Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:08 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
More seriously, Tony McEntee. Record outstanding and his Examiner columns gave the greatest insight and understand of GAA tactics I've ever heard or read. Seriously impressive character. Would love him in Kildare.
Would love to get him in.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 am

He would be perfect for everyone.
He is from Armagh...like Geezer...is left footed...like Geezer...is roughly the same size and will sound the same so those missing McGeeney will be delighted.
For those who ousted McGeeney he has the major advantage of NOT being Kieran McGeeney.
Joking aside I think he would be a great option. As a player he had a great brain and As TK says he does seem to know what he is talking about.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 am

Tommy Keegan
I've saw you insult that man on here time and time again yet nothing is ever said to you. Can't say I know the man but can I ask why you constantly do? He seems to have been pretty successful as both a player and manager.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

Of the last 10 All-Irelands, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Leinster championships, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Connacht championships, nine have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Munster championships, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Ulster championships, nine have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 National League division one titles, nine have been won by homegrown managers.

Outside managers have therefore claimed three of the last 60 major titles on offer.

I'm sure Tony McEntee is a good coach and would do a good job.

If we want lasting, sustained success, however, we need to get our act together in every aspect of Kildare GAA. Above all, we need to be unified. And we need to be self-reliant.

This will not be the popular approach to appointing a manager as it will require a lot of time and patience before we see results. It will require a lot of hard work developing our own coaches to the required standard. Even if we started today with a comparable plan to Dublin's blue wave (see http://www.crokepark.ie/getmedia/9676475b-2eec-4eed-9fcc-31c94f7de41d/Dublin-Strategic-Plan-2011-2017-%28web%29.pdf) it might take 10 years, such is the state of us.

But it is what every consistently successful county does. The alternative is to go on with expensive sticking plasters while the patient is dying on the inside. The absolute best we will get if we carry on the way we are is small bursts of success followed by more years of abject mediocrity and financial ruin.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

ripvanwinkle wrote:
Tommy Keegan
I've saw you insult that man on here time and time again yet nothing is ever said to you. Can't say I know the man but can I ask why you constantly do? He seems to have been pretty successful as both a player and manager.

Who?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:55 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Of the last 10 All-Irelands, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Leinster championships, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Connacht championships, nine have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Munster championships, 10 have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 Ulster championships, nine have been won by homegrown managers.
Of the last 10 National League division one titles, nine have been won by homegrown managers.

Outside managers have therefore claimed three of the last 60 major titles on offer.

I'm sure Tony McEntee is a good coach and would do a good job.

If we want lasting, sustained success, however, we need to get our act together in every aspect of Kildare GAA. Above all, we need to be unified. And we need to be self-reliant.

This will not be the popular approach to appointing a manager as it will require a lot of time and patience before we see results. It will require a lot of hard work developing our own coaches to the required standard. Even if we started today with a comparable plan to Dublin's blue wave (see http://www.crokepark.ie/getmedia/9676475b-2eec-4eed-9fcc-31c94f7de41d/Dublin-Strategic-Plan-2011-2017-%28web%29.pdf) it might take 10 years, such is the state of us.

But it is what every consistently successful county does. The alternative is to go on with expensive sticking plasters while the patient is dying on the inside. The absolute best we will get if we carry on the way we are is small bursts of success followed by more years of abject mediocrity and financial ruin.

I would be extremely happy with planning for the future and putting together something like that.

Time and time and time again Kildare GAA has proven to be unable to look after its affairs. From fixtures to hurling to finances to our county football team. It's evident a clear out from the top down is needed before anything like that could be attempted. I genuinely wouldn't trust anyone to implement it.

This might be a little left field but what about getting rid of Ryan tonight bringing in Micko for the rest of the year along with Glen and Dermot as selectors .

What a lift that would give.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Should this not read Next County Board Chairman, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary etc.

To me the county board for the last few years is being run like a Div 3 -4 county with a lot of the expenses of a Div 1-2 county so something was always going to give ....

Perfect example is the €100 ticket idea the county board are now forcing on the clubs - wonder how long it came to think up the idea of running a draw to make some money? and then telling the clubs they had to sell the tickets!
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:57 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
ripvanwinkle wrote:
Tommy Keegan

Who?

Mixer Condon. Did he not manage Moorefield to their first championship?
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:

This might be a little left field but what about getting rid of Ryan tonight bringing in Micko for the rest of the year along with Glen and Dermot as selectors .

That has to be the most delusional suggestion I've read on here for a long, long time, just goes to show where your head is at.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Taxi for Freddy.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

That has to be the most delusional suggestion I've read on here for a long, long time, just goes to show where your head is at.

+1.   People must think that Dermot and John can just drop everything that they are doing and commit to 5/6 days/nights a week with the Kildare team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 am

Stonecold wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

Here's the JR cheerleader. No banner or pom poms with you this weather.

I knew that suggestion would get a reaction. Kildare haven't a pot to piss in. They certainly couldn't afford to fly Micko form Kerry.

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:01 am

Micko turns 80 next year
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
Stonecold wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

Here's the JR cheerleader.  No banner or pom poms with you this weather.

I knew that suggestion would get a reaction. Kildare haven't a pot to piss in. They certainly couldn't afford to fly Micko form Kerry.  

JR cheerleader, how you arrive at that conclusion?? I don't succumb to soccer style punditry or sensationalism. The problems are far deeper than the manager. And your solution is an octogenarian, who was a great manager 20 years ago, shows the height of your insights. Stick to the soccer!

And for the record and you can troll back through my posts, I was in favour of McGeeney going, I wasn't in favour of JR because he was part of the McGeeney era, I thought the idea of a one year rolling renewal was crazy & short sighted by the CB and sent out the wrong message that this was only temporary. But once ratified I was willing to give him a chance. He hasn't been helped by retirements, Australia, injuries & lack of talent. But its clear that he hasn't helped himself & addressed key issues i.e. midfield, attack & defence strategy, Kildare mentality. The writing is on the wall but again things will be knee jerk because there is no clear strategy across the whole Kildare GAA set-up.

Crucifixion anybody??
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 am

Nice one Ogie
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:33 am

Here we go... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 am

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Hqdefault

"Are you the Jason Ryan Peoples Front?"

"F**k off..the Jason Ryan Peoples Front!!!!!..........we're the bloody Peoples Front of Jason Ryan!"

Last edited by Sam1928 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:42 am

Taibi wrote:
Hmm..

http://www.the42.ie/darragh-o-se-kerry-3-2001309-Mar2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

Would rather Tony McEntee, Kevin McStay, Brian Murphy or even Glen Ryan O'Se hasn't done well at all with Kerry u21's.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:53 am

tony mc entree is with st brigids said no down gaa last year

kevin mcstay with rte buts wants kildare job

brian murphy unproven at senior intercounty level good at underage has 2 more years at kildare u21 manager

glen ryan wth arles kilcurise

daragh o se works for tg4
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:24 am

Darragh O se stepped down from Kerry 21s this evening....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:55 am

Wouldn't let Darragh O'Se near it with a ten foot pole!
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:11 am

fone, how do you know McStay still wants the Kildare job?
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:32 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Darragh O se stepped down from Kerry 21s this evening....................

absolutely agree. Couldn't manage a very talented bunch of minors .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next