Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

International Rules

Go down 
+20
losthope
standhimup
jj
TommyKeegan
fatherted
Jimmy winning matches
Ahlethimout
bob12
Ogie
naked-lilly
micky murphy
walsheman
LillieLad
Moorefieldbhoy
SeamusMurphy
Bad News Baba
OutTheGap
Westside
flourman
swingfly
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
swingfly
Junior C
Junior C

International Rules Empty
PostSubject: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Struggling to find anything about this online.. Anyone know what the training squad is?? Any of our lads on it??
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 5:29 pm

swingfly wrote:
Any of our lads on it??
Hope not
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Johnny Doyle and Tomas O'Connor
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Johnny is the only one to make the squad. Congrats Johnny - hope you get through it in one piece!

The Irish panel for the October 19th and 26th tests is:
Michael Murphy, Donegal (captain)
Aidan Walsh, Cork (vice captain)
Paddy O' Rourke, Meath
Colm Begley, Laois
Colm Boyle, Mayo
Ciaran Byrne, Louth
Sean Cavanagh, Tyrone
Paul Conroy, Galway
John Doyle, Kildare
Paul Flynn, Dublin
Finian Hanley, Galway
John Heslin, Westmeath
Darren Hughes, Monaghan
Lee Keegan, Mayo
Ciaran Kilkenny, Dublin
Paddy McBrearty, Donegal
Jack McCaffrey, Dublin
Niall Morgan, Tyrone
Neil McGee, Donegal
Chrissy McKaigue, Derry
Ciaran McKeever, Armagh
Kevin McLoughlin, Mayo
Conor McManus, Monaghan
Ross Munnelly, Laois
Aidan Ó Se, Mayo
Ciaran Sheehan, Cork
Michael Sheilds, Cork
Zach Tuohy, Carlton & Laois
Daithi Waters, Wexford
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Delighted for him. Hope he comes out of it unscathed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:38 am

flourman wrote:
swingfly wrote:
Any of our lads on it??
Hope not
Great Honour to play for your Country..
Best of luck to OUR Legend JD.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:57 am

Would have thought Tomas O Connor would be ideal for this...

I can see the "marks" he would get would be a huge advantage to Ireland.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:54 am

Johnny is a hero, delighted he's been called up
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 am

How's ticket sales suppose to be going for this, wouldn't be interested in going to a cold, half empty croke park.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Moorefieldbhoy wrote:
Would have thought Tomas O Connor would be ideal for this...

I can see the "marks" he would get would be a huge advantage to Ireland.
He was in training with them, id say he's on stand by now
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:46 pm

If Johnny is in for this racket doubt it if he is going to hang up the boots anytime soon
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:59 pm

In an article in todays Independent the great man says:
"I enjoyed my football this year. I was lucky enough with injuries, touch wood, I haven't broken any bones, the knees have held up. There is very little to worry about.
Doyle says he will talk to new Kildare manager Jason Ryan before making a final decision on his future.
"It's something I am going to have to address soon," he admitted. "It's very difficult now.
"I'll see what way the winter pans out. I'll see if the appetite is there. Maybe the new man might look at things differently."

I'd be hopeful he will play next year. He's still Kildare's best forward so I don't think he'd have to worry about the new manager thinking differently. It would be great for the young forwards like Paddy Brophy, Niall Kelly and Paul Cribben if he keeps going.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Read in the interview johnny said he'd "play to keep the cobwebs off" sounds good to me for 2014 cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:33 am

JohnnyC wrote:
In an article in todays Independent the great man says:
"I enjoyed my football this year. I was lucky enough with injuries, touch wood, I haven't broken any bones, the knees have held up. There is very little to worry about.
Doyle says he will talk to new Kildare manager Jason Ryan before making a final decision on his future.
"It's something I am going to have to address soon," he admitted. "It's very difficult now.
"I'll see what way the winter pans out. I'll see if the appetite is there. Maybe the new man might look at things differently."

I'd be hopeful he will play next year. He's still Kildare's best forward so I don't think he'd have to worry about the new manager thinking differently. It would be great for the young forwards like Paddy Brophy, Niall Kelly and Paul Cribben if he keeps going.
That sounds very positive to me, I must say.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 am

I see JD didnt make the Final Squad for Sat..
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:48 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I see JD didnt make the Final Squad for Sat..
maybe a good thing for allenwood and Kildare wont get injured , but love to see him wear a Ireland Jersey
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:06 am

Ah devastated for Johnny would have been unreal to see him play for Ireland, hopefully he gets game time in the second test and stays injury free Smile 
Back to top Go down
Ahlethimout
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Was over at Parnell Park to see the Aussies take on an assorted colleges teams. While Australia won comfortably, I wasn't that impressed with them. Would fancy Ireland to win each of the two games and will be lumping a few pound on them. Quality wasn't great and apparantely the Australian's only started working with the round ball on Sunday gone by.
Series is really dead in the water there seems to be very little interest in it at all.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 am

A big pile of shite. Kill it off before the boredom takes its toll.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:54 am

some waste that was
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:01 am

Seems to have turned into an end of season junket for the aussies. Haven't put any worthwhile effort into this for last couple of years
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:11 am

Have to agree lads. It used to be entertaining when the Aussies sent over a full strength team but it looks like its had its day now. Time to pull the plug.
It's clashing with important club games as well forcing players to choose between the 2 which is unfair.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:28 pm

What a pity this is nearing its Life end.. As a real honour for Fellas to Play for their Country, their only opportunity to play for their Country, will be gone..
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:10 pm

It's only a real honour to play for your country in a game against other lads who think it's a real honour to play for their country. Aussies on their second piss-up post Cavan game in Clare last night and caused trouble with music blaring till 5.30am. They don't care and it's embarrassing the GAA that they keep taking it seriously. On top of that, the game is boring. It's not much of a sport when you are close to falling asleep and hoping for a fight to wake you up. Won't be back after this year.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
It's only a real honour to play for your country in a game against other lads who think it's a real honour to play for their country. Aussies on their second piss-up post Cavan game in Clare last night and caused trouble with music blaring till 5.30am. They don't care and it's embarrassing the GAA that they keep taking it seriously. On top of that, the game is boring. It's not much of a sport when you are close to falling asleep and hoping for a fight to wake you up. Won't be back after this year.
Agree 100%. It's an absolute joke of a series at this stage. Didn't even realise it was on until Friday evening there was so little about it in the media. Contempt shown by Aussies in the team they sent over is enough to show that the plug should be pulled. Will be interesting to see what sort of a crowd shows up this weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Rules   International Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next