Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 3:37 am

Will Richard Commins show us that list of clubs who f**ked McGeeney out again.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 3:44 am

If I wasn't already frustrated with Kildare football well I am totally deflated now. Imagine if we have McGeeney a few years back with M McCormack, Neil Flynn, Dan Flynn, Feeley. I think we would be competing in Division 1, instead we are Division 3 but look like a Division 4 team. I would love to be able to change teams.

LillieLad likes this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 3:54 am

Fair play to St laurences with 2 clubs. Funny haven't seen the hurling club feature lately.

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:13 am

Well done to Armagh and especially Geezer.

That man now joins an elite club of men who both captained and managed their respective counties to senior All-Ireland titles (Kevin Heffernan, Tony Hanahoe, Billy Morgan, Páidí Ó Sé, Brian Dooher)

I couldn't be happier for him. He is a man of principal and loyalty to his players and that was richly repaid to him today.

Again well done to the clubs of Armagh who stuck by him last winter when it would have been easy to bend to the the pressure to drop McGeeney.

And to Mick Gorman and his ilk who have brought Kildare football into the gutter, look at those scenes in Croke Park and let it sink in what the reward is for courage, vision, ambition and above all loyalty and faithfulness.

Rex, KILL BILL, Thelillywhites, Clubman, DannyBoy and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:21 am

Get a grip you idiotic clowns. McGeeney was going to win fuck all with Kildare. Think about it. When he left the great Dublin team under Jim Gavin was just about to start their 6 in a row. And Mayo the second best team without argument during that time were the only team bar Kerry to push them all the way. Is this a children's forum?

Cilldara_2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:30 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Get a grip you idiotic clowns. McGeeney was going to win fuck all with Kildare. Think about it. When he left the great Dublin team under Jim Gavin was just about to start their 6 in a row. And Mayo the second best team without argument during that time were the only team bar Kerry to push them all the way. Is this a children's forum?
We would be in a far better place if McGeeney was kept on. I can nearly guarantee that. The current chairman who was one of the people that voted Geezer out watched over the shambles this year. It’s mad the year Geezer got voted out we stayed in division 1 beating the likes of Kerry and Mayo in Newbridge. Got bet well by Dublin admittedly but then put it up to Tyrone while building a new team. He won a Leinster with the 21s too.

Liffey Likes, Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:31 am

Clubman wrote:
Fair play to St laurences with 2 clubs. Funny haven't seen the hurling club feature lately.  

St. Laurence's got rid of McGeeney
It should never ever be forgotten. St. Laurence's had a meeting where they decided en masse that they wanted Geezer out. The fact the had an extra vote with their "Hurling Club" is all down to the delegates they had on the County Board pushing for that. When you list out the clubs that voted McG out remember St. Laurence's got themselves 4 votes for that shambles. I hate everything about that club since then and they shouldn't have a representative near an executive for the next two decades after the chairman is gone at the end of the year.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:32 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:

Must be a Larries man.
Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:33 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:

Might we have delayed them a year or 2 ?? Maybe you are the clown. Players walking into a dressing room in pre season for Jason ryan instead of mc geeney. Is that drop even measureable ??

KILL BILL, Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:45 am

Delighted for Mcgeeney, well deserved after the efforts he has put in down the years. Think the bit of luck that deserted him in his career came his way today with the Galway forwards and particularly Walsh misfiring.
Maybe time for us to accept our mistake years ago and now focus on Improving ourselves, starting with a new manager.

Liffey Likes and Clubman like this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 4:52 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:

G'wan out that Mick, you'd be better off spending your time planning to leave your position without ballsing anything else up. Touch of the Grim reaper.

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:05 am

The longer they take in picking a manager, the worse the toxicity will get.

In the vacuum of no news, rumours will fill the space and people will relive arguments 10 years old.

If it takes any longer we’ll start to look like the FAI. No back up plan and poor decision makers in decision making positions. Nothing new there though.

DannyBoy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:13 am

So what exactly would have happened if he stayed? A team in transition. The Armagh gig available within a year or 2 of his kildare departure. No All Ireland, no Leinster if he stayed. Simple as.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:15 am

Kildare's best years of recent times came with Kerry managers (Micko and Jack O'C) and Armagh Manager and coaches (McGreney, Paul Grimley & Aidan O'Rourke). From everything being talked about Donaghy, especially his infectious personality, I would love to see him being brought on board in some capacity.

KILL BILL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:15 am

Rex wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

G'wan out that Mick, you'd be better off spending your time planning to leave your position without ballsing anything else up. Touch of the Grim reaper.
Grow up Rex. Yourself and that really unofficial lad are continously beating the McGeeney drum.
Back to top Go down
RiseAgainKildare
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:20 am

Also, Moorefield shuld never be forgiven for abstaining on the vote that night. One of the biggest decisions in Kildare for years and one of the biggest clubs in the county bottled it and decided to step away. The same goes for Sallins. Pat Dunney (Bord na nOg), Tommy O’Rourke (Referees), Cumann na mBunscol, Ros Glas, Cappagh and Kill Hurling didn't even bother to turn up.
The quotes from players at the time says it all too and I hope they are happy men tonight watching Geezer lift that cup.
“A black day for Kildare. I’ve never felt so empty” - Johnny Doyle
“I’ve never been ashamed in my life to be a Kildare footballer, until tonight” - Leper (captain at the time)
“A disgraceful way to treat a man who put so much heart and effort into Kildare football” - Emmet Bolton

KILL BILL, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and DannyBoy like this post

Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:21 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
So what exactly would have happened if he stayed? A team in transition. The Armagh gig available within a year or 2 of his kildare departure. No All Ireland, no Leinster if he stayed. Simple as.

How do you know that? The man was completely committed and he stayed on in Armagh for lean years too. Tomas O'Se among other saying that no way would Armagh have won without McGerney.
You are swimming against the tide with your argument. It appeared a stupid decision at the time and the test of time has proven it to be a terrible decision that set us back years.

Last edited by Liffey Likes on Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Clubman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:21 am

LillieLad wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
We would be in a far better place if McGeeney was kept on. I can nearly guarantee that. The current chairman who was one of the people that voted Geezer out watched over the shambles this year. It’s mad the year Geezer got voted out we stayed in division 1 beating the likes of Kerry and Mayo in Newbridge. Got bet well by Dublin admittedly but then put it up to Tyrone while building a new team. He won a Leinster with the 21s too.
"Can nearly"? 😂😂😂
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:29 am

RiseAgainKildare wrote:
Also, Moorefield shuld never be forgiven for abstaining on the vote that night. One of the biggest decisions in Kildare for years and one of the biggest clubs in the county bottled it and decided to step away. The same goes for Sallins. Pat Dunney (Bord na nOg), Tommy O’Rourke (Referees), Cumann na mBunscol, Ros Glas, Cappagh and Kill Hurling didn't even bother to turn up.
The quotes from players at the time says it all too and I hope they are happy men tonight watching Geezer lift that cup.
“I’ve never been ashamed in my life to be a Kildare footballer, until tonight” - Leper (captain at the time)
“A disgraceful way to treat a man who put so much heart and effort into Kildare football” - Emmet Bolton

Even worse than clubs abstaining were the clubs who voted against their own players. All Kildare players were adamant that Geezer should stay on and in some cases their own clubs ignored them and voted no. Shame on them.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:30 am

Liffey Likes wrote:
Kildare's best years of recent times came with Kerry managers (Micko and Jack O'C) and Armagh Manager and coaches (McGreney, Paul Grimley & Aidan O'Rourke). From everything being talked about Donaghy, especially his infectious personality, I would love to see him being brought on board in some capacity.

It's quite obvious and evident to see that we haven't the capabilities within Kildare to better ourselves.
For me it's down to our mentality.  
Just take a look at the shambolic way Gorman handled Glen Ryan and the media this year.

Administratively we're a shambles. At every single turn we make a show of ourselves.  Bailouts, Conleth's park, County Board meetings and ploughman. Embarrassing.

On the field, our own lads in Crofton, Nolan, Glen Ryan and his merry men were all jokers. Each setting us back further and further saving the best for last in Glen in 2024.

Many other counties would self evaluate in an attempt to figure out where it went wrong and where they can improve to make sure it doesn't happen again.

We allow the orchestrator of it all to take control.

We are a complete and utter joke of a county. Ran by jokers. Surrounded by jokers.

We deserve everything we get .

Last edited by FionnMcCool on Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:31 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Rex wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

Grow up Rex. Yourself and that really unofficial lad are continously beating the McGeeney drum.

Seeing as I'm mentioned in this I might as well address that drum that I beat.

I obviously don't think Geezer would still be managing Kildare today but at the time he had players coming through that he managed at U21 and he had already started to prepare them for senior with their conditioning and mentality. The squad he had at the time were in their prime. I believe he should have been allowed stay another two or three years and finish what he started. That didn't necessarly mean win an All Ireland but we would have been in a much better place as a county with his fingerprints on the setup for years after he left.
If you mean that I recently said I would take him back then yes, obviously I would take him back in a heartbeat as would most people in Kildare. Especially now. If there is any other drum that you want addressed then let me know.
~ That Really Unofficial Lad

KILL BILL, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:34 am

Liffey Likes wrote:
RiseAgainKildare wrote:

Even worse than clubs abstaining were the clubs who voted against their own players. All Kildare players were adamant that Geezer should stay on and in some cases their own clubs ignored them and voted no. Shame on them.

And still the Moorefield influence have gormans ear.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:39 am

Clubman wrote:
Liffey Likes wrote:
RiseAgainKildare wrote:

And still the Moorefield influence have gormans ear.

Gorman is a complete and utter clown. Isn't much more to say about him..

He has single handedly set Kildare back a decade.

That's his legacy.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:42 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Rex wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:

Ha ha, get back to work Mick
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2024 5:45 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
"Can nearly"? 😂😂😂
Dont ever remember us being in division 3 under Geezer or being one of the worst teams in Leinster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next