Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transfers in The GAA

Go down 
+89
Misneach
lomond
patw14
all_star
flourman
Bān go Lēir
Bad News Baba
KILL BILL
LilyWhyte
kartman
butterfingers
FreshMixer
overthebar
the big cal
totalgaa
Lily8
topcat
Admin3
ChopperDalton
ElGuerrouj
bag of white
Sam1928
stanley
fanofkildare
lilly-exile
jj
SeamusMurphy
Botch
Highball
fatherted
TheManInTheStands
standhimup
paddymartin
lollypop
gerry123
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Oneill
Cilldara_2000
GaaHead
kildaregaa365
Borderline
naked-lilly
wingback
Cassanata
lastline
SeeTheStars
KFSAM
Flamingo
shortgrass
ndog
ripvanwinkle
Fear An Geata
paulus
Admin
johnsmyth
fargo
Son of Sarsfields
if_in_doubt
murof
right half forward
hawker
SamMaguire
Ohtoohtobe
rgb
TommyKeegan
parcel
tomcruise
Loads of Pints
centreback
steviegenius
White Bridge
kelf
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
lillyfan
lillyboy
Could'nt Trap Cement
Ogie
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
Athyman
Derfil
walsheman
losthope
Frankel
Rex
bloodsub
BelieveToAchieve
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Deleted by Admin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 pm

It seems thebigcal that some people just never learn.

Your already banned under a different name as I can see you are using the same IP address.

Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:55 am

I was listening to Newstalk today when I was in the car and the were inevitably talking about the Johnston transfer. Now I'm not getting into the fact that the three panelists had no idea of the ins and outs of the transfer and were just giving the usual lazy stereotypical answers we have been accustomed to hearing over the last two months.
What really confused me was at what point in time did the Tompkins transfer become legitimate. Yes it was a life time ago and it should and generally is forgotten but since they were using it as an example of a transfer that was ok it's fair to mention it. I am totally at a loss as to when the media have come to the conclusion the Tompkins transfer was fine and then it is acceptable to use it as the right way to do things but Johnston's is the Devil's work.

Ger Gilroy was hosting, so as he is a Kildare man he should have put them straight that the Tompkins transfer was not as legitimate as they were saying and was probably not the best example for their argument. This transfer issue gets stranger and stranger.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:30 am

Rex wrote:
I was listening to Newstalk today when I was in the car and the were inevitably talking about the Johnston transfer. Now I'm not getting into the fact that the three panelists had no idea of the ins and outs of the transfer and were just giving the usual lazy stereotypical answers we have been accustomed to hearing over the last two months.
What really confused me was at what point in time did the Tompkins transfer become legitimate. Yes it was a life time ago and it should and generally is forgotten but since they were using it as an example of a transfer that was ok it's fair to mention it. I am totally at a loss as to when the media have come to the conclusion the Tompkins transfer was fine and then it is acceptable to use it as the right way to do things but Johnston's is the Devil's work.

Ger Gilroy was hosting, so as he is a Kildare man he should have put them straight that the Tompkins transfer was not as legitimate as they were saying and was probably not the best example for their argument. This transfer issue gets stranger and stranger.

Rex I absolutely can't get my head around this. Not only is it being made to sound above board, but it's being mentioned over and over as if it's a model transfer. All because he lived and worked in Cork.

I want to scream at the radio/TV: TOMPKINS WAS POACHED TO PLAY FOOTBALL YOU ABSOLUTE MONGS. They make it sound like the natural course of his life took him to Cork and he's almost a hero when the reality is that he was abandoning his county with a row over money the convenient excuse and that's the reason he moved to Cork.
It's the same thing as Johnston (in some ways it's worse, because Tompkins was not dropped by Kildare, SJ was by Cavan) and the fact that Johnston has a good state pension job he can't switch easily is the only difference.

By the way, because I live in England I don't get to see The Sunday Game until almost a week after it airs. I actually went mental at the laptop when I was watching it this morning when Davis (who I normally don't mind as much as other people seem to) piped up with his criticisms.
He owes his two All-Irelands to not one, but two cases of the exact same thing! You couldn't make it up!

Two wrongs don't make a right, of course, but the hypocrisy drives me mad...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 am

Exactly OH2, hearing them saying that Tompkins was living in Cork today and his tranfer was nothing like Johnston and was ok had me leaving finger nails in the steering wheel. I had never done it before but I actually pulled over and sent in a text saying to check their facts before they say stuff on air. Gilroy was just going along and never pulled them up on it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

As for Davis it was mentioned in the RTE analysis thread and I and others said the exact same thing last week when it originally aired. He has two All Ireland's on the back of two transfers from Kildare. Yet here he is talking down his nose at Kildare people.

Since you are living in England you have not heard half the stuff that has been put out as fact by a number of pundits. The stuff about Tompkins today took the biscuit though.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:17 am

None of these pundits do the job professionally so they simply don't know what they're on about once they're talking about events outside their own county. They're judging players and giving opinions purely on the basis of a handful of senior inter county games each year and even less inter county games at other grades (EG how many pundits did you see at either of the minor games?). If there were less pundits, perhaps a few doing the job fulltime and therefore spending far more time on their research (IE reading and listening to local media across the country and attending far more games), the quality of the product would be greatly increased. As it stands, they're all doing it as a sideline to their main career and they simply don't treat it seriously enough.

Edit: Of course I could be a mile off given the shite some of the full time journalists churn out.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:21 am

In my opinion the GAA have a major problem with the professional regime McGeeney has installed in Kildare. They are not comfortable with his disregard for tradition and his radical approach to preparing teams. If Johnson wanted to transfer to Carlow, Laois or Wicklow then it would have gone through long ago. The lazy journalism and soudbites from some people on this is really annoying. Cassidy and Ward on Championship Matters were a breath of fresh air. Ward while not in favour of the move said that it would not open the floodgates that the authorities obviously fear as most players would only want to play for one county.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 am

I'd have a real problem with hognstand and how they report on the transfer, not so much how they report but pathetic comments of a couple of idiots from Meath and Dublin and the fact that some comments are allowed be posted. Hoganstand are based in Meath and I'd have no doubt there's a bias towards posters from that county when making such posts.

One of them had the "class" to make the below comment.

"But it doesn't compare to seeing johnny doyle in bits in center of field after another failure to win anything. One of my all time highlights actually."

A sure sign of this guys ignorance and although the poster is an ignorant clown it grates to see such a person be allowed make a comment about one of the games true greats.

If we can beat Offaly and meet Meath I sincerely hope we don't kick 18 wides again and give them the mother and father of a beating.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:54 am

I agree KFSAM, some of them up there in meath are full of it. Hope we bate Offaly and then Bate seven shades of S**** out of meath.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:03 am

Admin wrote:
It seems thebigcal that some people just never learn.

Your already banned under a different name as I can see you are using the same IP address.

I bet if you look into it Admin3,2 or 1. There could be a few doing the same!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:01 am

Days of debate are over but...

Life for the smaller county in future... http://experiencemore.ie/experience-speaks/2012/05/31/off-the-fence-the-fading-lights

And while pushing it, thought some might enjoy a piece with the family of the late Philip McGuinness, a man who gave his best years knowing he'd win nothing and the bizarre world of Leitrim football.. http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/a-zest-for-life-and-a-love-for-leitrim-196056.html
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 am

They say you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
And while pushing it, thought some might enjoy a piece with the family of the late Philip McGuinness, a man who gave his best years knowing he'd win nothing and the bizarre world of Leitrim football.. http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/a-zest-for-life-and-a-love-for-leitrim-196056.html

Just read it. Great piece. Puts all sport in perspective...
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:10 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Days of debate are over but...

Life for the smaller county in future... http://experiencemore.ie/experience-speaks/2012/05/31/off-the-fence-the-fading-lights

Two good pieces from MacKenna particularity the sobering piece on the late Philip McGuinness. Wouldn't agree with all he says on the other piece but an honest assessment of what he feels and wouldn't knock him for it. In my opinion one of the better and more honest journalists out there.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 am

Yeah agree with you KF SAM........alot of straight talking in both them pieces. Have to say the one about Phillip McGuinness is a good read and very honest......the McGuinness family are a true GAA family and it must very tough on them at this time of the year when the championship is starting and the late Philly should be lining out for his beloved Letrim.....
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 am

John Fogarty ‏@JohnFogartyIrl
CCCC have granted Seanie Johnston's transfer from Cavan Gaels to St Kevin's. #GAA2012
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 am

Just checked Transfers on GAA.ie

Not listed there, yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it might never be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 am

There will be no fast tracking of any games, that you could be fairly sure of.

Not sure about the hurling route although it would be a fitting end to a completely farcical saga, mainly on the GAA's part but no one involved is completely blameless.

If he is to play any part in Kildare's championship this year it will have to be the hurling route.

The Dates are as follows:

1st Round v Offaly 17th June
Semi Final potentially 1st July (2 weeks later)
Final potentially 22nd (July 3 weeks later)

Should Offaly beat us we are out June 30th. (2 weeks later)
Should we lose the Semi Final we are out July 14th ( 2 weeks later)
Should we lose the final we are out July 28th (1 week later)

Should we win Leinster 5th August (2 weeks later)

Realistically I cannot see there being a round of championship anywhere in the middle of above. The only potential time I see there being another date fixed is weekend of 6th,7th,8th of July. Thats only if we are to keep winning until the Leinster final. And should we get to the Semi Final and lose, we face having the club championship called off with only 2 weeks for Kildare to prepare for the qualifier.

Another round of championship in my eyes is really a non runner logistically.

The GAA really done their living best to prevent this transfer from going through. And done little to hide that fact.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 am

They could ask Sash v Kevins to be played on the Wednesday night after the Leinster semi final should Kildare win it, whether they go ahead with a full round is anybodys guess. If he goes down the hurling roue to play it will be highly embarassing for himself and Kildare GAA in general, not to mention devaluing the biggest hurling competition within the county.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 am

Out of interest would it be possible for him to play for the juniors this year?

Not sure on the exact wording of the rules regarding junior eligibility but if it was specific enough to state that "a player is ineligible for a county junior team if they played senior intercounty football for that county in the previous year" then there'd probably a way around it, and like the Confey lads he didn't play senior club football in Kildare last year either.

The hurling option could work, be a bit of a joke, but sure like has already been mentioned the whole handling of this transfer has.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 am

Glad it's finally confirmed and the vacuum is filled. However I don't think he should go down any Hurling route and I doubt any club is going to move a match to suit one player. He's been put out of football this year because of the delay tactics but he probably needed a year to catch up with the others in the squad in fitness and gym work. The Transfer has gone through but the GAA has made it's point and the media have had their pound of flesh. I hope it works out for him now as he is undoubtedly a very good footballer.

I suppose he can't play for the Juniors.

Should he come out or someone in the management come out and set the record straight from a Kildare point of view. There is a lot of hearsay and stories being made up to suit a certain agenda. Talk about what he was asked for, how the CCCC went about their business.
Back to top Go down
the big cal
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 am

Do st kevins have a handball team or rounders...they're both gaa games and would cover him.
Or bring senior Scor forward. Might work
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 am

People are using the word farcical on this thread in relation to the GAAs behaviour on the saga , and its being followed by discussions on either getting Seanie Johnson to play hurling ,bringing forward a single round of the championship and now getting him to play handball or rounders or compete in scor . Sums it up for me anyway .
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 am

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170637

Johnston hurling option ruled out 06 June 2012

Seanie Johnston won't be thrust into hurling action in a bid to fast-track his Kildare debut according to his new club St. Kevin's.

It was rumoured that Johnston, who was finally granted his transfer from Cavan Gaels by the CCCC yesterday, would line out for St. Kevin's sister club Coill Dubh in a Kildare SHC match later this month, thereby making him eligible to play for Kildare in the Leinster SFC semi-final - that's assuming they beat Offaly in the quarter-final on June 17.

But speaking to The Irish Examiner, St. Kevin's vice-chairman John Noone scoffed at the idea of their new recruit playing hurling.

"That is just what is being speculated - it hasn't been discussed by us at all. As far as we're concerned, we're not looking at that," he said.

"The first I saw of it was on Facebook when some bright spark came up with the idea. The transfer has gone through for St Kevin's and everything else is up to Kildare - that's the way we'd be looking at it."

Was there actually ever anything behind this rumour or was it just a few of us on here talking about it as a joke?

Wonder what else we could come up with that might make it a bit of a headling...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfers in The GAA   Transfers in The GAA - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transfers in The GAA
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next