Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 2:09 am

Fuck, I am nearly going against what I said the other day but I don't want Harte. I don't think he is a long-term option which is what we need. He will be without Devlin which is a massive worry too. His style of football isn't great either. Look at him with a far better Derry team, look at what he did with their goalie, it killed them.

I prefer Rochford and Buckley if available, Flanno too.

We haven't a hope in hell of getting Geezer back now.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 2:15 am

Flamingo wrote:
It really won't be an overnight fix and it might get worse depending on who is leaving or available next year. We won't stroll Div 3.

That's a reason for me not to pay Harte (and a selector from outside) big bucks. He would jump if a better call came.

I couldn't agree more with you Flamingo yet all I'm reading is that the next big name will sort Kildare football out, Glenn Ryan was useless (which I disagree with), Kieran McGeeney is suddenly a God (and he might well be).

To me, it's all about the players I looked at the team that was so unlucky to lose against Monaghan in 23 and the team that lost without a fight I might add to Laois and I counted 7 players gone, half the team, some travelling, some injured and some for whatever reason walked away. Take 7 players off any team and the quality drops quite considerably.

Ohtoohtobe likes this post

Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 3:12 am

jim wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
It really won't be an overnight fix and it might get worse depending on who is leaving or available next year. We won't stroll Div 3.

That's a reason for me not to pay Harte (and a selector from outside) big bucks. He would jump if a better call came.

I couldn't agree more with you Flamingo yet all I'm reading is that the next big name will sort Kildare football out, Glenn Ryan was useless (which I disagree with), Kieran McGeeney is suddenly a God (and he might well be).

To me, it's all about the players I looked at the team that was so unlucky to lose against Monaghan in 23 and the team that lost without a fight I might add to Laois and I counted 7 players gone, half the team, some travelling, some injured and some for whatever reason walked away. Take 7 players off any team and the quality drops quite considerably.

Not sure where you are reading that if that's "All you're reading".
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 3:13 am

jim wrote:
Flamingo wrote:

Who walked away?
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 3:51 am

RiseAgainKildare wrote:
jim wrote:
Flamingo wrote:

Who walked away?

Im talking over the last couple of years, and a few have... and it may be hor a reason that is very acceptable I'm thinking of players like Eoin Lawless, Padraig Touty and Mark Glynn. I'm not having a go at players just naming a few that were involved that had potentially and were not there this year. Walked away was probably the wrong term to use
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 4:01 am

RiseAgainKildare wrote:
jim wrote:
Flamingo wrote:

Not sure where you are reading that if that's "All you're reading".

Correct it's not all I'm reading . Lots of balanced points too.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 4:16 am

jim wrote:
RiseAgainKildare wrote:
jim wrote:
Flamingo wrote:

Who walked away?

Im talking over the last couple of years, and a few have... and it may be hor a reason that is very acceptable I'm thinking of players like Eoin Lawless, Padraig Touty and Mark Glynn. I'm not having a go at players just naming a few that were involved that had potentially and were not there this year. Walked away was probably the wrong term to use

All lads that have been given a chance. I had high hopes for Lawless but he just never got up to the level expected.

Someon said a while back that there aren't high class players hiding in the county waiting to be unearthed and he was right. The younger players need to be brought through. Strength and conditioning is important as so many of our young players have come through and not being physically able for it. We don't produce strong players. Look at the teams in the AI semi finals. Big strong players all over the field. Then look at our players this season. I mean seriously look at some of them compared to other intercounty players. There needs to be a huge huge improvement in S and C going forward. We need to start making our current crop actual athletes. Like McGeeny did when he had an average group of players and he turned them into machines.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 4:28 am

My point is if Eoin had 3 years S and C done he'd be in a much better position to just onto the team. I'm only using Eoin as an example.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 7:24 am

Whoever comes in now should be given the 3 years to get a committed panel together and get rid of a lot of the spoofers and fake it guys on the current panel….

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 7:38 am

micky murphy wrote:
Whoever comes in now should be given the 3 years to get a committed panel together and get rid of a lot of the spoofers and fake it guys on the current panel….

Agree 100% but the reality is different. If you bring in lots of new lads and you get a years and s and C and then 4 or 5 only stay the year then you've wasted a year. We need player who are willing to commit to it long term.

micky murphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 6:55 pm

jim wrote:
My point is if Eoin had 3 years S and C done he'd be in a much better position to just onto the team. I'm only using Eoin as an example.

Eoin is a good intermediate club player but that's it. Regarding the SandC. Lads need to be intercounty standard footballers first and foremost. I agree with the SandC taking time but the reality is lads need to be starting this at 16 and 17. Not 21 or 22.

jim likes this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2024 7:39 pm

I think Eoin had all the physical attributes to make an inter county player. Great pace, very skillful, needed to get stronger alright but for whatever reason he couldn't commit.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 2:57 am

Understand the comments on S&C and timing but look we need guys ready for Div 3 and look at how quick Jim McGuiness was able to turn around the few of the guys that were not involved for last few years... but that takes total dedication from the relevant players.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 3:52 am

It's Brian Flanagan from what I'm hearing .

Flamingo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 4:20 am

FionnMcCool wrote:

To be honest with back and forth over some of the other choices I always say he and the team can grow from a lower base.

If he gets an older head and uses his organisational skills he can be the man to bring us up again. I just hope he gets real backing.

Back to top Go down
Leead64
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 4:41 am

jim wrote:
I think Eoin had all the physical attributes to make an inter county player. Great pace, very skillful, needed to get stronger alright but for whatever reason he couldn't commit.

I'm sure there are others in the same boat

Regarding him I think if he really wanted to get stronger, he could of went down that route individually, alot of Strength and Conditioning is accessible from other resources, particularly if he wanted to prove a point.

I personally think he just got browned off with being on the panel not being allowed to play club games while not really playing for the county, which is clearly understandable frustration. I think he was the same boat as other fringe players, who just had enough of it. To be honest that's on the management.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 4:58 am

It's obviously Flanagan. The fans would be crying and bawling if we don't hire one of our "All Ireland Winning Managers" again rather than spreading the net and seeing who the very best we can get would be. There are probably people not even applying because they know it's going to Flanagan. A man with zero senior managerial intercounty experience. The main appointments are going to be who is in charge of strength and conditioning and who the senior coach is going to be.

shunta15 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 7:13 am

It's definitely Brian at this stage. And the very best of luck to him. Regarding your dig of "zero senior county managerial experience". How much did the Geezer have when he took us over? Brian F has much more experience than he did in terms of management when he took over. It is 100 percent the correct appointment based on where we are and also I suspect the money available. I'd love to see Galway wining on Sunday and perhaps Cian feeling his work there is done. He'd be the one to try and get onboard. But after the way he was hounded out of here, one of our own, he probably wouldn't touch the thing.

Ohtoohtobe, White Bridge, bite the pillow and Badger85 like this post

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 7:48 am

Worth noting that there's absolutely no consensus here as to who the next manager should be, yet the CB are expected to get the right one and no room for error.
If they don't, then the other 75% of us here who didn't think they were the right one will castigate them for their obvious ineptitude.

Maybe it will be obvious to the selection committee who is the strongest candidate, either before or after the interview process, but it won't be obvious to us plebs here, and, given that there's four or five names bring touted here, most of us will disagree with the decision.

Cilldara_2000, Ohtoohtobe, Ontheterrace and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:24 am

FionnMcCool wrote:

our Luis de la Fuente. bring on some of the U20s that may have otherwise fallen away.

we need a strong personality with understanding of modern game, having played it himself. a man who the players will want to play for. he ticks a lot of boxes in fairness.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 8:32 am

Shane Farrell should be our next captain
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:12 am

lily92 wrote:
That sums up this forum

gunnerman likes this post

Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 10:13 am

lily92 wrote:
That sums up this forum

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 7:57 pm

Without doubt,” McGeeney says. “You give me a bad coach but a player with a brilliant attitude, you’ll still get a great result. Give me a brilliant coach and player with a bad attitude, you will still get a bad result."

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/i-wish-i-was-fking-25-kieran-mcgeeney-on-missing-playing-and-preparing-for-an-all-ireland-final/a1483205132.html

Interesting view on the players attitude and coach.
I wish Brian Flanagan the best of luck if it is him.

jim and lilysavage like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2024 9:01 pm

Maybe the last teacher wasn't as bad as some people would have you believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 15 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next