Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL

Go down 
+6
murof
Big Full Back
kelf
Fear An Geata
ElGuerrouj
footballguru
10 posters
AuthorMessage
footballguru
Junior A
Junior A

LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Empty
PostSubject: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 am

how do ye think it will go between Confey and Eire Óg Greystones on the 4th of december down in Aughrim ( Wicklow) . What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:22 am

No idea what the other team will be like but I'm guessing they won't be as strong as either of the teams they have played to date in Leinster and would expect Confey to win.

Quite amazing how well Kildare clubs have performed in Leinster Intermediate the last few years.

You a confey man FG?
Back to top Go down
footballguru
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 am

Greystones recieved an easier draw playing home venue and playing Louth champs and Offaly champs, where as Confey played away venue against Westmeath champs and Dublin champs... its hard to say but previous results in the past favour Confey. Yes i am from Confey ElGuerrouj. .
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:12 am

8/11 with Powers, seems a decent price to me. Might try find out a bit more about opposition before jumping in.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 am

I think Ronan Quinn said last week that they've 4 players on the Wicklow Senior panel.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 am

Greystones only beat the Offaly runners-up. Rhode's second team won the Offaly Intermediate but were not allowed into Leinster, hence Greystones beat Croghan !!!!!!

I have no idea how the Confey and Greystones teams compare but wish Confey all the best and I am a next door neighbour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:42 am

kelf wrote:
Greystones only beat the Offaly runners-up. Rhode's second team won the Offaly Intermediate but were not allowed into Leinster, hence Greystones beat Croghan !!!!!!

I have no idea how the Confey and Greystones teams compare but wish Confey all the best and I am a next door neighbour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the spirit of the GAA... Row in behind the county champions... Good luck to Confey. Like Athy, Ronan Quinn has them playing nice football. Best of luck to them....
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 am

Not a Confey man but would love to see them win Lienster. Success at any level can only benefit the Kildare team in the long term. We need to develop a winning mentality in Kildare at all levels like the have in Kerry.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:28 pm

kelf wrote:

Traitor Evil or Very Mad Mad scratch

Razz
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Be careful here lads. That Aughrim is a horrible place to play for teams that have not playe their before. If I were Confey I would go down before the game for a kick around etc. Its many a good team that was beaten by Wicklow opposition down there. I Still think that this Confey team is good enough to win.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 am

ElGuerrouj
Can I not wish the neighbours well and still support my own ??????????????

I feel free to do exactly that especially with Ronan in charge and how a Confey win would add spice to the Senior League derby next season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So be a devil L G and join me in saying "Good Luck Confey"

Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:45 am

Was only joking kelf. I've backed them at 8/11 so hope they win too.

Sure they'll prob go straight back down to Intermediate next year anyway :-P
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:47 am

The "Smileys" were a good indication !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just playing it for the hell of it !!!!!!

Yea, we all wish Confey well.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 4:02 am

no we dont Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:54 am

think this will be very close,eire og bet a decent offally side,home advantage will help but id say confey by 1
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:15 am

Hard luck Confey. Long year and it's a pity they had to travel to the pit that is Aughrim.. Well done to all involved and looking forward to them taking their place again in the senior ranks.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:00 am

I said it earlier in the thread. I played there once or twice and even if you have a good team the wicklow lads always manage to draw u down to the saem level. Its just a hrad place to play for an outsider
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:14 am

Sure isn't it only a fecking pitch, what's so different about it?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Taibi wrote:
Sure isn't it only a fecking pitch, what's so different about it?

I know its only a pitch but there something unwelcoming about it or windy or something. Just hate the place Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL   LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEINSTER INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALLFINAL
Page 1 of 1