Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:28 pm

jim wrote:
Micky i think that would be the dream team. Both unbelievable players, captains and leaders of men.

Throw in Dermot aswell, and tell Me anyone that wouldnt want to do their best for those 3 ?.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:41 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
jim wrote:
Micky i think that would be the dream team. Both unbelievable players, captains and leaders of men.

Throw in Dermot aswell, and tell Me anyone that wouldnt want to do their best for those 3 ?.

Well first off I think with a fresh slate 'playing for the manager' talk has to go. They play for the county and have to play for their county.
I think with our finances inside men are the only option. Glenn has IC experience and someone like a Dermot would be good. I think Johnny might be a bit close to the lads still but he should be incorporated at some level underage.

Glenn is the obvious choice as any talk of big names are notional with our state of affairs. Better to get men who are committed to the county and then spend a bit on background expertise that can make a huge difference.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 1:55 am

So the Manager is irrelevant ?.. Id say Jim got more out of most Players with Donegal than the SAME Group of Players were given for their COUNTY previously.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Jimmy McG brought a lot more than motivation to the table. I'm not saying a Glenn/Johnny/Dermot team wouldn't. It's a good starting point to have standing/respect but you'll need a helluva lot more than that.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Need to get a bit realisitic too of our current position we are in Div 3 and well back the Championship pecking order so for me the next 2-3 years and the next manager is about rebuilding and putting a bit of pride back in the jersey - as a lot of lads have said the county boards hands will be tied regarding costs and the expectations of a high profile manager, lets consolidate and start building a team for that will have a serious chance against Dublin in the 2018 Championship - that to me is a realistic goal

Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Yes by all means plan for the future but live for the now. Next season's goals for me are Leinster u21 title, promotion back to division 3 and last 12 in Championship or if do go out to a Division 1 team, we go out with our boots still on. All realistic and all measurable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:04 pm

If I hear the phrase "pride back in the jersey" one more time.

I may just put my foot through the screen.
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Freddy Krueger wrote:
If I hear the phrase "pride back in the jersey" one more time.

I may just put my foot through the screen.

pride back in the jersey..... btw I sell screens, what time will u be in Wink
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:29 am

Dinny Breen wrote:
Yes by all means plan for the future but live for the now. Next season's goals for me are Leinster u21 title, promotion back to division 3 and last 12 in Championship or if do go out to a Division 1 team, we go out with our boots still on. All realistic and all measurable.

Back to Div 2 Dinny.. Very Happy we are not in Div 4 just yet.
Back to top Go down
Flyer
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:01 am

Stonecold wrote:

Let them earn the white jersey, let them wear the green jersey for O'Byrne Cup & league. People talk about previous players like Glenn, Paddy Donoghue, John Crofton them men bled for the jersey. Come championship time the white jersey should be handed to the starting 15 by the team of 98 and told they are borrowing it.

LOVE THIS, pity would never happen though.

Again, realism is our option, promotion in the league and fighting performances in championship/backdoor are what we need right now. Our minors & U21 have produced, they just need a stable platform to join and kick on. I like the idea of a group or duo to take over, rather than one man's vision...vary hard to find leaders like Mickey Harte, Jim McGuinness or Micko these days.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 am

Must be some movement on this ? ? ? ? ? any names being bandied about at the weekend's games all i am hearing is Glenn at the moment
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 3:02 am

That's because he is the most obvious and realistic option. If we are spending money going outside we can't afford to get any real big-hitters so we will end up with a journeyman who will pick up a cheque and go.
If we are going to waste money on some lad like that it's pointless and we may as well go with one of our own.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:08 am

Someone said to me yesterday they heard its going to be Cian O'Neill. Also heard separately that it won't be Glenn Ryan. So many people saying different things each time the manager position becomes available though. It's hard to know who to believe.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 11:38 am

Wouldn't worry about a delay, more important to get it done right than get it done quickly.
It would be a bonus if the new man could see the end of the club season but the candidates being mentioned are hardly strangers to the Kildare club scene anyway.
Also if Cian O'Neill is a candidate I'd imagine we'd have to wait until after the AI final to speak to him properly.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Interview with Cian O'Neil on KFM on sunday next. From the clip I heard this morning he is really enjoying himself with Kerry and has not given any thought to becoming manager himself. Looks like we will have to look elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:43 am

Cian O'Neill has a good job in CIT, is involved with a top top tier team and he must know deep down the county finances won't allow him prepare as he would wish.
If things got back on track I'm sure he would love to come on board but I'm sure he is getting invaluable experience with Kerry that will help Kildare at some stage down the line.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 am

Glen Ryan 1/2, Cien O Neill 2/1... 16/1 Bar... Looks a 2 Horse Race at the moment anyway.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 am

Keith Bar at 16/1 could be the value
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:07 am

Or Johnny Barr
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:14 am

Both wrong.. Roseanne Barr.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:30 am

Neesons Bar
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 am

you're all barred, get out
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:58 am

Being more serious, the more time goes on the more it is likely it won't be Glenn. There is no current manger in the way so if he wanted it or they wanted to give it to him what's stopping them.

I know there is supposed to be a four person committee to make the choice but we all know unless there is a secret pot of Gold in the County it will be a native. If it is going to be a native it looks like our former Captain is the man for the job. So why do I get a horrible feeling we'll see a journey man rock up and send us all into depression.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:21 am

Rex Glen or Cian O Neill are not going to do it for nothing as it's a full time job if it's to be done right. So this idea of we've no money let's get a local has to be put to one side. We need to start saying we've no money so we need to get money. The mentality has to start changing fast.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:57 am

Jim, the reality of the situation is that we have been looking to raise money properly for years. Unfortunately McGeeney is long gone with his contacts, Club Kildare has been neutered by Croke Park and our own County Board, there is no secret benefactor like some Counties, no diaspora to tap into and no big sponsors so we are basically goosed unless one of the above changes.

Yes I know it's a full on job, but if a person like Glenn Ryan who we all had as a hero and gave everything he had and more for the jersey won't do it due to lack of funds then we may as well pack the tent up and go home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next