Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Next Management

Go down 
+68
jimmers
PaddyMartinKildare
StayDownOnIt
lilysavage
Kildare144
Thin Blue Line
OutSideOfTheBoot
MD
flourman
Onechance
bite the pillow
TheBigDog#
Morrissey
FlourBag_1
DannyBoy
Leead64
jim
KILL BILL
Fizzer
cuttothebone
Countyminor -84
bloodsub
Columbo
Cilldara_2000
Ned
Kildarelilly
lomond
if_in_doubt
TheGreatof1928
TommyKeegan
Kildare-Tom
Southern Gael
Liffey Likes
Highball
MickosMen
really_unofficial_kildare
RiseAgainKildare
Ontheterrace
SplitThePosts
ClaneLillywhite
Rex
LillieLad
rgb
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Big Full Back
Botch
The flour bags
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
newornowhere
Thelillywhites
lily92
BearintheSquare
moatesports
Badger85
murof
Ohtoohtobe
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
shunta15
Clubman
Menolam
Blackadder
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
Gaa1928
micky murphy
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Intercounty
Intercounty

Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:41 am

Kildare144 wrote:
ClaneLillywhite wrote:
That backroom team doesn't excite me tbh with Hendy and Flynn. Have they coached anyone?

S+C a massive appointment...

Hendy highly regarded coach, was previously a Kildare selector and managed his home club Castledermot to the intermediate championship.

Neil Welch S&C coach I believe.

Was Neil S&C under Cian O'Neill?
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:41 am

Very underwhelming. I have serious concerns about that backroom team. It all has the look of something cobbled together. I hope  I'm wrong but we could be battling to avoid relegation next year let alone aspiring to get to division 2

Last edited by Southern Gael on Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:49 am

Give the lads a chance now and back them from the start there shud be no negatively and most of all the people who gave up going to matches get back and give them ur full support

Clubman, really_unofficial_kildare and The rising sun like this post

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:58 am

Jesus lads why are we feeling underwhelmed? Based on what? Having the so called “All star line up” brought no success and now we have someone like O Rourke who won an All Ireland, has managed at a higher level than us and is head of GAA in a top university. Hendy and Flynn will be interesting and different. If there is anything we learnt, we shouldn’t be basing anyone off their name. Let’s see what they can do. This forum is just in a permanent state of misery! Let the management team have a chance first!

Highball, Cilldara_2000, Moorefieldbhoy, lilywhites on tour, lilysavage, Gaa1928, FlourBag_1 and like this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 7:03 am

So we are basing bits on rumours but who was mentioned...Galvin and M Murphy who are nowhere near O'Rourke's level.
You always need local input too and the lads are not names but that didn't count for shite last time.

It's 4 years and it won't be easy but we can either moan or get behind a Kildare man.

OutTheGap and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 7:06 am

I like the look of that backroom team.
Delighted Aidan O' Rourke on board.
Everyone involved has some form of a connection to McGeeney Laughing
Happy enough with that so lads.
Best of luck to Brian and all involved.

Flamingo, OutTheGap and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 7:23 am

Kildare144 wrote:
ClaneLillywhite wrote:
That backroom team doesn't excite me tbh with Hendy and Flynn. Have they coached anyone?

S+C a massive appointment...

Hendy highly regarded coach, was previously a Kildare selector and managed his home club Castledermot to the intermediate championship.

Neil Welch S&C coach I believe.

Not filling me with any hope with that background tbh

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 7:33 am

Literally any decision ever made by anyone in any connection with Kildare GAA will have people on here moaning.

I am happy with the appointments and wish them all the best of luck.

Moorefieldbhoy, lilywhites on tour, OutTheGap, moatesports and Clubman like this post

Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 7:37 am

I don't want to fall out with anyone here. We all genuinely only want the very best for our county. I'm sorry if my post was negative, no one will be more pleased than me to be proved wrong. I was wrong about the last management and for all the wrong reasons, I hope to be proved wrong about this management for all the right ones. My concerns are as I set out.
Anyway I'll be there to support them
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:00 am

MD wrote:
Jesus lads why are we feeling underwhelmed? Based on what? Having the so called “All star line up” brought no success and now we have someone like O Rourke who won an All Ireland, has managed at a higher level than us and is head of GAA in a top university. Hendy and Flynn will be interesting and different. If there is anything we learnt, we shouldn’t be basing anyone off their name. Let’s see what they can do. This forum is just in a permanent state of misery! Let the management team have a chance first!

All star players maybe, anyone calling that an All-Star management team were away with the fairies. It’s ok to have reservations about this management team,!I doubt anyone means it personally we all want them to do well.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:13 am

I have to say I am very impressed with bringing O Rourke in. He’s a proven coach at a high level. He surely will be able to do something about our defence which is a positive. I loved Daryl Flynn as a player but genuinely could not tell you a whole pile about him as a coach but that’s not to say he won’t be any good.

micky murphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:14 am

Flanagan has reached back to back u20 All Irelands, winning one. Back to back u20 Leinsters titles.
Won Senior with Summerhill in Meath in his first year.

O Rourke's CV speaks for itself.

Hendy was brought in by McGeeney in 2013 to be apart of his mamsgememt team. I very much trust McGeeneys intuition on that call. He's been involved with various underage Kildare teams and managed Castledermot also.

Daryl Flynn is certainly a bit left of field. But again who knows what his role may be.

The only concern is all 4 are defenders or in Flynns case a defensive midfielder. One thing we do need to do is shore up the defense. We do need an attacking coach to come into the mix and maybe that will come at a later date .

A 4 year term is also a bit of a head scratcher. Maybe someone knows the thought process behind it.

Roll on the O Byrne Cup in Jan in the new Conleths.

Also. Can we just allow people express their opinion.
It not being the same as yours doesn't mean it's negative, wrong or right. It's just an opinion.

We're never going to agree on everything. Most don't agree with anything I say. But I couldn't give a fuck.
It's a forum to express opinions.

Flamingo, micky murphy, lilysavage, moatesports, Twentyeight, Clubman, Southern Gael and like this post

Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:21 am

Best of luck to Brian, Aidan , Daryl and Damien. All have contributed to Kildare and would be very highly regarded by those that were involved with them over the years. Would have liked to see Downes involved as seems to have been a big part in Naas’s success over the last few years. Looking forward to seeing the panel they get together and let’s see who performs over the next few months in the club championship

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:31 am

At least they are in place and will be ready to watch club games starting now.

Getting up from Div 3 is where we are at.

lilysavage and lily92 like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:36 am

MD wrote:

People expecting BIG NAMES.
Not always the answer as we've seen.
Names are made, don't forget.
Long term project getting Kildare back up there. BF probably pushed for 5 years and got 4.
Fair play to him and best of luck, let's get behind them now.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:44 am

KILL BILL and OutSideOfTheBoot like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:45 am

The S&C position is almost more important than the announced roles. Doesn’t matter how good a group of footballers we have or might have, if they’re huffing and puffing after 25 minutes and crawling after 60.

I believe if Flanno’s previous teams are anything to go by, plus the fact that he’s a creation of McGeeney, he’ll look to rectify that.

And that work needs to start asap. There’s no time to waste. There’s a core group of players that’ll be back again next year. They need to start their training now, through the club championships. We’re years behind. Every day wasted is a day further behind.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:49 am

Delighted about the news that Flanagan is to be given a 4 year term? Is it him that has picked his backroom team?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:58 am

Congratulations to Brian and his management team. Fully deserved. Hopefully there are a group of U20s and others who stepped away officially or quietly getting interested in the senior jersey again

One note of caution which has been mentioned numerous times is the S&C coach. Fundamentally the most important position to fill after the manager. I await that decision with interest.

Best of luck to all involved.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:44 pm

I know the club action is only getting going but the core will need plans in place for the winter.
It is Div 3 so if we get fitness levels up that counts for a lot.

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:47 pm

Good luck to them.. all good people.... clean slate... fresh start... hope they bring that... will have a few decisions to make on personnel fairly quickly hopefully the 4 years will give them the comfort to build a new team from a younger base which is the right thing to do....

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 6:52 pm

Did someone say Neil Welch is S&C coach? Big name in Santry clinic and seems well renowned.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 8:07 pm

Brian Flanagan is the right appointment. Very few can argue with that. We treated our last All Ireland winning manager poorly and have rectified it.

Aidan O Rourke an outstanding candidate as a number 2 to be honest. Delighted with that and he will be a massive prescence.

Hendy is well regarded too and like others im not sure about Daryll but we dont know his role.

Overall im happy with the set up and wish them luck so we can move forward with a bit of optimism into 25... Best of luck

lilysavage and moatesports like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 9:31 pm

Probably a little off topic and only a bit of crack but what is your championship team for 2025. If everyone was available. It would be interesting to get people's selections.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2024 9:49 pm

jim wrote:
Probably a little off topic and only a bit of crack but what is your championship team for 2025. If everyone was available.  It would be interesting to get people's selections.

For the craic:
A O’Neill
H O’Neill, Dempsey, Maguire
McGrath, D Hyland, Burke
Masterson, Farrell
McDermott, McCormack, Dalton
J Hyland, Kirwan, Beirne

In reality though I want the team picked on form and a strong panel built. There’s at least 40 lads good enough to play for Kildare when they’re at their best. I want the jerseys to go to who wants it the most.

No better man than Flanno to build this and I’m fully behind him for four years and willing to be patient through some bad results. We need stability so we can knuckle down to the long hard road of gradually improving

jim likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Next Management   Suggestions for Next Management - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Next Management
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next