Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 7:36 am

moatesports wrote:
I was at game in tullamore last year when we beat the rossies and a guy beside me said you can have him back

That guy hasn't a clue obviously like a lot on here. Imagine a kildare team going to Tyrone and beating them in a championship match, we would be all creaming ourselves. All we have done with Tyrone is get our belly tickled

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 9:14 am

You can bring in who you like.. it won't make any difference.. that team bar 5 or 6 are not up to it.. I can tell you Davy Burke has a lot more to work with in Roscommon than he has here.
I thought Glen could do something with what we had tbh.. but anyone who thinks that any manager can do better is delusional..
And even more so if they think mcgeeney or anyone else is coming here for anything other than a few quid. That current Team are Division 3 and no manager will make them into a Division 1 Team.

dragonlilly likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 10:03 am

seamymurphy wrote:
You can bring in who you like.. it won't make any difference.. that team bar 5 or 6 are not up to it.. I can tell you Davy Burke has a lot more to work with in Roscommon than he has here.
I thought Glen could do something with what we had tbh.. but anyone who thinks that any manager can do better is delusional..
And even more so if they think mcgeeney or anyone else is coming here for anything other than a few quid. That current Team are Division 3 and no manager will make them into a Division  1 Team.

That's a load of bollocks anyway. The same players beat Roscommon last year and lost to Dublin by 3 points. The closest we got in years, glen lost the dressing room end of story. Get Davy in !
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 10:40 am

newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:
And even more so if they think mcgeeney or anyone else is coming here for anything other than a few quid. That current Team are Division 3 and no manager will make them into a Division  1 Team.

That's a load of bollocks anyway. The same players beat Roscommon last year and lost to Dublin by 3 points. The closest we got in years, glen lost the dressing room end of story. Get Davy in !

And, lost to Monaghan by a point.
Looks like he actually did a decent job with a poor crop.

Lilywhite forever likes this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 12:41 pm

seamymurphy wrote:

Well said seamy and yet he coached a few of your club men , average club players to win an all Ireland u20. Yes it was underage but he GOT THE MOST out of that group through good coaching . Have we had that in a long time ?

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 5:57 pm

seamymurphy wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:

Yes Glenn did a decent job last year and deserved another year but that is all overshadowed by not winning a single game in division 2. Burke wants the job and deserves a go at it.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 7:39 pm

newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:

Yes Glenn did a decent job last year and deserved another year but that is all overshadowed by not winning a single game in division 2.  Burke wants the job and deserves a go at it.

News to me regarding Burke.
Has he come out recently saying he wanted the job?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 8:17 pm

Id rekon if Roscommon give him another year he will stay there…… be crazy not to

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 8:22 pm

I think Roscommon will lose next weekend and he’s the most likely next Kildare manager. Wouldn’t be opposed to it, he has done enough to deserve a shot for three years. Crucial that the whole county is behind him.

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 8:56 pm

seamymurphy wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:

Glenn couldn't manage a stripper in Amsterdam. Gets towers relegated and then moves up to get Kildare relegated 2 years in row.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 9:43 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I think Roscommon will lose next weekend and he’s the most likely next Kildare manager. Wouldn’t be opposed to it, he has done enough to deserve a shot for three years. Crucial that the whole county is behind him.

I dont think it should be a dead cert if Roscommon are out.
This decision is to CRUCIAL for Kildare to get wrong. I wouldn't be against Davy he would ve one of my top picks but we need to look at many candidates and see what they can bring.
Players from the under 20 in 2018 should be even asked views just a view mind on Burke within the context of player/management.
No stone unturned.
Back to top Go down
The flour bags
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2024 11:18 pm

Niall carew ???

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 12:09 am

No..
Kevin Feely is on the punditry team for today’s Tailteann Semi-finals
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 9:24 am

Get the pros in?
Lol.
I did not see a queue of people to take these positions.
We are full of shit in kildare.
All mouth in private and not a word said in public.
I would say fair play to anyone who puts their name forward for these jobs. Ego or not.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 7:10 pm

BearintheSquare wrote:
Badger85 wrote:
Almost more important than the new manager, who’ll be the new chairman? Or woman?

And who’ll be in the new board? If that isn’t gotten right, it won’t matter who we’ll get as the manager. It’ll be a sticking up plaster or a compound fracture.

Imagine any top manager coming in and answering to those gombeen men?

Imagine how much further down the road Kildare would be if the clubs had of supported Dermot Reillys bid for the top job a number of years ago. He would have had the county board running like a business. Instead were reduced to lads all over the county having to pay into a match they are playing in.... unless there's a significant move to modernise our county board well be left languishing at the bottom. Tier forever more. Biscuit tin economics don't cut it nowadays....

Dermot Reilly was a major backer of Glen Ryan so don’t get too clouded. I don’t doubt his business acumen but he backed Glen and unfortunately we know where that’s taken us.
Yes we certainly have regressed and it’s got some appeal for someone out there to bring some confidence and belief back into the county. I fear like Laois years ago we’ve slipped into living our lives through underage success without actually turning it into adult success. We won an All Ireland U-20 and yes we’ll take it and the records will always show we did but people might remember virtually the same team were beaten in an All Ireland minor semi final by Kerry or more over David Clifford and he didn’t play with Kerry U-20’s in 2018.
I personally don’t think we have the players and we need to take the sun glasses off. The Kevin Feely’s, Eoin Doyle’s and Dan Flynn’s are only getting older and the only player the last year that has potentially shown something positive is Shane Farrell. Our conversation from underage to adult isn’t working in that players aren’t coming through. Yes Darragh Kirwan is someone you could build around because there isn’t anyone else jumping off the page.

I think we’ve a long few years ahead and Tailteann Cup is a reality for the next year or two.

Anyway for manager Micko, with McGeeney and Davy as selectors and Cian as water carrier. Problems solved.
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 7:32 pm

I’ve heard rumours from a few people that Rory Gallagher and Banty are the front runners, could be complete nonsense though.

I’ve a strong feeling that it will be an outside manager, I don’t think the board are too keen on Flanagan and Davy has burnt all bridges so is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 7:38 pm

Twentyeight wrote:
I’ve heard rumours from a few people that Rory Gallagher and Banty are the front runners, could be complete nonsense though.

I’ve a strong feeling that it will be an outside manager, I don’t think the board are too keen on Flanagan and Davy has burnt all bridges so is out of the question.

Ive heard strong rumours of the same
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 pm

I presume it's to create a feeling of relief when the eventual manager is appointed.
"Well at least it's not Banty."

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 8:12 pm

Genuinely would rather Gallagher than Banty and that’s saying something with the issues that could cause. Fuck me id rather Glen back for year 4 than Banty.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 8:45 pm

Funny all the rumours doing the rounds. Heard a few too but not Banty. If Banty is appointed a merry go round.
I'll go mad. Meath ran him.
Wouldn't like Gallagher although I do think he would bring a lot to the team in terms of what's missing structure, fitness etc he knows from McGuinness what it takes look at the job he did do with Derry the negativity regarding the personal issues just might not sit well in Kildare. I don't know.
Roscommon v Armagh will be interesting now this weekend. Two potential candidates for the Kildare job if either become available. McGeeney been the preferred in my opinion.
Soon as Armagh are out McGeeney should be approached if its a no its a no. Kieran Donaghy another one that should be approached maybe willing to go out on his own after years under McGeeney.

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 9:45 pm

Banty McEnaney and Rory Gallagher. Jesus just shoot me now. One has so much baggage that whichever County decides to risk it will be a pariah.
The other is a dinosaur similar to the set up we've just endured.

I don't know who would be interested but it's a decent job to get. Low expectations to start, but if you get rolling forward and people see everything moving in the right direction it won't be long until the crowds are back.

Before the management is chosen I'd rather know who is picking them. If it's the same crew as the last time we'll be in bother. Unfortunately the way it works out for a manger to be in place to at least catch the tail end of the Club Championship any new Chairman won't be involved which is a serious problem.

Ohtoohtobe, Lilywhite forever and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 9:58 pm

McGeeney to bring Sam back to Armagh.
"Job done. Now let's bring it back to Kildare"

Wink

LillieLad and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 2:12 am

McStay might be out of a job after last saturday. Just saying
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 2:15 am

Banty? Is he not like the Sam Allardyce of GAA? Didn't Meath chase that fucker? Thanks but no thanks.
Worryingly they'll be lazy and unambitious enough to appoint him.

Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 2:21 am

Big Full Back wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:
Badger85 wrote:
Almost more important than the new manager, who’ll be the new chairman? Or woman?

And who’ll be in the new board? If that isn’t gotten right, it won’t matter who we’ll get as the manager. It’ll be a sticking up plaster or a compound fracture.

Imagine any top manager coming in and answering to those gombeen men?

Imagine how much further down the road Kildare would be if the clubs had of supported Dermot Reillys bid for the top job a number of years ago. He would have had the county board running like a business. Instead were reduced to lads all over the county having to pay into a match they are playing in.... unless there's a significant move to modernise our county board well be left languishing at the bottom. Tier forever more. Biscuit tin economics don't cut it nowadays....

Dermot Reilly was a major backer of Glen Ryan so don’t get too clouded. I don’t doubt his business acumen but he backed Glen and unfortunately we know where that’s taken us.
Yes we certainly have regressed and it’s got some appeal for someone out there to bring some confidence and belief back into the county. I fear like Laois years ago we’ve slipped into living our lives through underage success without actually turning it into adult success. We won an All Ireland U-20 and yes we’ll take it and the records will always show we did but people might remember virtually the same team were beaten in an All Ireland minor semi final by Kerry or more over David Clifford and he didn’t play with Kerry U-20’s in 2018.
I personally don’t think we have the players and we need to take the sun glasses off. The Kevin Feely’s, Eoin Doyle’s and Dan Flynn’s are only getting older and the only player the last year that has potentially shown something positive is Shane Farrell. Our conversation from underage to adult isn’t working in that players aren’t coming through. Yes Darragh Kirwan is someone you could build around because there isn’t anyone else jumping off the page.

I think we’ve a long few years ahead and Tailteann Cup is a reality for the next year or two.

Anyway for manager Micko, with McGeeney and Davy as selectors and Cian as water carrier. Problems solved.
I don't think you're wrong there. Tailteann may be a dead cert for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next