Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Professional players?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Professional players? Empty
PostSubject: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:12 am

Before I start, those that think this is purely a Kildare GAA forum, run a mile now. But I'm just wondering people's opinions on the below. Some will see it as a guy that works hard and trains hard to become an expert in his chosen sport making a buck in tough times. Personally, leaning towards being uncomfortable with charging an underage team or small club for a training session and to present medals when I believe (and people may have their own examples) a lot of big players including Kildare guys see it as part of their duty in promoting the stars of tomorrow around the place. Not on my high horse before someone takes a swipe, just my belief and wondering what ye all think. And I didn't add in Ryan O'Dwyer's link because it says he is doing it for charity which doesn't make the lads look any better.

http://www.giftencounters.com/index.php?option=com_encounters&view=profile&task=viewprofile&user_id=76

http://www.giftencounters.com/index.php?option=com_encounters&view=profile&task=viewprofile&user_id=120
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 am

I find it strange that they proclaim their prices so openly. I would have been assuming that it would be done in a hush hush manner.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 am

Bit pricy. Thought those kind of prices died with the Celtic tiger. Comes across a bit cheesy and mercenary but lads are tight for cash and if someone's prepared to pay for the service then so be it.

I was almost expecting to see a prostitute along side offering their services.

Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 am

Dont see the problem with this ,lads just trying make a few pounds out of their fame and talent ! If people are willing to pay them what harm .....
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:06 am

don't see a problem, if people want to pay it, but as said here, there Celtic tiger prices, can't see people paying that these days!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:09 am

Could set a precedent though. If other county players see this and think well if they are being paid I want to be as well, where does it end? When a lot of clubs can't afford to get some famous player in to hand out medals to kids and inspire them?
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Could set a precedent though. If other county players see this and think well if they are being paid I want to be as well, where does it end? When a lot of clubs can't afford to get some famous player in to hand out medals to kids and inspire them?

I also remember the lads getting a few pounds for handing out the medals in school......
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 am

Well if they are advertising so openly, they must be a legit business that pays their taxes and has a VAT number etc. They'd never get away with it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professional players?   Professional players? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Professional players?
Page 1 of 1