Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Armagh

Go down 
+27
Flamingo
Lanemusic
white boy
KILL BILL
OutTheGap
Caprea
Gaa1928
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
intheback
jim
FearBan
lomond
moatesports
Ogie
topcat
Shergar
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
murof
kickingking
maccie
Liffey Likes
Rex
Curraghplains
Kildare98
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 9:17 am

Flynn missing is a big loss, free taker is vital and without him out we don't have a 8/9 out of ten man. Think we'll struggle if I'm honest. Armagh play a game which we find very hard to play against. It will be won up front so I'll be very interested to see the team selection
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:16 pm

Rex wrote:
Flynn missing is a big loss, free taker is vital and without him out we don't have a 8/9 out of ten man.

Jimmy Hyland (if fit) is easily an 8/9 out of 10 man.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

One thing I'd like to see an end to, is this ridiculous experiment of putting Feely in at FF. He is the best midfielder we have and IMO should be left there. Worrying to see him thrown in @ FF again against WestMeath.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Why the hell is everyone debating Hyland’s fitness? Of course he’s fit - he & Podge Fogarty tormented Queens over the weekend.

There is NO WAY Fogarty should have been dropped. What the hell is O’Neill playing at? He drives me up the wall sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 pm

flourman wrote:
Rex wrote:
Flynn missing is a big loss, free taker is vital and without him out we don't have a 8/9 out of ten man.

Jimmy Hyland (if fit) is easily an 8/9 out of 10 man.

You are right of course, I'm hoping he is able to do it in his first real year at senior when there are teams like Armagh hitting him hard and in his ear all game.
Back to top Go down
maccie
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Having watched the Armagh Tyrone game, i am not sure that i would start Jimmy Hyland v Armagh.Armagh have a sweeper and 2 physical corner backs and there is very little room for a small man to operate. I would bring him on as a sub when games opens up. He will get roughed up if he starts and could ruin his confidence if we have a poor match official who lets things happen ala Dan Flynn v Galway.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Can see the merits in your view Maccie but with injuries, suspensions etc we'll be lucky to field a team at this stage!

Incidentally, of the departed players, v sorry to see McLoughlin gone if true. He definitely had it in him to step up and make a contribution this year.

Oh well, get back to Div 1 and things take on a very different complexion. Such a crucial campaign from that point of view.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 11:59 pm

Fogarty simply can't get around the pitch well enough for senior inter-county football and continually looks to turn on to his right. Westmeath game highlighted this again. Wouldn't be hailing anyone on the basis of beating the worst Queens Sigerson team in at least 30 years by a point. Sorry to see McLoughlin go but he has been injured more often than fit in the last 3 years and having some time out of inter-county football might not be the worst thing in the world. In the couple of chances he had with the seniors this year and last, things seemed to pass him by. Might just need time.

Feel terrible for TMH, they have been heroic, but Peter Kelly's return is badly needed. Not sure about Armagh sweeper, Tyrone were keeping a man back so they just left a man back to mirror that, against a 3 man full-forward line I'm not sure they stick with a sweeper. Would help us defensively if they did. Can't protect young lads from the harsh realities of inter-county football forever, need to throw them in and see how they go.

Lost to Cavan by 4 at the weekend. Not sure how many subs were wheeled in and out but difficult to get much from it without so many panelists available at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 12:54 am

Disagree on Fogarty, but it's done now. People perennially saying the same about Moolick and he perennially proves them wrong. Anyway... Hopefully McLoughlin back at some point, preferably in Div 1 next year.

TMH players' return is very welcome, sad and all as it is for them. That gives us a big boost and makes me optimistic. I wonder will Mark Sherry ever get back in the mix?

I really think there's a case for switching D Hyland and Doyle, we need to change it up at this stage.

Team I'd go for...

Donnellan

Dempsey
Doyle
Kelly

O'Donoghue
D Hyland
K Cribbin

Feely
Moolick

Conway
P Cribbin
O'Flaherty

J Hyland
McCormack
Healy
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 1:36 am

The TMH house lads have been on the go the best part of a year, I reckon they should be told to take a break until after the Fermanagh game where there is a break at least. Pitching them straight back and expecting them to perform isn't fair on them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 am

Er, one game in six weeks?

They'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:15 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Why the hell is everyone debating Hyland’s fitness? Of course he’s fit - he & Podge Fogarty tormented Queens over the weekend.

There is NO WAY Fogarty should have been dropped. What the hell is O’Neill playing at? He drives me up the wall sometimes.

When did he drop him? Off the squad? When he could barely walk so severe was his back injury? Did him a huge favour I would venture to allow him get it right.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Ogie wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

When did he drop him? Off the squad? When he could barely walk so severe was his back injury? Did him a huge favour I would venture to allow him get it right.
pascal Connell and podge were released from Panel last week
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm

surely tom cribben will be a big help to tighten up at the back with his county experience to the fore
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 pm

Ogie wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Fake news. He was MOTM for Maynooth over weekend. Do not tell me he couldn't have played a part against Armagh - particularly when we're crippled with injuries and suspensions.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 11:09 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Ogie wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Fake news. He was MOTM for Maynooth over weekend. Do not tell me he couldn't have played a part against Armagh - particularly when we're crippled with injuries and suspensions.
seen highlights of that Match standard was not great . Very loose marking in game would not get that against Armagh
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 11:25 pm

He would have been a good option v Armagh. But look, it's done... Have to proceed with the squad we have. TMH players back onboard is a big boost.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 am

Did Daniel Flynn play for Maynooth in the Sigerson or is he injured ??
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 am

Er, Lomond – Daniel not playing for Kildare this season one of the winter's biggest sports stories...

In other news, Sopranos has ended & Trump has been elected President!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:13 am

Read my question you muppet...Maynooth not Kildare !!!
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 1:48 am

lomond wrote:
Did Daniel Flynn play for Maynooth in the Sigerson or is he injured ??
he in America since early December
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:01 am

thank you "Newbridgeornowhere" .... he would be a big loss to Maynooth getting a run at the Sigerson
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:08 am

Kildare 4/5. Armagh 5/4.
I'm about as confident as PP on this one Folks.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 am

Not even sure I'd make us favourites missing so many...

Clarke really gives Armagh an extra dimension and we completely failed to deal with him last time.

Think it'll be an uphill struggle but hoping our boys can get a performance out of themselves. Would be a precious two points.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 am

Stats dept: we haven’t won a league game since Clare in April 2017. Almost fully two years!

Apparently the TMH lads are out, in addition to Kevin Flynn, Neil Flynn, Paddy Brophy, Mick O’Grady & probably a few more by the time you’ve finished reading this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Armagh   Kildare v Armagh - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Armagh
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next