Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfers in The GAA

Go down 
+89
Misneach
lomond
patw14
all_star
flourman
Bān go Lēir
Bad News Baba
KILL BILL
LilyWhyte
kartman
butterfingers
FreshMixer
overthebar
the big cal
totalgaa
Lily8
topcat
Admin3
ChopperDalton
ElGuerrouj
bag of white
Sam1928
stanley
fanofkildare
lilly-exile
jj
SeamusMurphy
Botch
Highball
fatherted
TheManInTheStands
standhimup
paddymartin
lollypop
gerry123
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Oneill
Cilldara_2000
GaaHead
kildaregaa365
Borderline
naked-lilly
wingback
Cassanata
lastline
SeeTheStars
KFSAM
Flamingo
shortgrass
ndog
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
paulus
Admin
johnsmyth
fargo
Son of Sarsfields
if_in_doubt
murof
right half forward
hawker
SamMaguire
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
TommyKeegan
parcel
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
centreback
steviegenius
White Bridge
kelf
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
lillyfan
lillyboy
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ogie
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
Athyman
Derfil
walsheman
losthope
Frankel
Rex
bloodsub
BelieveToAchieve
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 am

Taibi wrote:
Isn't Michael Fitzsimons a Kildare man?

If you say so but as i said , if he has come through as a child and plays through the various ranks and structures, it can be more acceptable , can the same be said of O Dwyer & Co , I could say the same with O Connor, is he not of Offaly stock , I still maintain there are plenty of players coming through the underage structures in the last few years in Kildare , with many pocessing other counties vintage , I would conceed it happens in most counties, Cork enlisted the services of a Lucan Sarfields player born raised in Dublin , our loss their gain, I still maintain its the resources of Kildare county & clubs structures that are making them the players they shall become Rolling Eyes Its besides the point , I think Kildare have the players for the future without bring in disgruntled ex county players Rolling Eyes

Last edited by vodafone2012 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 am

Hey
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 am

I remember two or three years ago athy were playing minor, the first minor champship we won was by a point in the final, when we played under 21 this year we were beating teams by 7/8 points, the only difference was that athy blooded the young players at senior level a lot quicker than most clubs, because our senior team was not that strong, they even had to go to the second division to get the experience. I beleive that Kildare need to bring on young talent in the county into the senior team , unfortunately because the senior manager is under so much pressure it is difficult to properly blood these players.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:22 pm

As Man Bear Pig told us yesterday, Seanie Johnston trained with St Kevin's yesterday. He says there should be no issues with the transfer now and it should go through as he's sticking to the rules.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1719
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 am

So who's coming to Seanie's for tea?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:52 am

U always have movement of people

Lke the Dubs 1958

Des Fergusson was a Down man

John & Joe Timmons had played for their home county Wicklow &
Kevin Heffernan born in Offaly

Offaly later had Paddy McCormack born in Westmeath, Willie Bryan born in Laois , Tony McTeague born in Cork ( all 3 moved to Offaly before the age of 5 !!!!!).

Heffos Army: Gay O'Driscvoll Cork, Robbie Kellegher Waterford, Sean Doherty Wicklow

Kildare had Shay Fahy Galway ( so when he moved to Cork his choices were Galway or Cork)

I pressume their are and were lots more who moved (mostly before they played Senior)
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:38 am

Taibi wrote:
ill bring the biscuits
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 am

ManBearPig wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ill bring the biscuits

Considering where he's from we'll probably have to bring the tea and milk as well!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:41 am

White Bridge wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ill bring the biscuits

Considering where he's from we'll probably have to bring the tea and milk as well!
]sure we will buy him a cow
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 pm

ManBearPig wrote:
White Bridge wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ill bring the biscuits

I'm sure ye bought him more than a cow now man bear pig Wink
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:26 am

steviegenius wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
White Bridge wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:
Taibi wrote:
ill bring the biscuits

I'm sure ye bought him more than a cow now man bear pig Wink
judgin by my face in the star it looked like i was having a calf
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 am

manbear where did mick kenny disappear to having heard or seen him in the lasy year or so did he transfer out?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 am

centreback wrote:
manbear where did mick kenny disappear to having heard or seen him in the lasy year or so did he transfer out?
mick joined the army last year so wasnt around for most of it...is back traininig now this year after filling out!!gonna have a great year this year id say,he is 3 times as strong!!
with mark grace,antoine carew,mick kenny and mcandrew back this year,hopefully it will be the difference in promotion and gettin to a last 8!!!
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 am

antoine carew is back? no nippy corner forward with white boots and blonde hair is safe around staplestown.......id say even SJ got a nice 'welcoming present' Sunday morn!!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:08 am

St Kevins have to be the favourites for the senior championship this year. A true galaxy of stars !!!!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:34 am

tomcruise wrote:
St Kevins have to be the favourites for the senior championship this year. A true galaxy of stars !!!!!
u sure carbury dont have it won already??
SJ was very well welcomed...only time he went budling is whats in the leader!!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:29 am

A flock would be a word for them. A flock of...stars. not happy with lads from Clane and Caragh playin for them...They had to go to Cavan Gaels for a footballer too
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 am

Jimmy white wrote:
A flock would be a word for them. A flock of...stars. not happy with lads from Clane and Caragh playin for them...They had to go to Cavan Gaels for a footballer too
haha shut up will ya!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 am

as bad as allenwood
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 am

I know the Seanie Johnston topic has been closed but think Shane Supple's comments were worrying and gave an insight into what Kildare have been up to. For those interested... http://t.co/IYPFfGDB
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 am

Tk that last line in that piece to me is only applicable in a fantasy world of PC sport and the view that it's the taking part that counts.
If anyone involved in sport who takes it seriously as most Intercounty teams do, think that losing is acceptable in way or form then they are in the wrong business.
Winning is all that matters, nothing more nothing less. If there was an All Ireland for being good sports and accepting what's thrown at you the Kildare would be matching Kerry at this stage. History only remembers the winners.

As for the Article no offence but I'd like to hear what McGeeney says on the matter before making up my mind. You say there is no reason to doubt Supple, however there is also no reason to believe him either. He waits a year since the apparent phone call and announces it straight after pulling himself out of the Dublin squad and in the middle of the Johnston fiasco. No motive there then apart from may be shifting attention from his decision. Thanks but no thanks.

This type of article seems to be the norm nowadays. No basis to it apart from one mans insinuation. How many articles in newspapers carry the term "alleged" then go on to destroy someones character. Nobody cares for the word "alleged" they only remember the gory details and make up their mind on that. Never thinking, hold on none of this could be true.
Articles such as this are manor from heaven for some people to beat Kildare with, never taking time to weigh the situation up for themselves before deciding if it's true or could he be leaving bits out. No they read it and their minds are made up. It's a very dangerous way of reporting.

If after supple had come out with his "alleged phone call" McGeeney had said it's true then fair enough blast away, but to write in that tone when you are taking the word of an outsider without getting due balance from the other side then I'm afraid I have no time for that.

Others will not agree.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am

Blog or article it makes no difference. It's placed in the public domain for people to make or base an opinion on.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 am

Not about inside and outsiders here, you have to see this from a national viewpoint and not a Kildare viewpoint and blinkers need to come off with this serious an issue. McGeeney has chosen not to comment and by extension has left himself open to people to look at overwhelming evidence whereby Supple's words (and he had the decency not to say it until he was out of the Dublin panel) pile weight on what has happened with Johnston. I fee for the player but Kildare not doing themselves any favours with all of this. As for the PC thing, I know well how much winning counts, and of course of Kildare win it'll be forgotten. But this goes beyond political correctness to attacking one of the main pillars intercounty football is based on and in my mind constitutes moral cheating.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 am

And for the record I very much consider myself a journalist and don't like the assertion I am anything else. It's a column which by definition offers a rational opinion, which given where my loyalties lie most Sundays is balanced and actually hurts me to say as a Kildare man. People need to take the blinkers off here, if Dublin were doing this, were signing Johnston and had called Shorty last year I don't think people would be so refined.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 am

What if McGeeney comes out next week and says it was nonsense and no phone call was made. Or says Supple made the first move. What are you going to write then or who are you going to believe. By writing this before any retort can be made you have left yourself open.

If McGeeney does rubbish it you'll have to write a blog to say so, anything less will give the impression of playing to the masses and courting controversy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers in The GAA
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next