Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Go all out - Big Sam for Kildare.......
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 6:14 pm

Tony McEntee anyone? Doing great work in Sligo and bringing through a lot of underage too

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 7:12 pm

I'll say it again Donaughy and Flanno ,

KILL BILL, Thelillywhites and donnellyshollow like this post

Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2024 9:14 pm

lily92 wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
seamymurphy wrote:
You can bring in who you like.. it won't make any difference.. that team bar 5 or 6 are not up to it.. I can tell you Davy Burke has a lot more to work with in Roscommon than he has here.
I thought Glen could do something with what we had tbh.. but anyone who thinks that any manager can do better is delusional..
And even more so if they think mcgeeney or anyone else is coming here for anything other than a few quid. That current Team are Division 3 and no manager will make them into a Division  1 Team.

That's a load of bollocks anyway. The same players beat Roscommon last year and lost to Dublin by 3 points. The closest we got in years, glen lost the dressing room end of story. Get Davy in !

And, lost to Monaghan by a point.
Looks like he actually did a decent job with a poor crop.

Yes Glenn did a decent job last year and deserved another year but that is all overshadowed by not winning a single game in division 2.  Burke wants the job and deserves a go at it.

News to me regarding Burke.
Has he come out recently saying he wanted the job?
No he didn't. @Newornowhere has it wrong as usual.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 12:18 pm

We are a bit like the FAI and Irish Fans. We think we can have our pick of quality managers when our own eyes can see that place is a mess. And managers and GAA people KNOW this.

Christ if we went near Banty or Gallagher then I'd 100% give up on them.

Will McStay be on the move from Mayo? It's not an excluive club to be an unlucky Mayo manager and he didn't have all the talent of others.

And he does have Provincial titles with the Rossies and All-Ireland club title too.

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 12:19 pm

Id love Rockford, not a hope he will come though. I reckon McStay will be in Mayo for another year.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 1:34 pm

Look to be fair Brian Flanagan would be good. I just don't think. It will create that buzz for the want of a better word that is needed to ignite the whole thing again.
Kildare need a Mc Geeney, Donaghey, Oisin Mc Conville, Burke, type with Brian Flanagan as no.2
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Hard to ignore the fact that we're a div 3 team who couldn't make the last 4 of the Tailteann Cup. What is the the hook to catch one of the many top managers mentioned above? And why do people assume Flanagan is interested in being a no. 2?

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 5:05 pm

current squad incapable of getting us back to Div 2.
overhaul needed, which most likely precludes promotion
staying in Div 3 next year will be the goal.
Christ.

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 11:23 am

Haven’t really been engaging in speculation but a poll in the last few minutes on Twitter by Really Unofficial has me very anxious… SURELY we are better as a county -as people- than to welcome, or even entertain Rory Gallagher as a candidate!?

Ohtoohtobe, KILL BILL, Gaa1928, cuttothebone, donnellyshollow and Nuxerfromthe50 like this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:01 pm

If Gallagher arrives that'll be me done with Kildare until either he or I depart.

Ohtoohtobe, KILL BILL, Flamingo, Gaa1928, Badger85, cuttothebone, SplitThePosts and like this post

Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:06 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
If Gallagher arrives that'll be me done with Kildare until either he or I depart.
Seconded. People talk about backlash or baggage as if they’re only worried about what other counties think, but I’m straight up done as a supporter while he and the committee that appoint him may be there.

I buy my brother tickets to games, that will end. I buy jerseys, no more. I pay GAAGO for all the games, that ends.

For the people who are possibly justifying his candidacy somehow, let me ask you this; would you still have Cathal Crotty serve in the defence forces? Even if he was the best soldier in Ireland?

Ohtoohtobe, Badger85 and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:11 pm

I can understand why ppl are against Gallagher because of the social media rumour mill at the time but why was he not convicted and why has he full custody of their children? crotty is a scumbag that was convicted.
Back to top Go down
SplitThePosts
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:13 pm

Crotty point blank denied his accusation until he was shown CCTV. Gallagher’s accusations come from behind closed doors.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:21 pm

By an Alcoholic wife that was apparently out of control. She was in court this week charged with drunk driving and assaulting a policeman. People close to Gallagher have said that it was a toxic relationship but the accusations are mostly faulse. The police seemed to agree.

Lilywhite forever likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 12:36 pm

Yep I ran a poll including four lads from the north that have been mentioned. Excluding McGeeney because he would probably sweep it. I could only out in four choices but I'll do a poll on the others later too. I think it's interesting to see where people are at that may not like to comment publically. Poll is open for another 22 hours but after 431 votes on Malachy O'Rourke, Oisinn McConville, Rory Gallagher or Banty the results so far are:

Malachy O'Rourke
31.8%
Oisin McConville
27.6%
Rory Gallagher
36.2%
Banty
4.4%
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 2:11 pm

Personally i would have no problems with Rory Gallagher i have spoke to people close to the situation and i am hearing the same as 'riseagainkildare' and the police have investigated and he has no charges and he has custody of kids etc. and i wholly trust the people that I have spoke to and seems a lot of people form judgements on false information and rumours.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 2:49 pm

SplitThePosts wrote:
Ontheterrace wrote:
Seconded. People talk about backlash or baggage as if they’re only worried about what other counties think, but I’m straight up done as a supporter while he and the committee that appoint him may be there.

I buy my brother tickets to games, that will end. I buy jerseys, no more. I pay GAAGO for all the games, that ends.

For the people who are possibly justifying his candidacy somehow, let me ask you this; would you still have Cathal Crotty serve in the defence forces? Even if he was the best soldier in Ireland?

Absolutely agree with you. I won't put another hard earned penny into Kildare GAA if that man is put in charge. I have spoken to a couple of ex Fermanagh players and Earne players I know through work and they have told me what they witnessed first hand. Too many people coo-berating what was published for it not to have truth.

We simply don't need to be the county who takes on that mess. I don't believe that he is anywhere near being in contention thank god. It's simply that we have a vacancy and the rumour mill going into overdrive. If Meath get rid of O'Rourke I'm sure Gallagher will be in contention there too.

We have two perfectly able lads within Kildare. 2 lads who have won all irelands. It's a real Kildare thing and Kildare mindset that we would look beyond them.

Ohtoohtobe and SplitThePosts like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Rory Gallagher brings baggage we don’t need. There’s two sides to every story and all people are doing here is speculating. Nobody knows.

The safest route would be to steer well clear. We don’t need the media circus near us. We’re enough of a joke already.

As said above, if he gets it, I’m out. Done with them. And I won’t be back. Imagine the message that sends out to people, particularly female supporters, or parents? We don’t need those issues.

For what it’s worth, I think O’Rourke will get the Tyrone job, when it comes up. I think the McGeeney era was amazing. But it’s done. The current crop aren’t a patch on what he had to work with. Coming back would damage his legacy here.

The more I think of it from an outside manager point of view, McEntee in Sligo is a decent shout. He’s improved them no end, he’s a hardy bastard also.

Ohtoohtobe, OutTheGap, SplitThePosts and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 2:56 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Rory Gallagher brings baggage we don’t need. There’s two sides to every story and all people are doing here is speculating. Nobody knows.

The safest route would be to steer well clear. We don’t need the media circus near us. We’re enough of a joke already.

As said above, if he gets it, I’m out. Done with them. And I won’t be back. Imagine the message that sends out to people, particularly female supporters, or parents? We don’t need those issues.

For what it’s worth, I think O’Rourke will get the Tyrone job, when it comes up. I think the McGeeney era was amazing. But it’s done. The current crop aren’t a patch on what he had to work with. Coming back would damage his legacy here.

The more I think of it from an outside manager point of view, McEntee in Sligo is a decent shout. He’s improved them no end, he’s a hardy bastard also.

McEntee is probably within our range too. Top tier managers at the moment are not.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 2:59 pm

MickosMen wrote:
SplitThePosts wrote:
Ontheterrace wrote:

Absolutely agree with you. I won't put another hard earned penny into Kildare GAA if that man is put in charge. I have spoken to a couple of ex Fermanagh players and Earne players I know through work and they have told me what they witnessed first hand. Too many people coo-berating what was published for it not to have truth.

We simply don't need to be the county who takes on that mess. I don't believe that he is anywhere near being in contention thank god. It's simply that we have a vacancy and the rumour mill going into overdrive. If Meath get rid of O'Rourke I'm sure Gallagher will be in contention there too.

We have two perfectly able lads within Kildare. 2 lads who have won all irelands. It's a real Kildare thing and Kildare mindset that we would look beyond them.

Burke has intercounty experience. Flanagan has not. Burke will not come to Kildare at this time. Not a hope when the current county board are in there either. Flanagan needs to be involved with whoever comes in but he can't do it on his own because he won an underage All Ireland. There simply has to be an experienced man taking over with Flanagan there beside him.

Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 3:37 pm

1,010 votes in:

Malachy O'Rourke
32%
Oisin McConville
26.8%
Rory Gallagher
34.5%
Banty
6.7%

I'm currently running another one that involves, Flanagan, Burke, Carew and Cribbin. A Kildare four. Flanagan and Burke will get most of the votes but it will still be interesting to see where the votes go.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 3:38 pm

Donaghy is being mentioned who Flanno can say he has more with the U20s.
We are always looking for the name on here, but Ger Brennan is still to me not great but he has the lads on the sideline with him that are clearly pushing it on as well.

Flanno with an older head would work.

I don't want to get into the RG thing but two things can be true. The woman can have massive drink issues and that leads to incidents BUT that doesn't mean there is nothing to see here when it comes to what she said.

If we wanted to dig ourselves into a bigger hole then he's the ideal man for the job and he can bring slumlord Banty in too.

Even if we got a massive name the fact is that we are in Div 3 and Tailteann. We need to get out of there before we can talk of brining a buzz back.

It's a harder to sell but if we get our shit together the more hardcore will be back and then bit by bit it gets back to Div 2 and a solid few years to actually build on.

Cilldara_2000 and Ohtoohtobe like this post

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 6:10 pm

Badger85 wrote:

100 per cent agree and I’m also completely out if it happens.
I’m amazed that any reasonable person would even consider him for the role.

OutTheGap, Badger85, SplitThePosts and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2024 7:13 pm

The poll is not a true reflection though of what the majority of people think, when there is two candidates been left out on purpose . (McGeeney Donaghy) hardly a fair, true and accurate poll then.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next