Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 am

fone wrote:
The players  had meeting on new manager and said glen game not suited  to modern  game . Brian lacey  could have chance

To the best of my knowledge there is currently no Kildare senior squad selected or in training so who had this meeting ?????
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:24 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
fone wrote:
The players  had meeting on new manager and said glen game not suited  to modern  game . Brian lacey  could have chance

To the best of my knowledge there is currently no Kildare senior squad selected or in training so who had this meeting ?????

exactly ..

Pure and utter rubbish
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:31 am

flourman wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
fone wrote:

exactly ..

Pure and utter rubbish
was told that morning. With knowledge of game u throw hat into ring for job . There no kildare team when players when mc geeney got sacked what's different now
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:32 am

fone wrote:
Who told you that ***?

DON'T REFER TO A GUY'S NAME, RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY. IT'S NOT CLEVER. THIS IS A FORUM AND ALLOWS FOR ANONYMITY. RESPECT THAT RIGHT.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:41 am

The players, after some of their displays and capitulations, don't deserve to wear the jersey let alone be part of the selection process
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:15 am

Players should concentrate on playing and have no influence on picking the new manager....IMO of coarse....
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:46 am

What are you suggesting Stonecold that none of the 2015 should be handed a jersey again.....

Over the bar. I 100% disagree with you. Who selected the last kildare manager?.....the ex chairman a Carlow man. Who let be honest knows as much about that it takes to preparing an inter county team as i do about the sex habits of a snail.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:23 am

Looks like Kevin McStay is going to Roscommon. I'm told Bryan Murphy doesn't have the time. Cian O'Neill or Jack O'Connor won't be going anywhere methinks. And James Horan doesn't have the time or the wish to manage anyone other than Mayo. So, we can move on from those. Still think Tony McEntee would be at the high end of hopes, not sure what to make of John Evans, as far O Flatharta, Carr, Glenn, not for me.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:32 am

jim wrote:
What are you  suggesting Stonecold that none of the  2015 should be handed a jersey again.....

Let them earn the white jersey, let them wear the green jersey for O'Byrne Cup & league. People talk about previous players like Glenn, Paddy Donoghue, John Crofton them men bled for the jersey. Come championship time the white jersey should be handed to the starting 15 by the team of 98 and told they are borrowing it.

Glen gets my vote for manager.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 am

Hard to disagree with that Stonecold
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Not often I find myself agreeing with you stonecold, but I think you're right on the money with this one, great post.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Well lads I think there are a few names being bandied about.
Realistically Glenn is the most obvious candidate as he would want to do it and wouldn't demand as much cash. As for this idea of player's meetings or him being old-fashioned well give the man a chance.
The fact is many of the journeymen managers look and talk the talk but have no substance.
Option could be a joint management team as seems to work in Mayo so there are options to fit him in with someone else.
McStay is being tapped up by the Rossies. Tony McEntee might fancy it too. I'd be terrified to go down the route of the well-travlled lad who has been involved in half the feckin country.
We have to have some realism too with Cian O'Neill. He is involved with Kerry and has an excellent repuatation. He might fancy being a main man but would he fancy it unless he had decent resources?

We just need to get this one right. If it means a joint management thing or whatever so be it. One thing though whoever comes in needs a full support from everyone and the players can't use another manager as a mudguard. They need to step up too.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 pm

I don't care who we get as long as the players are behind him and he actually coaches the team in the correct manner and has some plan. We have NO CHANCE of getting the likes of Jack O Connor or Cian O Neill imo so we should leave that one alone.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Glen Ryan now 1/2 on Paddy Power. Looks like its going to be him. Would be a good choice in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Haha punters must have been looking at Fone's post dismissing Glen and lumped on
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Yeah let's have the players pick the next manager.. I'd say some don't want glen cause they'll be gone if so.

Anyway pp have glen at 1/2 favourite.. hope their right.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:28 pm

flourman wrote:
Haha punters must have been looking at Fone's post dismissing Glen and lumped on
my information  came  from players  father.  Did not see your name on list  all knowledge  of game yuu have or lack of it more like it flourman
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 pm

fone wrote:
flourman wrote:
my information  came  from players  father.  Did see name on list  all knowledge  of game or lack of it more like it flourman

Eh?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Spot on SC.. Jersey should be earned and not just a given.

I hate this shite of Fellas coming back, or opting out, and then coming back, and then straight in again.. Come back in when You have proved You are good enough or have that feckn desire to deserve it.. I have attended a lot of Senior Training Sessions over the Years, and One thing that I always noticed was, JD was always first on the Pitch and the last One off it.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:45 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Spot on SC.. Jersey should be earned and not just a given.

I hate this shite of Fellas coming back, or opting out, and then coming back, and then straight in again.. Come back in when You have proved You are good enough or have that feckn desire to deserve it.. I have attended a lot of Senior Training Sessions over the Years, and One thing that I always noticed was, JD was always first on the Pitch and the last One off it.

I think we all agree with that. When the new man comes in the players can't have the easy opt-out and if they don't do well then be asking : What is wrong with the manager. The players aren't playing for him, etc.

It's a fresh start with whoever and players can't hide either. They must take their fair share whatever happens. That goes for whoever is going to take over, take their fair share but not all the blame.
Lads being realistic about our current plight we will not get a star name so we may stay inside the county and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:47 pm

One of the most annoying things is that over the next 4 to 6 weeks we are going the see some tough championship action and there is no manager in place to attend these games ( well officially ).
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
One of the most annoying things is that over the next 4 to 6 weeks we are going the see some tough championship action and there is no manager in place to attend these games ( well officially ).

You can be fairly sure, whether He gets it or not, Glen will be at them, as He is for most every Year.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:16 am

Turned off for a while from here but lets be honest we need someone who is going to bring us forward and a bit of pride back in the jersey and no matter who is picked they won't be every fans or players choice but for me i would like to see Glenn getting it (if he interested in it) and developing a team which he is capable of - personally i like the style of the 2nd in command ala mc guinness and gallagher / fitzmaurice and oneill.
Would like to see Glenn as manager and Johnny Doyle as 2nd in command with 2 selectors.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Welcome back Micky..
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Micky i think that would be the dream team. Both unbelievable players, captains and leaders of men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next