Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfers in The GAA

Go down 
+89
Misneach
lomond
patw14
all_star
flourman
Bān go Lēir
Bad News Baba
KILL BILL
LilyWhyte
kartman
butterfingers
FreshMixer
overthebar
the big cal
totalgaa
Lily8
topcat
Admin3
ChopperDalton
ElGuerrouj
bag of white
Sam1928
stanley
fanofkildare
lilly-exile
jj
SeamusMurphy
Botch
Highball
fatherted
TheManInTheStands
standhimup
paddymartin
lollypop
gerry123
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Oneill
Cilldara_2000
GaaHead
kildaregaa365
Borderline
naked-lilly
wingback
Cassanata
lastline
SeeTheStars
KFSAM
Flamingo
shortgrass
ndog
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
paulus
Admin
johnsmyth
fargo
Son of Sarsfields
if_in_doubt
murof
right half forward
hawker
SamMaguire
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
TommyKeegan
parcel
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
centreback
steviegenius
White Bridge
kelf
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
lillyfan
lillyboy
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ogie
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
Athyman
Derfil
walsheman
losthope
Frankel
Rex
bloodsub
BelieveToAchieve
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 am

Like my very much tongue in cheek comment re handball and rounders
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 am

I for one mentioned the Hurling option and if anybody took it for more than a joke bigger fools they !!!

It was a skit on the CCCC and the smartassed journo's like the one who wrote big bullsh1t at the
weekend.

Him I'll never forget blocking my car in for 4 hours after a game in Croker and never a word of regret. A Dub player was jammed into the other bumper, both illiegally parked, the Dub in a wheelchair space & the journo on double yellows !!!!
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:28 am

Oh ,so, multi talented posters we have here ? forgive me for not getting it .......top class comedians you indeed are as well lads .
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:08 am

http://sport.irishexaminer.com/post/2012/06/06/Kildare-GAA-needs-to-take-Johnston-hit.aspx

Interesting blog from Fogarty of the Examiner. It's a bit outdated now that the hurling avenue has been ruled out but plenty of food for thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:42 am

To be fair Johnston has been training with kildare and working hard for months now. Does the above journalist really think that he will be told to wait until next year after his 6 month battle to play football. Rolling Eyes

He seems to suggest that Johnston was lucky to get off on a technicality. He met all criteria that was asked of him and imo it is the CCCC that are the lucky ones to come off lightly. They did not follow the correct procedure in accordance with the rule book. They should of put it through months ago when no objection was made and Johnston then would have been eligible to line out for st.kevins. Im sure the CCCC are not to happy that the CAC exposed what was going on but at the end of the day they had no right to block his transfer to Kevins.
The above article also seems to suggests that the new congress rule applies to him but I wonder is their another body that could look into the matter as his transfer should of went through well before the congress rule came into force.
We know the hurling is possibly ruled out but
The cheek of him to say "after all we were handed €300,000 the wisest thing the county board could do would be tell him to wait until next year. Is this guy serious. What in the hell has getting €300,000 from GAA got to do with johnston because I cannot see a link. Whats he trying to say keep croke park sweet is it?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 am

Why does he keep going on about a technicality. Neither parties objected so it's as clear as day. In fact it should have gone through ages ago.
If Cavan wanted to object they should have, I'm sure it's not that labour intensive to do so, instead they sat with their finger up their hole and hope that the GAA know what they want. Or maybe they did not object because, well they didn't want to.

There is also a lot of the usual "we believe" and "it is our understanding" in there, I'll expect "sky sources" next. In other words I'm making this up as I go, hope no one notices. No quotes from anybody, just nothing but his own personal view.

He's added the Hurling thing that was started on this board and gained legs across other forums and ended up in the media. If that is not an article killer I don't know what is. He actually had six paragraphs on it. A mainstream journalist using a tongue in cheek comment from this forum to back bone his argument. That's laughable.

Still there is time to add the €300,000 euro which we apparently now have so we are now in the back pocket of the likes of the CCCC.

But the turd on top of the cake is this little beauty.
"Kildare have some damage limitation to do. Be certain, this episode has hurt them. They might argue otherwise but they’re regarded as poachers now."

Hurt us, the fuck it has. I would not give two seconds though to it. A chunk of Kildare supporters might not like it but hurt them. Jog on. Losing your house hurts you, losing your job hurts you, losing your heatlh hurts you, a GAA transfer means damn all. As for his poachers tag, sure we are in good company with Cork and Wicklow and we all know that Corkonians couldn't give a shite what anyone thinks of them. I see where they are coming from now.

Thanks J Fogarty another article to hang on the dressing room wall and maybe you should have been writing about the Tyrone GAA club handing out medals to kids with a picture of an IRA terrorist on the back. Where's your GAA ethos there.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 am

Great post Rex!
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 am

So youd put us in the same company as Cork , everpresent in division 1 ,all ireland champions around a year and a half ago ,multiple u 21 all ireland winners recently with the strongest administrator in the country at the helm. Or wicklow , never got to a leinster final in their history and rarely out of division 4 ....diverse company indeed . Would it ever dawn on you that Cork can afford to be arrogant ,Wicklow are desperate . You probably couldnt have made two worse comparisons for our county if you tried .The Wicklow defence to me is particularly pitiful ,and used regularly in this debate ,surely to jesus we aspire a bit higher than what they resorted to for our county .And even then it differs in that Walsh was prepared to transfer club right from the begining.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 am

Whoooosh, that's the sound of my point rushing straight over the top of your head.

What has Cork won got to do with it, what has their Divsion status got to do with it (by the way Cork were in the second division in 2009 so your ever present argument just went tits up). The strongest administrator. Was he around when they went on strike.

I digress, I can't make out what point you are trying to make. Is it that you can't compare transfers to Kildare and Cork because they are more successful and therefore arrogant, plus you can't compare transfers to Wicklow and Kildare because they are not successful.

I just can't figure it out. Just to be clear, I put us in the same company as Cork and Wicklow in terms of transfers not football success and said Corkonians don't care what anybody thinks. I feel the same.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

Spot on Rex. Some of the people on here were clinging to some rediculous hope that Seanie wouldn't get the transfer he was entitled to. Now they do their best to create enough of a shit storm and tantrum to mast their trail.
As I've said before & will continue to say. Transfers are a day to day part of the GAA. The same criteria is required for any guy looking to move club or county.
It amazes me how stupidly blind people are to this. The ethos brigade actually believe that transfers are a rarity.

Anyway - welcome to Kildare Seanie and fuck the begrudging brigade of Brehany, Fogarty and co!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 am

Time for kildare and seanie (if he gets his chance) to do the talking on the field. Welcome once again seanie. I'd like to wish seanie all the best in his footballing career in the county of kildare!
Cill Dara Abu! cheers
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Rex 1 Fargo 0
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Rex , theres very few around that your argument goes over the head of. I take your point about Cork in 09 fair enough . Everyone knows the point you were trying to make and because one or two on here gives you the nod they arent any more valid. You did attempt to present us as being in good company when lumped in with Cork and Wicklow ,so like a good fellow dont let on the atom was split somewhere else in the post and i missed it . I know exactly what youre saying , on the one hand your rubbishing the GAA ethos as being vague and on the other your bringing up examples of other counties who you are trying to present as having done the same thing as a sort of justification for this even though they were obviously different . The point i was making is simply that if they are the counties that you are citing as paralells for us and makeweights in your arguments they are particularly innapropriate and i stick entirely to that. I stayed clear of your melodramatic invocation people giving of medals to kids with IRA terrorists on the back of them .If you think this happening isnt a possibility in several counties maybe in fact youre the one that has a lot about GAA culture, history and ethos going over their head .
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 pm

I thought I'd explained myself better, it seems not.

Here goes. Firstly I still don't think you get my point. Remember I am commenting on the article by John Fogarty, an article that contains six paragraphs dedicated to a rumour started on this very forum as a tongue in cheek comment. How is anyone who realises that supposed to take his journalism serious in future. He let himself down professionally there. Lets not forget, he was the journalist who went and interviewed Shane Supple at an interesting time in this transfer and started the whole Supple debacle.

Once again my idea of being in lumped in with Cork and Wicklow is because our friend Fogarty called us poachers. Nothing more nothing less. Nothing to do with football, or honours or location or arrogance or any other stuff you think I mean. How is the comparison inappropriate when they have had major transfers is beyond me. If we are poachers then so are they, my point being, people in Cork don't care what anyone thinks of them, I admire that as that's they way I feel.

As for the medals, melodramatic if you like but it was there to shine some light on what seems important in the GAA world in terms of news. Fogarty would be better using his time exploring this side of the GAA than writing a factless, warped personal view of Kildare GAA. The whole idea of mentioning ethos is that it has been used as a sledgehammer to crack Kildare yet this story in Tyrone gets not mention. Like I said ethos when it suits.

GAA culture and History should not be about putting terrorist pictures on the back of U12 medals. If it is then I'd really not want anything to do with it. It's 2012 not 1912.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Its a very poor article from Fogarty and is clearly based on his personal feelings on the matter. He should have used some hard evidence to back up words like technicality and poaching and the reference to the €300,000 seems to be a warning to Kildare to keep their heads down from now on. However the silence from the Kildare CB and McGeeney on the matter has not helped and encourages journalists to speculate. I think all parties involved including Seanie should make a statement outlining how the whole scenario started and unfolded. I believe Seanie made the first move and there was no poaching involved. I dont think that our manager would operate in an underhand manner like that. Maybe I'm naive and no doubt many will disagree but I would like to see the Kildare side of things presented and not have us portrayed as desperate poachers in search of victory at any cost. That view of the team I love does genuinely worry me.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Rex are you in some way trying to appportion some elevated stance to your posts because if theres some serious substance ,yes i am missing it .To me youre just regurgitating the same stuff thats repeated by some posters on this thread ad nauseum.What part of i undestand exactly what you are trying to say are you missing ?. Whether or not its to invalidate Fogartys argument you had to make those comparisons ,you also had to pour scorn on the Ethos of the GAA ,you also had to make those laughable references to the presentation of the terrorist medals to the kids.You then also had throw in the odd swear word to show just how much conviction you had .

-------

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=997
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers in The GAA
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40