn't start for us on Saturday would be the first on most Leinster Counties team sheets - Bolton, Conway, Kavanagh, Smithy, Flynn,Roli.

The wounded animal is going to be extremely dangerous next Saturday, but we have the skill and determination to kill it off once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw   All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Football Qualifier Draw
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next