Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 7:28 pm

There is one name on that list above, that if they were to get it, I'd no longer be a kildare supporter.

A self serving, pretentious prick that should be let no where near the job. It would be a disastrous appointment.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 7:50 pm

I may have misread the levels of optimism...🤣
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 9:11 pm

FionnMcCool, wonder what it would take to keep you happy, if they pick a manager you don't like or Chairman you don't like or a lot of things seems that you will not longer be a supporter.... along with the abusive wording of your posts I wonder would you would be a loss to Kildare GAA.....

lomond, jim, Gaa1928 and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2024 9:34 pm

It really says everything that the list of candidates is so rigid. There is a reason why more people don't go for it.

I don't think Syl is really an option. A bit like going back in time. We need to be moving forward. But the list wouldn't inspire you. Best of luck whoever gets it though. Literally if it rains in hawkfield this Saturday some will find a way to blame the CB.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 12:30 am

Syl Merrins out of that list, would be the best going forward.
He was the one that had the foresight to appoint McGeeney years ago forward thinking in that way.
Hopefully he gets it.

Southern Gael and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 12:49 am

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 6:48 am

micky murphy wrote:
FionnMcCool, wonder what it would take to keep you happy, if they pick a manager you don't like or Chairman you don't like or a lot of things seems that you will not longer be a supporter.... along with the abusive wording of your posts I wonder would you would be a loss to Kildare GAA.....

The truth is sometimes not palatable micky.

Some people prefer to live in a world or rainbows and puppies. Exactly why Kildare are where they are.

I call it as I see it. If you don't like ot you can fuck off to be honest. Some of the shite you come out with on here makes me think you frequent the monthly meetings too.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 7:16 am

Interesting to see Aidan O Rourke in as part of management team potentially . He was an excellent addition under McGeeney. Tommy seems to suggest an ex Kildare footballer too, you would have to think that is Emmet Bolton?
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 7:21 am

MD wrote:
Interesting to see Aidan O Rourke in as part of management team potentially . He was an excellent addition under McGeeney. Tommy seems to suggest an ex Kildare footballer too, you would have to think that is Emmet Bolton?

Bolton and or Callaghan I would imagine.

Callaghan along with Carew were well got by everyone in Carlow
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 8:23 am

Thin Blue Line wrote:
Would be great if someone like Tom Cribbin allowed his name to go forward to be the new charman. Is a proven succesfull business man, has been part of managment set ups.
Conleths has now been delivered, and there is a huge opportunity to bring a new opptimisim to Kildare, we need someone that will back the new managment team, put structures in place for underage elite development and get people with an interest in Kildare football and hurling to back that financially.

This is the best post I've seen on here! Tom Cribbin has the experience, chairman of Clane through good and bad, intercounty management experience, financial/business head, been involved in kildare gaa since 1980s.. would be a top choice circa Duigan of Offaly

OutTheGap, micky murphy, FionnMcCool, Clubman and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 8:40 pm

FionnMcCool wrote:
micky murphy wrote:

The truth is sometimes not palatable micky.

Some people prefer to live in a world or rainbows and puppies. Exactly why Kildare are where they are.

I call it as I see it. If you don't like ot you can fuck off to be honest. Some of the shite you come out with on here makes me think you frequent the monthly meetings too.

Good man Fionn!!!! Your very smart. Thanks for the kind words.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2024 10:20 pm

Careful Micky.

He's the Guardian of Standards round here.

He has his drum and he's not afraid to bang it.

micky murphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 5:26 am

I'm hearing new manager to be announced tonight
Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 5:40 am

Looks like flanno and galvin
Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 5:49 am

Sorry flanno and aidan o rourke
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 5:49 am

Brian Flanagan
Aidan O'Rourke
Damien Hendy
Daryl Flynn

Flamingo and lilysavage like this post

Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 5:55 am

That backroom team doesn't excite me tbh with Hendy and Flynn. Have they coached anyone?

S+C a massive appointment...
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:03 am

Best of luck to Brian Flanagan. Interesting to see a 4 year term given.

Flamingo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:12 am

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
Brian Flanagan
Aidan O'Rourke
Damien Hendy
Daryl Flynn

Best of luck to them. Hopefully they get a fair crack at it and the county get behind them.
Back to top Go down
Kildare144
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:13 am

ClaneLillywhite wrote:
That backroom team doesn't excite me tbh with Hendy and Flynn. Have they coached anyone?

Hendy highly regarded coach, was previously a Kildare selector and managed his home club Castledermot to the intermediate championship.

Neil Welch S&C coach I believe.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:21 am

No point in picking holes in new management team give them support from day one

Clubman and lily92 like this post

Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:29 am

What's the reason for Flynn's inclusion? Wouldn't have picked him out as a likely candidate from his playing days. But then again I wouldn't have picked out Flanagan either!
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:36 am

ClaneLillywhite wrote:

Has Hendy coached?? Geezer brought Damien onto his Kildare backroom team as a coach. Most recently he has been coaching Kildare minors for two years. Highly regarded in Gaa circles.

ClaneLillywhite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:38 am

Not sure about this appointment given the attractiveness of the job, it’s a management team with zero senior credentials. Glenn Ryan had a more impressive CV than any of them when appointed.

I hope I’m wrong but given some of the rumours of potential candidates it doesn’t get me overly excited.
Back to top Go down
Kildare144
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:40 am

Impressed that Aidan O’Rourke is included, was right hand man to geezer in Kildare for awhile and Armagh. Head of GAA in Queens university and just led Armagh minors to an All Ireland final. Took over Donegal last year when Paddy Carr left.

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 24 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next