Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown

Go down 
+22
White Bridge
lastline
Ohtoohtobe
sean boylan
Bān go Lēir
Fear An Geata
walsheman
town man
bbman
Big Full Back
Taibi
ElGuerrouj
mrblobby
TheFrenchCannotBeTrusted
ChopperDalton
rgb
homerj
Botch
parcel
tomcruise
centreback
butterfingers
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bbman
Junior C
Junior C

Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 7:51 am

Taibi wrote:
ElGuerrouj wrote:
mrblobby wrote:
Finished a draw. 1-10 each. replay

Robertstown put penalty over the bar 4 mins into injury time

Did he just chip it over the bar like he meant to take the point?

If he did, that is very conservative given the new penalty spot!??
I think 90% of teams would have kicked it over, I know I would..

anyone with a bit of bottle would have went for it semi final of champ you'd have to go for goal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 am

bbman wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ElGuerrouj wrote:
mrblobby wrote:

anyone with a bit of bottle would have went for it semi final of champ you'd have to go for goal

Couldn't agree with that. Stick it over the bar and give yourself another 60 mintues to sort it out.
What use is bottle had he missed it, 9 months of hard work down the drain just to show a bit of "bottle"?
100% the correct decision in my opinion.
It was deep in injury time.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 am

bbman wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ElGuerrouj wrote:
mrblobby wrote:

Would they not let you take it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
town man
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:35 am

good game and a draw i thought was a fair result as both teams gave so much . Robertstown manager came onto pitch to tell them to kick the pen over. Milltown's corner back ( michael culleton i think ) who got a straight red at the end will be a big loss in the replay
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 am

knowing damien leeson i was shocked to see him tap it over a brilliant soccer player aswell i would have put alot on him finishing that penalty and putting bobtown back in the final,
anyone know did the milltown corner back get a straight red and if so what for? some of the strangest calls ive ever seen in that game from the ref he really is laughable at times, ya cant believe he is watching the same game as everyone else is it was the same with him in the larries carbury game last week
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:40 am

was it a straight red town man and what for was it for? all i could see it was for was cause he stopped a goal chance but thats not a red card offence its not soccer they are playing surely milltown will appeal this if this is what he was sent off for
Back to top Go down
town man
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:59 am

As far as i know it was a straight red looked like he said something to ref . I would of put money on leeson getting a goal from the spot but as his manager told him to slot it over you couldn't blame him for not going for goal . I have to say that is the worst i've seen robertstown play all year so hopefully they will do the job next week .
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 am

only time will tell if leesons decision or managemnet was right,i think he was right to kick it over,be alot to take missing the peno and going out.
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:43 am

have to say the point was the best option from the spot.the ref was terrilbe how is that man still a ref even in such an important game i dont know i dread seeing his name on the paper to ref a match we're playing in. i took it as a straight red card but he had got a yellow before that so i'm not sure what happened harsh red if it was a straight red.
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:48 am

The sending off was a second yellow for dissent, the referee had a poor game all round. I think robertstown made a bad decision at the end, milltown were on top with about 10/15 to go then robertstown came back and put real pressure on. Robertstown should have taken their scalp but instead opted for a replay! This could be a bad decision as I can see the chinks in the armour again with serious questions being asked about them in a game they were apparently going to coast through!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:34 am

butterfingers wrote:
The sending off was a second yellow for dissent, the referee had a poor game all round. I think robertstown made a bad decision at the end, milltown were on top with about 10/15 to go then robertstown came back and put real pressure on. Robertstown should have taken their scalp but instead opted for a replay! This could be a bad decision as I can see the chinks in the armour again with serious questions being asked about them in a game they were apparently going to coast through!!
Who said they were apparently going to coast past Milltown? Robertstown are a div3 team, Milltown play in div2 it was never going to be easy for Robertstown.

If Leeson had gone for the goal and missed i'm sure you would be on here whinging that he didn't take the point.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 am

I think it was two yellows lads so he should be okay for replay.

Cracking game of football yesterday. Robertstown definitely have more improving to do. They have some fine players but are desperately weak in other positions. Milltown might feel this one got away but they were underdogs going into the game and played the better football and will be looking forward to the replay.

As for the ref, it was the usual quota of baffling decisions. There was one time in the second half when he blew the whistle and there was a complete silence in the crowd. It was like the thumbs/thumbs down scenes in Gladiator because no-one really knew what decision he would come up with. There was a collective guffaw when he did point because it was anyone's guess.

He definitely adds to the hilarity for the neutral.
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:31 am

Quote :
Who said they were apparently going to coast past Milltown? Robertstown are a div3 team, Milltown play in div2 it was never going to be easy for Robertstown.

If Leeson had gone for the goal and missed i'm sure you would be on here whinging that he didn't take the point.
Taibi I heard from a reliable source involved with the robertstown setup that they were going to win comfortably yesterday! Of course that was never going to happen as I had said in another post that this was always going to be a very tough game to call! But with the hidings they were giving teams all year it would be easy to buy into their hype, and for the panel members to get carried away.

Also Taibi I wonder if you could point out where I was whinging? It was irrelevant for me what decision the man took but from a Robertstown point of view I think it was a perfect opportunity for them to grab a game by the balls (pardon the pun) and put their tag as "bottlers" to bed once and for all by beating their fellow parishioners and going into a county final with nothing to lose!!

Ffs lads has any of ye stood on the new penalty spot? Any lad that calls himself a half decent footballer, especially a clubs chosen penalty taker has to rattle the net from there!!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am

The good tough test is probably wat robertstown needed.... Can't believe he didnt go for the goal... I'd say the robertstown players have nightmares about newbridge... They just seem to freeze in there
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 am

It may have been the correct choice to take the point. Athy had a well struck penalty brilliantly saved by Gavin Slicker today.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Jimmy white wrote:
The good tough test is probably wat robertstown needed.... Can't believe he didnt go for the goal... I'd say the robertstown players have nightmares about newbridge... They just seem to freeze in there
wont next day,will beat them handy
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:03 am

great to see peter kelly return for tmh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 am

butterfingers wrote:
Quote :

Taibi I heard from a reliable source involved with the robertstown setup that they were going to win comfortably yesterday! Of course that was never going to happen as I had said in another post that this was always going to be a very tough game to call! But with the hidings they were giving teams all year it would be easy to buy into their hype, and for the panel members to get carried away.

Also Taibi I wonder if you could point out where I was whinging? It was irrelevant for me what decision the man took but from a Robertstown point of view I think it was a perfect opportunity for them to grab a game by the balls (pardon the pun) and put their tag as "bottlers" to bed once and for all by beating their fellow parishioners and going into a county final with nothing to lose!!

Ffs lads has any of ye stood on the new penalty spot? Any lad that calls himself a half decent footballer, especially a clubs chosen penalty taker has to rattle the net from there!!

You're obviously a Milltown man butterfingers.

Some nice forum gamesmanship there, perfect to be pinned to the dressing room walls by Robertstown for the replay.

Also no one goes into a County Final with nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 am

With all the effort that all the players put in through the year, it would be awful to loose by a point when you had a chance to level the game and draw. I think the sensible option has to be and would be taken all the time. Yes Lesson would probably have buried it as he is a fine footballer and soccer player but its just to big of a risk.

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:22 am

Fionn, do you think Robertstown were lacking motivation going into last Saturday's game?

They lost by a point in the final to the same team three years ago. They must have been fired up beyond belief. Maybe they were too wound up because they didn't produce anything like their best.

They won't need butterfingers' words to get them going this Saturday either.
Back to top Go down
sean boylan
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:26 am

I think that Leeson was told to go for the point just shows how confident Robertstown are in beating Milltown the next day.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 am

I don't think it was confidence. I think it was security. They couldn't afford to gamble on it not being converted. Someone else said that they had another chance after that but they didn't know that at the time.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 am

I think, unless you're overwhelming favourites, you have to go for a goal from that situation, especially with the new penalty spot. You'd probably give the Town a 50% chance of winning the next day; odds on scoring a penalty are much higher than that.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 am

after two mile house getting darcy and kelly back at the weekend i would fancy tmh to push on and win the cup
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 am

Is darcy not injured or playing with an injury?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown   Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Championship semi-final Milltown vs Robertstown
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next