Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

county players

Go down 
+12
paddymartin
steviegenius
walsheman
Sam1928
rgb
Botch
TheBigFullForward
ElGuerrouj
TommyKeegan
lastline
bag of white
Jimmy winning matches
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:08 am

any other than fell their a certain players of county panel real do put the same efforts for their clubs in club champioship or they only care about white jersey,
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 am

"Does anybody else feel that certain players on the county panel do not put the same effort in for their clubs as they do for Kildare and that they only care about playing in the white jersey?"

Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:29 am

May be but only certain ones. Two flahertys were excellent for carbury at the weekend I thought. There will always be one or two. It's like everything
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 am

Thank you Bags of White, I actually wouldn't have been able to translate it myself. Hardly drunk at 21.08 of a Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Thank you Bags of White, I actually wouldn't have been able to translate it myself. Hardly drunk at 21.08 of a Tuesday?

Nop, that is just fone's best attempt at a coherent sentence! He had actually been alright for a while
Back to top Go down

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am

I have not laughed that hard in a very very long time.

fone and bag of white thank you very much for that.

county players   GiovanniTrapattoniAdamantSportsfile
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:04 am

Don't think that's true

Foley, fogarty, smith, Bolton, mcgrillen, 2 O'Flaherty's, kavanagh, Sweeney, Flynn, paudi o'neill, JD are just some of d lads who have excelled for d clubs recently
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I have to say most of the current crop of county players do play very well for their clubs
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 pm

It type not for fone easy to.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 am

rgb wrote:
It type not for fone easy to.

those touchscreen phones are a bitch to type on. I reckon fone should get a qwerty keypad phone.

Anyway, the main thing you want to see is that county players stand out as county players in the club championship in that a Kildare player should be easily recognisable on the pitch above your regular club player.

I cant comment much this year but I know in recent seasons watching some club games that it was hard to notice who was a county player and who was not i.e. no-one really stood out.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 am

From HoganStand.com

Kildare footballer John Doyle spent Sunday night in hospital having suffered concussion during a club match.

Doyle lined out for Allenwood in the Kildare SFC quarterfinal defeat to Carbury last Sunday. The former All Star suffered a blow to the head and has no memory of the second half, even though he played the entire match.

What happened him? Malicious or accidental?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 am

accidental i heard
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:45 am

I think his own club players hit him in the head when a few players went for the ball around the middle near the end of the first half. I dont think the Carbury lads are like that anytime I played against them they were nearly always hard but fair. I have to say the 2 o Flahertys are pushing there team hard this year and Eoghan's goal on Sunday was great.
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 am

Kelly Brook for September

Bravo sir.......Bravo
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 am

TommyKeegan

He had a few pints in Glennons on Monday to drown his sorrows so he is ok and it was a complete accident.. A defeat to Carbury would not go down well with the great man. He will get his 2nd All Star soon and that should keep him happy. The back page of the sports section of the Indo is very interesting today realting to the All Stars.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:42 am

tomcruise wrote:
TommyKeegan

He had a few pints in Glennons on Monday to drown his sorrows so he is ok and it was a complete accident.. A defeat to Carbury would not go down well with the great man. He will get his 2nd All Star soon and that should keep him happy. The back page of the sports section of the Indo is very interesting today realting to the All Stars.

Interesting to see Hugh McGrillen there in Breheny's all stars albeit without dublin and Kerry players. I certainly would have had him in there myself but wasnt sure if national media would give him his due rewards because he was excellent for us this year. Whether he'll get a 'real' all star remains to be seen however. Think JD and Bolton are nailed on to pick up awards.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:43 am

I read that today TC, interesting choices. I would be sure Emmet will get one and Hugh deserves one as he has been fantastic over the last three years. J.D I always thinks deserves one, but it will be a step to much considering he didn't score or have his best game against Donegal. I hope I'm wrong as no man playing today gives more for Club and county.

As for the players not trying, I would believe they all try as hard as they can. No reason to think otherwise as they are as honest and hard working a bunch of lads that has wore the White jersey.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 am

Glad he is okay, wasn't insinuating anything regarding Carbury, just wondering. Club doctor should surely have a question or two to answer though. Not exactly safe letting a guy play for half an hour who is so concussed he has no recollection of it.

Just read the article you referred to Tom Cruise, although anything with Martin Breheny as the byline I try to avoid because I like writing where thought goes into it. I know Bolton got some big scores but in the list of Kildare's best players I'd have Connolly getting the goalkeeper award ahead of him and Michael Foley (although McGee was so good he'll just miss out). Nor would I have Colm McFadden anywhere near an All Star without the finalists. Can't have been fun playing up front for Donegal but he is ponderous and incredibly one footed, keep him on the left and he's gone.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 am

Foley was outstanding this year and would be my Kildare player of the year, he may have an outside chance but I don't think he'll get one.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:00 am

Rex I would have to strongly disagree on your view that JD probably won't get one. Fair enough we may be a little bit biased when it comes to discussing the 'great one' but if the media didnt see how good he was this year i'll throw my hat it. Fair enough he didnt have the best game in the semi but he was brilliant up to that. On top of that, there hasnt been any amazing midfield performances from other players around the country this year in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 am

Wrong topic maybe but speaking of All Stars, my list which will obviously change would be as follows... Granted it'll differ hugely due to performances in final and Kerry and Dublin will probably take 10 between them and rightly so... Some positional changes to fit in best players, but as it stands 3 Dublin, 3 Kerry, 3 Kildare (we won't get that, in fact may just get one), 2 Donegal, 2 Mayo, 1 Tyrone, 1 Wexford...

1. Shane Connolly (Kildare)
2. Hugh McGrillen (Kildare)
3. Neil McGee (Donegal)
4. Marc O Se (Kerry)
5. Bryan Cullen (Dublin)
6. Karl Lacey (Donegal)
7. Keith Higgins (Mayo)
8. John Doyle (Kildare)
9. Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone)
10. Darran O'Sullivan (Kerry)
11. Ben Brosnan (Wexford)
12. Paul Flynn (Dublin)
13. Colm Cooper (Kerry)
14. Andy Moran (Mayo)
15. Alan Brogan (Dublin)
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 am

jj, I would love him to get one, I just can't see the selection committee pick him over one of the finalists even though there has been a lack of standout midfielders this year.

I think the main problem he has is that he is known as a forward country wide and to get an All Star in midfield the year after getting one as a forward would be incredible.
I don't actually think they will judge him as a middle man i.e they won't actually view him as someone who plays there but a as forward who is a stop gap. His poor quarter final will I think stand against him.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 am

tommy why ya pick bryan cullen at wing back when he has been playing wing forward all year surely ya have to be playing in the line of the award
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

Hasn't been the case in the past centre-back. I've also Higgins in that half-back line whereas he's been corner-back. Wing-back has been poor this year and with so many good forwards - Eoin Bradley and Michael Murphy don't make that team - someone will be switched back I feel. Plus the way Dublin play, he does spend quite a bit of time where a half-back should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

county players   Empty
PostSubject: Re: county players    county players   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

county players
Page 1 of 1