Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders

Go down 
+24
murof
lollypop
kelf
Bān go Lēir
Come on the Boys in Blue
the young lad
overthebar
Highball
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
flourman
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
losthope
Son of Sarsfields
kickingking
steviegenius
Dido
Athyman
topcat
tomcruise
Taibi
Fear An Geata
Muller
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 am

Looked outside the small square to me.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 am

look lads the ref in the minor game was right to give the penalty, not only did the towers player touch the ball once in the small square he did it twice.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 am

He touched the ball well outside the small square / should have been a 14 yard free.
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:58 am

flourman i dont no where u were in the ground but i was on the pitch at the time beside the goal waitin to get ready for warm up for senior final,the ball was touched twice in the small square and had it in his hands outside the small square. the ref blew for the 1st touch on the ball and he was right,,,,.great call by him
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 am

I was directly behind the goals to right of the posts. I like many saw the ball touched outside the small square. I was also directly in line to see a ball a full foot outside the left post waved as a point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 am

There were 4 contentious decisions in the closing stages of the minor game that all went in Celbridge favour.

1) they were given a point that was at least a foot wide. This was not the refs fault but the fault of the umpires and linesman on the side opposite the stand.
2) Celbridge no 10 was unlucky not to get a straight red but got a yellow for what to me appeared to be a strike. He was also absolutely blessed not to see a second yellow for a foul. Barrett appeared to call him over but yet did nothing. Perhaps it dawned on him that it would mean having to send him off. No one wants to see a young lad sent off in a big final but perhaps Towers can feel aggrieved by that.
3) the amount of injury time played.
4) The penalty decision. From where i was it appeared to be well outside the small square and thus should have been a 14 yard free.

i fell Celbridge will win the replay as i think brophy wont have as bad a day with the frees again.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:46 am

A moment of madness , could happen anyone in a pressure situation , maybe should have drove it into the stand , wide , anywhere , but have it all to do again , great to see we are underdogs again , suited us before , it will suit us again , keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

The proof of how tough a call the penalty was is right here on the forum - there's no agreement on it. To me, it was very tight and I felt sorry for the ref.

As for time-keeping, that's one my bugbears. It shouldn't be in a ref's hands but then the GAA decided to ignore the voice of the people (most democratic association in the land?) when Congress voted for the introduction of the clock and Central Council say 'ah no, it's too expensive'.

Me bollix.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm

While I was supporting Towers on Sunday / I thought the injury time was spot on.

Towers players were going down and staying down very easily during the second have and I remember saying to a mate that there could be at least 5 mins added on at the end.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Only bringing myself to talk about the game on Sunday. We are two points up with 12 minutes to go , we lose possession and then goal and game over. Very very hard to take given the amount of possession we had and the defeat in 2011. Hopefully we can come back from same.

Best of luck to the Sash in their Leinster campaign.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 am

tomcruise, I have no doubt ye will be back, very good team and looking at the age profile there will be no retirements, holding onto Stephen Darby will be important, he is an excellent manager in my opinion. Thanks very much for your wishes regarding the Leinster campaign will be a huge step up for a lot of our lads not many of them have played leinster club before. From the team that started the county final only 5 have any expierience of the competition
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 am

Tomcruise and Topcat remember we will be back next year, I hope sash do well in the leinsters they are definitely talented enough, we were beaten last year by the all Ireland finalists, I expect Sarsfield to reach the Leinster Final and who knows after that, I will be supporting ye through the Leinster campaign and I will be going to the matches.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am

Hmm...

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 60365_10151783072602788_1490563788_n
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 am

why wasnt the pic showin of him touchin d ball twice in d square b4 he rolled over wit it, lets b hohest lads some of us hav cn it on tape
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:30 am

the young lad wrote:
why wasnt the pic showin of him touchin d ball twice in d square b4 he rolled over wit it, lets b hohest lads some of us hav cn it on tape

Who's stopping you from uploading the video?

Also, can you please stop writing in txt spk, it's really annoying to read and makes you seem like a 12 year old girl.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Well said Taibi, lets see the evidence if its there.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 am

MFC Final A Replay

Towers 2-6 1-9 Celbridge (AET)
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:09 am

Another draw !!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:33 am

what a battle celbridge and towers are having
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 am

Cracking game today, well done to both sides. Going to be tough to call a winner!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 3:53 am

I always remember losing a county junior hurling final on a second replay in December... I remember scuffing a half-chance of a goal in the first half of the first game - we were nine or ten points up at the time, I didn't think it would matter. In the end, we needed to point a 21-yard free to grab the draw. I remember the 'taker asking us if he should go for goal!

I was dropped for the replay and we lost after the third game.

So I'd hate to lose this game now. It leaves scars!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 am

I though the Town deserved to win it this time also. I hope its not left behind now.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Anyone know, when the rematch is fixed for?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Bān go Lēir wrote:

Anyone know, when the rematch is fixed for?

Next Sat. St. Conleth's Park. 2-00pm.
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 am

Cheers for that!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next