Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+27
Flamingo
Lanemusic
white boy
KILL BILL
OutTheGap
Caprea
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
intheback
jim
FearBan
lomond
moatesports
Ogie
topcat
Shergar
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
murof
kickingking
maccie
Liffey Likes
Rex
Curraghplains
Kildare98
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 3:13 am

Don't think they mentioned anything else in Div 2, or had any discussion of other divisions AT ALL. From the national broadcaster.

Meantime they're showing underage rugby internationals.

Give it all to Sky already.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 3:37 am

Felt more like a win than a draw, but credit due for that result in fairness.
Would Ben Mac be an option at centre forward if Paddy was to go to full forward ??.
Agree Masterson has to start next Day out.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 am

Based on the lip service RTE play Div 2-4 in football and Div 2-3 in Hurling along with the lower tier hurling championships you couldnt blame counties rejecting the second tier proposal for a footbll championship. Unless it is proprerly funded, advertised and played as curtain rasiers to senior games it is a non runner
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 4:45 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Would Ben Mac be an option at centre forward if Paddy was to go to full forward  ??.

Interesting question, surely if fit, we have to find a way to fit N Flynn, J Hyland and Ben McCormack in the same team.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 5:25 am

McCormack is a starter, no question of that. He was very good yesterday. Took a lot of punishment but kept working hard, scoring and win the free to equalise.

Real competition for places which is great. I like the idea of Masterson in midfield with Conway dropping back.

Have to say Geezer came across brilliantly in the interview I heard yesterday. Still had a lot of fondness for the County.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am

Er, TG4 coverage showed Armagh “crossbar” shot was clearly a goal... Second time that’s happened in Conleths - we scored goal v Westmeath in minor game in 2016 & play also continued.

There’s clearly an issue with Conleth nets although worked for us this time! What can you say about incompetent GAA officials - sometimes they work for you, sometimes against you...
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Hard to see from the angle in the stand, did Donnellan scoup it back out?, maybe this year the breaks will run for us.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 6:00 pm

I think it hit the stantion at the back of the net and came back out. Strange Armagh players didn’t protest that much at the time.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Donnellan didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the goal that did stand either ..
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 pm

From my view in the stand I knew it was a goal and was surprised that the umpires couldn't see it.... VAR needed !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Lads will be shut up, we got away with it!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Exactly murof so better fix it now before we are on the receiving end of it!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 12:24 am

Oddly enough, we already were... in that minor game. That was the minor team Masterson, Jimmy Hyland etc were on. That incident was actually much more clear-cut – I had to replay Armagh goal half a dozen times in slo-mo to see definitively.

But that goal v Westmeath – never seen anything like it. Clearly hit the back of the net but ball rebounded into WM defender's hands and he just kept playing! I suppose fair play to him.

At the next break in play, Kildare forwards said to umpires, er, that was a goal. And the umpire is pointing to crossbar!! Luckily we were about 20 points up – if had have been a tight game against Dubs for example would have got very heated.

But I remember so clearly because it was pretty much the day I gave up on GAA officials altogether. Hasn't been much to revive my faith since.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 pm

flourman wrote:
Donnellan didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the goal that did stand either ..

Very little he could have done there. He had to pick a side. Shot was taken from 10 yards out and the defender was beaten.

Turnover and subsequent lack of cover was the main issue.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 8:37 pm

Nash to me, can become a big player for kildare. He the first player I see that can pick up a lot of breaking ball off the middle 6 . HE very quick and he also runs at teams. Like to see him get a chance. He runs right down the middle, and looks battle hard already from last year's U/20 .Believe me this lad will be a big Player for us goning forward.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 pm

A nice amount of positivity here considering it was a draw, and I mean that in the best way.
We would have lost that game last year no doubt and we can build on it with lads coming back.
Ourselves, Armagh and Donegal will prob be aiming for two spots...
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 pm

with nash ,hyland,masterson, just to name three its getting better allready
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm

moatesports wrote:
with nash ,hyland,masterson, just to name three its getting better allready
Think Barrett and O'Neil could easily make the step up as well, hopefully they get the chance soon.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:22 pm

And as I keep saying Hyland and Masterson showed more between the ears than many older players, which is the main thing.
Look t's very early days but Armagh are one of the more abrasive teams in the division so they were given a baptism of fire.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:06 pm

"Hyland and Masterson showed more between the ears than many older players, which is the main thing."

This can't be overstated. In recent years, this team has had a woeful tendency to panic in crunch situations.

Hyland and Masterson are the most decorated underage Kildare players of the modern era and you saw why. Make no mistake, when the kickout was being taken a point down with 90 seconds left, the situation was dire.

We wouldn't have scored that point last year. McCormack and Hyland remained calm and actually THOUGHT their way through the situation, which is a hugely encouraging new development for this team – and it's the young lads leading the way.

Long may it continue. Incidentally, if we're back in Div 1 next year, we have to move heaven and earth to get Jack Robinson and Brian McLoughlin back in the squad – they were two of the leading lights of that minor/U20 group. Exceptional talents like Masterson & Hyland, and you don't give up players like that easily.

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:28 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
"Hyland and Masterson showed more between the ears than many older players, which is the main thing."

This can't be overstated. In recent years, this team has had a woeful tendency to panic in crunch situations.

Hyland and Masterson are the most decorated underage Kildare players of the modern era and you saw why. Make no mistake, when the kickout was being taken a point down with 90 seconds left, the situation was dire.

We wouldn't have scored that point last year. McCormack and Hyland remained calm and actually THOUGHT their way through the situation, which is a hugely encouraging new development for this team – and it's the young lads leading the way.

Long may it continue. Incidentally, if we're back in Div 1 next year, we have to move heaven and earth to get Jack Robinson and Brian McLoughlin back in the squad – they were two of the leading lights of that minor/U20 group. Exceptional talents like Masterson & Hyland, and you don't give up players like that easily.

Not Cian o neill fault mc Loughlin left Panel

Last edited by Newbridgeornowhere on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 am

I have no personal insight, but all I’ll say is if I was manager, McLoughlin & Robinson would be in squad.

I still hope we’ll see them in the white at some stage.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:47 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Cian o neill fault mc Loughlin left Panel
Please explain how that is the case????
You cannot throw that around and not give an explanation if you are in the know???
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 1:06 am

white boy wrote:
Nash to me, can become a big player  for kildare. He the first player  I see  that can pick up a lot of breaking ball off the middle 6 . HE very quick and he also  runs at teams. Like to see him get a chance. He   runs right down the middle, and looks battle hard already from last year's U/20 .Believe me this lad  will be a big Player for us goning forward.

Bringing Him on in the 69th minute is ridiculous.. hopefully Padraig has the patience needed.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 1:08 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
white boy wrote:
Nash to me, can become a big player  for kildare. He the first player  I see  that can pick up a lot of breaking ball off the middle 6 . HE very quick and he also  runs at teams. Like to see him get a chance. He   runs right down the middle, and looks battle hard already from last year's U/20 .Believe me this lad  will be a big Player for us goning forward.

Bringing Him on in the 69th minute is ridiculous.. hopefully Padraig has the patience needed.

Yeah I agree with that, with all the injuries and withdrawals Nash should be given a chance.

He is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next