Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 am

Mick O Grady, Eoin Doyle, Alex Beirne, Kirwan, Dan Flynn, Kevin Flynn, Jimmy Hyland

Just some of the names who have actively regressed in last 2 seasons. 1 season under Glen we still had the hangover from Jack O Connor. But my god the last 2 years have been nothing short of embarrassing.

Glen Ryan who was a warrior for Kildare has dropped ao far in my estimation by not stepping aside.

Southern Gael, OutSideOfTheBoot and Kildare127 like this post

Back to top Go down
Leead64
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:17 am

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
Yeah I'll be there. Going to the Hill for the first time since 2011 just out of curiosity. I'm sure I'll have plenty of room for most of the game!
I know a lot of people in here abandoned going to games when we started losing so I'm just curious, what is the stage where you start supporting the team again? When results start to go our way?

Why would you support a team managed and run by a county board who clearly don't have the best intentions of the county in mind? Why pay money to line the pockets of those who are responsible for this mess? they don't deserve a cent nor the support from any kildare fan. People haven't abandoned the team because they started losing (they lost plenty in the Mcgeeney Era too), they've abandoned a toxic environment full of incompetence from top to bottom.

lilywhites on tour, Kildare98, FionnMcCool, lily92 and TheGreatof1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:24 am

Leead64 wrote:
really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
Yeah I'll be there. Going to the Hill for the first time since 2011 just out of curiosity. I'm sure I'll have plenty of room for most of the game!
I know a lot of people in here abandoned going to games when we started losing so I'm just curious, what is the stage where you start supporting the team again? When results start to go our way?

Why would you support a team managed and run by a county board who clearly don't have the best intentions of the county in mind? Why pay money to line the pockets of those who are responsible for this mess? they don't deserve a cent nor the support from any kildare fan. People haven't abandoned the team because they started losing (they lost plenty in the Mcgeeney Era too), they've abandoned a toxic environment full of incompetence from top to bottom.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kildare haven't won anything in 24 years. I'm not following them for the glory days they bring us.

Leead64 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 am

As long as we pay, they’ll point to the balance sheets and say they’re doing a great job.

They’ll also laud the small stand. Money talks. Don’t fool yourselves that its performances or results in Kildare.

Income for the county board and jobs for the lads (and lassies).
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 am

Anyone hear the interview, “We didn’t plan for the Tailteann,” maybe we should have after losing every game in division fucking 2. “Lots of work to be done, but the lads have a week break.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:48 am

LillieLad wrote:
Anyone hear the interview, “We didn’t plan for the Tailteann,” maybe we should have after losing every game in division fucking 2. “Lots of work to be done, but the lads have a week break.

Shocking statement.
Well if you don’t have a plan..let someone in who can come up with a coherent one for it!
No plan then let someone else in.

LillieLad and Kildare127 like this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 3:52 am

Barry Kelly sums the team and management up, missing a free from 14 yards out, not that it matters now but thank god the ref brought it back.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:02 am

When there is no plan and no structure lads try to take things on themselves and do stupid things. The shot selection shows that.
But, let's not just lay it all on the forwards either. There was no contact on Louth and they bamboozled us with runners a few times.

Home now and threw on GAAGo. Paddy Andrews (who we all love) was muttering Jesus Christ at some of the things we were doing. Tomás O Sé asking if that team were really up for the fight...

The subs that came on mostly looked like U16s compared to Louth too. It's just a mess, but Glenn can't take all the heat. How can a young lad like Farrell take things on and bring himself into the game when lads with years more experience flute around and make stupid errors and never seem to learn...

Anyway, Tailteann Cup here we go! Hopefully we can get a nice away trip...
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 am

Any chance the management will be gone tonight or at least before the draw on Tuesday?
They won't go themselves how Johnny Doyle when he knows the standard McGeeney set just doesn't say lads we have to go.
Not that Ryan will listen but surely if the players said we have no confidence or the county board chairman said you may go for the Tailteann.
They would have to.
We could at least try salvage something by guaranteeing a place in the AI series next year BUT we will not do that with Ryan and Co.
There won't be many Kildare supporters following Kildare in the Tailteann knowing that management are still over them.
Just as we knew we wouldn't avoid relegation and just as we knew we wouldn't guarantee our place in the All-Ireland series this Summer.
Let someone else in there to try do that by winning or even blood a few players and put some sort of positive end to this horrible mess. That wont happen though if Ryan and Co are let continue.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 am

the numbers attending games will continue to fall. the memberships too. only money talks for these lads. I actually feel sorry for them.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 am

LillieLad wrote:

Tailteann Cup is in 2 weeks. They're getting a week's break from what exactly?

They look like they've been doing nothing. It's the unfittest Kildare team in my lifetime .

Kildare98 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:26 am

Lads isn’t it fecking amazing that the likes of London & New York would fancy a tilt at Kildare… Genuinely if we got them away - or probably even at home - you’d be sweating.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
LillieLad wrote:

Tailteann Cup is in 2 weeks. They're getting a week's break from what exactly?

They look like they've been doing nothing.  It's the unfittest Kildare team in my lifetime .

Exactly a week’s break from a five-month holiday.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 am

People asking what is going wrong with Kildare? Let's be honest, this slide has been going since before the Leinster Final in 2022. Westmeath should have beaten us in the semis.

Then we were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year too. There were flickers with Roscommon last year when Feely dragged us through and we also had a few more scorers.

The slide has been going for a while and in reality we all knew what to expect today. There will be no reaction from the players, there will be no changes made...we will just float on until the season officially ends.

Liffey Likes and ClaneLillywhite like this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 am

Glen is appalling . The team isn't fit with serious issues around being in shape (fat in several cases) and just giving a shit. We do realise as taxpayers we are paying for this?
Back to top Go down
Kildarelilly
Junior A
Junior A
Kildarelilly

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 am

LillieLad wrote:
Barry Kelly sums the team and management up, missing a free from 14 yards out, not that it matters now but thank god the ref brought it back.

he didn't there was two balls on the pitch
woodgate had the other in his hand and Barry Kelly drove the other ball behind the goal

moatesports, SplitThePosts and Kildare127 like this post

Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 am

I detest the tailteann cup and I hate that we are in this darn competition but it is of real importance to win it. If we want to attract the best possible manager next year then it is of extra relevance that we win it and have automatic qualification to the All Ireland series. Let's face it, unless we win the Tailteann we have little hope of making All Ireland series of 2025 because we are in D. 3 and could meet Dublin before a Leinster final .
Now everyone from the county board down needs to be honest. We will win no Tailteann cup with the current situation. Take action now!!.
Back to top Go down
CONNTRICK
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I'm going to ask again, and not singling out beyond reputation, why is Darragh Kirwan considered good at this level? I think he's drowning at it, he's so out of depth

He is good. He's technically very good anyway They play him out wrong though. Not exactly sure how you would get the most out of him but trying to use him as an all action up and don't the field player is not working.

There needs to be some kind of system or set plays that they can go to to make the most out of our attacking players. Our strategy at the minute is
"hey you, you are good...do something magic to beat 3 defenders and score...it is not compatible with the modern game. It is like something out of the mid 90's or the early 2000's when football was much more man on man.

In that era he would have thrived.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:16 am

Can anyone attempt to explain why Donnellan was standing with his back to the play watching Louth break from defence on the big screen?

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

Liffey Likes wrote:
I detest the tailteann cup and I hate that we are in this darn competition but it is of real importance to win it. If we want to attract the best possible manager next year then it is of extra relevance that we win it and have automatic qualification to the All Ireland series. Let's face it, unless we win the Tailteann we have little hope of making All Ireland series of 2025 because we are in D. 3 and could meet Dublin before a Leinster final .
Now everyone from the county board down needs to be honest. We will win no Tailteann cup with the current situation. Take action now!!.

Oh it’s detrimental to the future of Kildare football no doubt about it. To be honest I’m not sure any other county would stand for what’s going on with us at the minute. The supporters on here see it a mile away but unfortunately I’m not convinced the powers that be want to do something about it.

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 am

Imagine you were sitting down last December and someone said between the O'Byrne cup, League and Championship Kildare would win two games, get relegated and end up in the Tailteann cup and there would be no change made anywhere you'd think they were high or crazy. Yet here we are.

Fun times

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, Kildare98, Liffey Likes, Thelillywhites, Lánchúlaí and Kildare127 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare127
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 am

bloodsub wrote:
Can anyone attempt to explain why Donnellan was standing with his back to the play watching Louth break from defence on the big screen?

Probably didn't want to look at the sideline with that big oaf Ryan trying to instruct players while he can barely speak English himself.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 am

A measure of the current “panel” will be how many feck off to America or just drop off the panel.

I say let them go. A proposal should be made to the most promising of the u20 team of last year to come in and guarantee them game time in the three matches, regardless of how they go.

And Glenn and co have to go. They can’t be left after all that’s happened. I wouldn’t entrust the development of the younger players in their hands.

A word on Shane Farrell. FairPlay to the young lad. Only in the team. First big game in Croke park and he did his best, took the game to them and had the cajones to take on three massive frees. He’ll be a mainstay for years if he keeps that attitude and continues to develop his game.

In stark contrast to the pissant who grabbed the ball off him and slammed it wide for a free that Farrell would’ve tapped over.

Our lack of leaders on the pitch allowed that to happen. Regardless of how good Feely is, he’s not a leader. He could’ve and should’ve stopped that.

Farrell, Dalton, Bolton, Harry O’Neill, Gibbons all need to be getting runs for the rest of the year. The older options are finished.

lilywhites on tour, TheGreatof1928 and Kildare127 like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildarelilly
Junior A
Junior A
Kildarelilly

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 am

I dunno if we'll even win the tailteann cup lads . laois are in there that's a big derby game should we come across them . down are banging in goals and would completely take us apart. Fermanagh who beat us already . like Jesus Christ and I wouldn't be surprised if Wicklow or a Longford pipped us the way were motoring.

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildarelilly
Junior A
Junior A
Kildarelilly

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 5:58 am

Badger85 wrote:
A measure of the current “panel” will be how many feck off to America or just drop off the panel.

I say let them go. A proposal should be made to the most promising of the u20 team of last year to come in and guarantee them game time in the three matches, regardless of how they go.

And Glenn and co have to go. They can’t be left after all that’s happened. I wouldn’t entrust the development of the younger players in their hands.

A word on Shane Farrell. FairPlay to the young lad. Only in the team. First big game in Croke park and he did his best, took the game to them and had the cajones to take on three massive frees. He’ll be a mainstay for years if he keeps that attitude and continues to develop his game.

first off feely is our best player and leader by a mile . that's complete bullshit saying he isn't a leader . Because if you were at every game when Woodgate comes on he's on the frees from the left side he even takes them off feely as seen in the league so that's obviously a management decision.

In stark contrast to the pissant who grabbed the ball off him and slammed it wide for a free that Farrell would’ve tapped over.

Our lack of leaders on the pitch allowed that to happen. Regardless of how good Feely is, he’s not a leader. He could’ve and should’ve stopped that.

Farrell, Dalton, Bolton, Harry O’Neill, Gibbons all need to be getting runs for the rest of the year. The older options are finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next