Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 am

Manhatten21 wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
Christ, where to start...

Were the equivalent of a semi, what's the point of that effort and what can you do with it anyway.

Was thinking about like of Willie McCreery who'd risk his being for a dirty ball versus that lot watching that. They're far bigger than Willie but utter cowards.

Paddy Woodgate was beyond shocking but it's unfair to blame just him for what was absolute junior c garbage on his behalf. Does he play football normally?

They're a bunch of players who just don't have the intelligence. Said if for years. It was pathetic. And in the era of sweeper keepers ours is obese.

Our manager at his age would be a better player than most of this team, and most of his team would be a better manager.

Knew we were beaten ten minutes in with the state of them all. Won't get near Tailteann Cup as winning takes pride and there is none there. I'm just angry at the cost of that shite.

Good morning Tommy. Just wondering why you only mentioned one player out of 20 who played yesterday. Is there an agenda or something against the player mentioned above. A great example of demonstrating stupidity to be fair to you and next to know knowledge so kudos to you on that.

Ignore this person, Tommy. He must be related to Woodgate and doesn't like the truth. I was threatened by this thug yesterday.

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:55 am

I'm rewatching Kildare v Down 2010 this evening. The intensity, pride and atmosphere is something else.

We are so far away from that in every sense. Oh to get back to them days. The leadership, words in the ear all over the pitch. Communication and encouragement.

Two U20 all irelands in recent years and somehow we are further away than ever when we should be right there. It's thoroughly depressing.

lilywhites on tour and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 am

TheGreatof1928 wrote:
I'm rewatching Kildare v Down 2010 this evening. The intensity, pride and atmosphere is something else.

We are so far away from that in every sense. Oh to get back to them days. The leadership, words in the ear all over the pitch. Communication and encouragement.

Two U20 all irelands in recent years and somehow we are further away than ever when we should be right there. It's thoroughly depressing.

Would ask McGeeney back if he becomes available next year at all costs. I have mentioned the reasons why on here before so no need to say them all again.
If he is at at all available. He should be approached.
@Thegreat of1928 I’ll have to take out the tissues. My stomach wouldn’t be able for that tonight. Great pride.
That’s what I was trying to explain yesterday leaving Croke Park. As I said I could leave the venue happy in knowing that we gave it everything.. as a management..as a team and as supporters and we did so as one (McGeeney factor) but yesterday packed a sucker punch.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:35 am

Ah lads I would do anything for McGeeney to come back literally anything.

KILL BILL and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:50 am

Sitting in the stands in Croke Park yesterday and I looked around at the disbelief on the faces of Kildare men and women in the stands. Some with heads in their hands, some laughing at the hilarity of what they were witnessing.

There was an Offaly man in front of me and he from what I could make out wanted Kildare to win. I lost count at the amount of times he shook his head in disbelief and various points. Woodgate missed free he said "for fuck sake".

A lot of it yesterday embarrassing to witness. Yet another occasion this year we've been utterly abysmal throughout.

One thing that has really struck me this season is our inability to up the tempo or pace when we're chasing a game or want to dictate the tempo and take it to the opposition. We've been unbelievably one dimensional.

Subs have never ever had an impact all year. Most have came in and done worse .

Can anyone make out what our gameplan or approach actually is? Anyone ?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 am

I think we upped the tempo once yesterday early in the second half and the little crowd we had got into it a little bit, but then we missed chances galore and Louth capitalised, game fucking over.

Ah lads the Down, and Dongel defeats were fucking heartbreaking under Geezer but by god did the players and management give everything, even the Tyrone and Cork defeat's in 08 and 09, the lads died with their boots on. What I would give for some of those days again, a team to be proud of. Nowadays we have an unfit, naive, soft team with a joke of a management setup. Disaster all round, we may rip it all up and start again.

I would move heaven and high water to bring Geezer back, I'd say the training sessions nowadays are a doddle in comparison to what our teams went through from 08-13. I'd say they were more advanced back then too despite the fact it's 11 years since McGeeney was in charge.

Any chance of another mass?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 am

The most frustrating thing is sometimes you can see a tactic they've clearly planned work to perfection only for us to not get a score off it.

Classic example in first five minutes against Louth, we put on a great kick out press, the keeper panics and makes a balls of it, Kirwan has the ball in the D and Niall Kelly and another forward are inside free, it's an absolute CERTAIN goal, a simple ball over the top and Kelly can either bury it himself or set up a tap in, and ... the short handpass is shovelled over his head and the chance is gone.

Like no gameplan will work if we can't execute the basic skills.

That's not to say our tactics and gameplan are good in general. The players seem beyond confused and overthink and second guess every pass and action.

Glenn's two-year review led to Nally being imposed and he appears to have made things worse. I don't know the chap but his record is not stellar; he was Meath coach the time they scored 0-4 in a Leinster final. It's almost funny that the action that came out of the review has led to us getting much worse.

I think we need to strip it right back to basics for the Tailteann. 10-yard handpasses, kicking points while under no pressure in the D, free-taking from 30 yards.

Because if we could do that type of thing reliably we actually would have beaten Louth despite all our problems.

OutTheGap and All down the line like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 6:40 pm

LillieLad wrote:
I think we upped the tempo once yesterday early in the second half and the little crowd we had got into it a little bit, but then we missed chances galore and Louth capitalised, game fucking over.

Ah lads the Down, and Dongel defeats were fucking heartbreaking under Geezer but by god did the players and management give everything, even the Tyrone and Cork defeat's in 08 and 09, the lads died with their boots on. What I would give for some of those days again, a team to be proud of. Nowadays we have an unfit, naive, soft team with a joke of a management setup. Disaster all round, we may rip it all up and start again.

I would move heaven and high water to bring Geezer back, I'd say the training sessions nowadays are a doddle in comparison to what our teams went through from 08-13. I'd say they were more advanced back then too despite the fact it's 11 years since McGeeney was in charge.

100% agree Kildare were known for been one of fittest units and you knew the players would never give up until the final whistle. Nobody wanted Kildare in the qualifiers we were the toughest team to beat
Well McGeeney has said as recent as this year, he wouldn't rule out coming back and has unfinished business in Kildare.
It's potentially he's last year with Armagh here's hoping that someone that is not Mick Gorman has the brains and vision to approach him if he's available.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 pm

Thelillywhites wrote:
LillieLad wrote:

100% agree Kildare were known for been one of fittest units and you knew the players would never give up until the final whistle. Nobody wanted Kildare in the qualifiers we were the toughest team to beat
Well McGeeney has said as recent as this year, he wouldn't rule out coming back and has unfinished business in Kildare.
It's potentially he's last year with Armagh here's hoping that someone that is not Mick Gorman has the brains and vision to approach him if he's available.
You knew players would never give up??? Ah here. They gave up easily in 2012 when Cork hammered them, and Dublin destroyed them in 2013.

Thet gave up against Meath in 2012 too. They didn't have in it them to go and finish off Tyrone in 2013 in Newbridge. McGeeney's last game in charge.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

Seems the perfect storm to me.
Players look so confused and look like they never played together at all.
Management seem all over place too.
Our forwards cannot score at the moment. And until I see kirwan and co actually score on a regular basis I will hold my opinion.

The defence is also out in the cold. Its the lack of contact I cannot understand. Shadowing. Moving position. Etc. But actually just marking man on man would be a start. Then you can access and have spare man back for cover.
Worrying thing is a lot of our backs are getting skint
man on man. Against average forwards.

Goalie is goalie. He is decent shot stopper in my opinion. Kick outs may not be perfect but options out the field improve that greatly.

Midfield is just average no matter who we have there. I really do not think feely is a forward but I understand trying him inside.

Would I be correct in saying
Our players are division 2 at best
Out management are division 2 at best.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 8:57 pm

You're correct on the players level but too kind on your assessment of management!

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 pm

In reality are this crop of players a Division 2 standard? I don't believe there is many that are, honestly bar one or two not many of them would scare you at club level and that is the reality from a current player in Kildare!
But then you do look at how poor Donegal were last year and with a good manager and set up what can be achieved, I just don't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm

Onechance wrote:
In reality are this crop of players a Division 2 standard? I don't believe there is many that are, honestly bar one or two not many of them would scare you at club level and that is the reality from a current player in Kildare!
But then you do look at how poor Donegal were last year and with a good manager and set up what can be achieved, I just don't know anymore.
They're mid table Division 3 standard. I fear for them next year. Could be another relegation.

We have an unfit team and clueless team with an overweight goalkeeper (Should have been fucked out years ago) who's diet seems to be McDonald's Big Mac meals.

A new S&C may improve their fitness levels, but a new manger can't fix this mess. They may improve to an extent and be mid table in Division 3 and challenge in the Tailteann cup. That's about it. A sad sad state of affairs. They did this to themselves.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Onechance wrote:
They're mid table Division 3 standard. I fear for them next year. Could be another relegation.

We have an unfit team and clueless team with an overweight goalkeeper (Should have been fucked out years ago) who's diet seems to be McDonald's Big Mac meals.

A new S&C may improve their fitness levels, but a new manger can't fix this mess. They may improve to an extent and be mid table in Division 3 and challenge in the Tailteann cup. That's about it. A sad sad state of affairs. They did this to themselves.

Ah here lad some of this is too far. Have a bit of common sense. Our goalkeeper is human being at the end of the day.

It's football, it's important to us and we are passionate. But we shouldn't stoop to the level of personal attacks as has become all too common today in the country.

KILL BILL and Moorefieldbhoy like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm

TheGreatof1928 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Onechance wrote:

Ah here lad some of this is too far. Have a bit of common sense. Our goalkeeper is human being at the end of the day.

It's football, it's important to us and we are passionate.  But we shouldn't stoop to the level of personal attacks as has become all too common today in the country.
A human being not in physical condition to be playing at this level. A human being who is well looked after (Diet aside) Intercounty players are well taken care of. Much better than we ever will be. Criticism is part and parcel of intetcounty football. Deal with it. A few home truths is what these fellas need.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 10:03 pm

For anyone that cares. The draw is live on https://www.gaa.ie/gaanowlive at 3pm.

donnellyshollow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 pm

I know what lads are saying that players not executing a clear move is not on the management, but within other, ofetn limited teams, it's drilled into them so much that they don't need to think.

Like if our lads have to actually think we panic and leave a man in a worse spot. Also, if you have zero confidence you second guess yourself and your team, so that's more openings for stupid moves.

That's where we are at. Lads who could be solid Div 2 players trying daft things. I do agree overall in Kildare that there are plenty of county men who never stand out.

But that's also an S&C issue. If you are a conditioned county player you should be able to boss a club man, even a good one.

But even at club level when they are fitter you see them doing DAFT things...as I said the U20 team last year were one of the few that actually managed a game.

Kildare can play well if the game suits them. So, sometimes we play better against better teams. But when a team locks it down they can just sit there and wait for us to make a mistake.

Also, up front and we are mentioning Jack Robinson and Kirwan a bit, but I watched both v Cork last year and they did not show and in fact were making the same mirrored runs into nowhere. Our actual movement to open up space is something that we are terrible at. But the defence gets all the grief...
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 10:45 pm

Hope we draw Offaly in tullamore ,in pecking order in Leinster I still say we with all players we are no 2 maybe I'm a dreamer
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Manhatten21
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:13 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Woodgate is useless. Two chances, two wides. Hes not the only one of.course.

An example of all the keyboard warriors on here. “Useless”. Yeah good man still miles better than you though as you were sitting watching him today. Hours upon hours of dedication and commitment (trust me I know, you prob don’t, going by the rest of your sad little comments here) he and the rest of them give. A vile human whoever you are, and for good measure and extremely sad one to. Singling out one players. You are a disgrace whoever you are like half of the people on here abusing players personally. I wish bad luck on whoever you are. Would love to know who you are but you’re a complete coward so we will never find out.
Say's Manhatten21😅😅😅 We're here to give our honest opionion. If you don't like it then Fuck off. How I'd love to meet you too, MANHATTEN. A Raheens man for sure. And don't you dare ever threaten me on here again you gutless little prick.

Making a show of yourself for the umpteenth time on this. If I was to hazard a guess I’d say you wouldn’t have kicked a football in your life. Also completely incorrect about where I’m from. Aswell as your rotten statements about amateur players you can’t even get your facts right. The definition of an idiot
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
For anyone that cares. The draw is live on https://www.gaa.ie/gaanowlive at 3pm.

I guess our homes games are in Hawkfield? The way the attendance are dropping off you could fit the attendance in a back garden.
Back to top Go down
Manhatten21
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
Christ, where to start...

Were the equivalent of a semi, what's the point of that effort and what can you do with it anyway.

Was thinking about like of Willie McCreery who'd risk his being for a dirty ball versus that lot watching that. They're far bigger than Willie but utter cowards.

Paddy Woodgate was beyond shocking but it's unfair to blame just him for what was absolute junior c garbage on his behalf. Does he play football normally?

They're a bunch of players who just don't have the intelligence. Said if for years. It was pathetic. And in the era of sweeper keepers ours is obese.

Our manager at his age would be a better player than most of this team, and most of his team would be a better manager.

Knew we were beaten ten minutes in with the state of them all. Won't get near Tailteann Cup as winning takes pride and there is none there. I'm just angry at the cost of that shite.

Good morning Tommy. Just wondering why you only mentioned one player out of 20 who played yesterday. Is there an agenda or something against the player mentioned above. A great example of demonstrating stupidity to be fair to you and next to know knowledge so kudos to you on that.

Ignore this person, Tommy. He must be related to Woodgate and doesn't like the truth. I was threatened by this thug yesterday.

We all know who “Tommy” is the same sad man who writes stuff on twitter 24/7 about a county when he’s in Portugal taking selfies with his dog. Abusing players left right and centre yet genuinely has never played at a level worth talking about. As of for lilywhite forever more ball knowledge in my foot than what that ham has.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:18 pm

Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

An example of all the keyboard warriors on here. “Useless”. Yeah good man still miles better than you though as you were sitting watching him today. Hours upon hours of dedication and commitment (trust me I know, you prob don’t, going by the rest of your sad little comments here) he and the rest of them give. A vile human whoever you are, and for good measure and extremely sad one to. Singling out one players. You are a disgrace whoever you are like half of the people on here abusing players personally. I wish bad luck on whoever you are. Would love to know who you are but you’re a complete coward so we will never find out.
Say's Manhatten21😅😅😅 We're here to give our honest opionion. If you don't like it then Fuck off. How I'd love to meet you too, MANHATTEN. A Raheens man for sure. And don't you dare ever threaten me on here again you gutless little prick.

Making a show of yourself for the umpteenth time on this. If I was to hazard a guess I’d say you wouldn’t have kicked a football in your life. Also completely incorrect about where I’m from. Aswell as your rotten statements about amateur players you can’t even get your facts right. The definition of an idiot
Amateur? Are you that fuckin thick to think these guy's aren't well rewarded outside of football? Fuck off with yourself you worthless piece of shit. And Btw i kicked plenty of football in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Manhatten21
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 pm

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

Amateur? Are you that fuckin thick to think these guy's aren't well rewarded outside of football? Fuck off with yourself you worthless piece of shit. And Btw i kicked plenty of football in my lifetime.

How are they well rewarded? Do a days work go to Hawkfield to train and repeat. Get gear and expenses. Yeah that’s being well rewarded beyond their commitment levels given. With such a comment it would show that you genuinely live in cuckoo land. Again another example of your stupidity in front of the public domain so fair play to you on that.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:46 pm

Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Manhatten21 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

How are they well rewarded? Do a days work go to Hawkfield to train and repeat. Get gear and expenses. Yeah that’s being well rewarded beyond their commitment levels given. With such a comment it would show that you genuinely live in cuckoo land. Again another example of your stupidity in front of the public domain so fair play to you on that.  
well looked after through the GPA. Let's not forget on the job front either. I know you're a thick fuck but this might help you understand a bit better.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/donnchadh-boyle-players-are-better-looked-after-but-are-under-microscope-more-than-ever-before/38447013.html
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 11:48 pm

If anyone is buying the Kildare Nationalist today "The Supporter" column is well worth a read. It will probably be online later so I'll post the link. Pulls no punches.

KILL BILL, OutTheGap and Onechance like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 25 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next