Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2020 Club Championships

Go down 
+55
Anyonebutthedubs
Hurlerbehindtheditch
GoDownOnIt
Kicking King
topcat
SplitThePosts
CantonasCollar
BearintheSquare
bloodsub
Curraghplains
CILLDara 1998
TheManInTheStands
fatherted
seamymurphy
Club fan
TommyKeegan
jim
lilysavage
Badger85
kildarecat
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
jj
PMA
DONTPULLOUT
intheback
Sorrynotsorry
GaaBoi
Flamingo
Rex
kevhog88
upforyourballmeman
jemser
murof
Ohtoohtobe
TheGeneral
Misneach
lomond
Bigfullforward
TopOfTheLeft
racer
eadestown1
jobluts
wingback
Ogie
white boy
totalgaa
captainautumn
All down the line
county-minor
Kildare98
lilywhites on tour
OutTheGap
jimmers
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 7:09 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
I can't see any club football until June 2021 at the earliest, I sincerely hope I'm wrong but that's just my own opinion.

Jayus, might not see any football until June let alone club football, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 10:06 pm

GoDownOnIt wrote:
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0126/1192185-allianz-leagues-set-to-be-delayed-until-end-of-march/

Unlikely I fear, these players are amateurs, can't stay in a bubble,
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 3:10 pm

I fail to see what the rush is to get things started, if we have an inter county season which runs June-October, club leagues without county players running from August-October and club championship season starting in November and club All-Irelands reverting back to Paddys Day 2021. County finals on Stephens Day would be a novel concept and could generate alot of enthusiasm, although any games with crowds will generate enthusiasm after 2020 and early part of this year!

Ogie likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 4:39 pm

topcat wrote:
I fail to see what the rush is to get things started, if we have an inter county season which runs June-October, club leagues without county players running from August-October and club championship season starting in November and club All-Irelands reverting back to Paddys Day 2021. County finals on Stephens Day would be a novel concept and could generate alot of enthusiasm, although any games with crowds will generate enthusiasm after 2020 and early part of this year!

Jesus county finals on Stephen's day would be a great day out for a few pints! Maybe its only because I'd murder a few now but it would be great. Probably some drawbacks to it but imagine the craic

White Bridge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm

GoDownOnIt wrote:
topcat wrote:

Jesus county finals on Stephen's day would be a great day out for a few pints! Maybe its only because I'd murder a few now but it would be great. Probably some drawbacks to it but imagine the craic

Probably be 7 a side at that stage of the year, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:02 pm

“I fail to see the rush to get things started... club leagues in August/October”

I’m sorry, I completely disagree. I appreciate football is an outlet for everyone... players, management and supporters alike, but it’s not exactly evenly split. The pandemic has been tough on everyone, but disproportionately so on over 65’s and under 25’s.
I’m willing to bet most posters here have partners, their own homes, potentially kids, jobs... many club players around Kildare currently don’t, nor any opportunity to obtain them any time soon. The whole “what’s another 4 months” argument may fly for some of you who have their lives together and things to live for, but I can guarantee you, there are players all over Kildare with nothing to live for but the day they get back playing football. That’s why there is a rush and we can’t wait to get back playing.

Either way, the county board are planning to start the club leages in April.

Taibi and GoDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 10:59 pm

I speak above meaning absolutely no disrespect to anyone or with intentions of diminishing the effects covid has had on anybody, it’s been horrendous for us all.
I just can’t justify pushing club football back once the go ahead is given.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 7:46 am

I completely respect where you are coming from SplitThePosts, my own thinking on it is that we are at Level 5 until at least March 5th and given what happened over Christmas, I can't see any relaxation prior to Paddy's Day at least, given that the GAA are determined to have county first, I don't see why they wouldn't give themselves as much time as possible to allow crowds back into grounds in time for All-Ireland finals at least. Also I don't think a stop/start season is good for anyone so if they hold off until late summer, it should mean that things can run right through without a break, as I said it is just my opinion but I think the most important thing is that the GAA give some clarity between now and March 5th well as much as they can give, this situation is constantly evolving obviously.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 am

SplitThePosts wrote:
“I fail to see the rush to get things started... club leagues in August/October”

I’m sorry, I completely disagree. I appreciate football is an outlet for everyone... players, management and supporters alike, but it’s not exactly evenly split. The pandemic has been tough on everyone, but disproportionately so on over 65’s and under 25’s.
I’m willing to bet most posters here have partners, their own homes, potentially kids, jobs... many club players around Kildare currently don’t, nor any opportunity to obtain them any time soon. The whole “what’s another 4 months” argument may fly for some of you who have their lives together and things to live for, but I can guarantee you, there are players all over Kildare with nothing to live for but the day they get back playing football. That’s why there is a rush and we can’t wait to get back playing.

Sorry SplitThePosts but while I completely understand your frustration I don't think its possible at this time to re-commence football, nor any time before the summer, and I am directly involved in club football myself.  
While we did our best late last year with the club football and everyone more or less followed Covid procedures we still had outbreaks within teams but  if we were the do the same again next week, next month the outcome would be totally different under the current virus threat, most probably increased significantly.

The potential to bring this disease into the home, workplace, schools, etc at present I feel is far too risky, only my opinion mind you, but drop over to Naas Hospital and see the effect both inside and even worse then that outside it at the moment.

SplitThePosts likes this post

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 2:31 pm

I appreciate what you’re saying completely and agree. Football is not more important than safety. If football is deemed to be unsafe or the threat of the virus at any given time too high to justify playing, I’ll agree that there shouldn’t be any played.
The way I interpreted the initial “what’s the rush” message was that come a time football is deemed safe again, there shouldn’t be a rush. Was probably my mistake in understanding
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 2:54 pm

SplitThePosts wrote:

I love this post! You don't have to agree with it but just the passion for playing football that comes through in this is just brilliant.

Fair play to you SplitThePosts

Taibi and Gaa1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Sorry SplitThePosts, I wasn't clear, I meant that I don't think the G.A.A should be preempting when it might be safe to return and buying themselves as much time as possible would be my preferred route.

If it is safe in March/April by all means go ahead I just don't see any way in which that is a realistic goal based on current numbers.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Limerick managers opinion on returning to play:

https://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/315406

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
I can't see any club football until June 2021 at the earliest, I sincerely hope I'm wrong but that's just my own opinion.

Jayus, might not see any football until June let alone club football, Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am working in this area I still feel we are looking at June, earliest.
Back to top Go down
Kicking King
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 10:43 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

You would imagine that recent announcements mean that unfinished 2020 championships won’t be completed now.

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 1:42 pm

Halfback wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

You would imagine that recent announcements mean that unfinished 2020 championships won’t be completed now.

Yeah I can't see how they will be or what value there would be in trying to do so
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Any talk in your clubs about getting in membership this year. Very difficult to ask or expect people to pay the full amount when at best all they will have is half a year and a limited calendar. Especially the juveniles
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Anyonebutthedubs wrote:
Any talk in your clubs about getting in membership this year. Very difficult to ask or expect people to pay the full amount when at best all they will have is half a year and a limited calendar. Especially the juveniles

Unfortunately Clubs don't get to pay half the bills. A lot of Clubs in serious trouble, particularly those who have gone out on a limb to build fantastic facilities and have found themselves in a rising tide of debt without the ability to fundraise out of trouble. Try not paying your membership in the Golf, Soccer or Rugby club and see how you get on. Clubs need there members support at this time to ensure the gates are still open this time next year.
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 pm

All very valid points in fairness hopefully Kildare will give the clubs a break and not stick them with all the usual annual levies and forcing them to sell or be billed for draw tickets. I know kildare are in financial trouble but alot of that is their own making.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 12:59 pm

Some clubs have actually increased their memberships fees. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:

I would actually be interested in the sort of membership figures across the county. We did increase ours for 2021 but it had been passed at our previous AGM at the end of 2019.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:26 pm

White Bridge wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

I would actually be interested in the sort of membership figures across the county. We did increase ours for 2021 but it had been passed at our previous AGM at the end of 2019.

Inceasing membership is a mad decision for any club to do. Just mad
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm

My own club is €80 adult paid it the other day same as last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Club Championships   2020 Club Championships - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2020 Club Championships
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28