Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.

Go down 
+59
topcat
Gaa1928
tpos
Dido
All down the line
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
kelf
totalgaa
Ogie
Hereallweek
ixus
bag of white
clonmullin
le hit in
flourman
smokey
the young lad
standhimup
mick87
bob12
TommyKeegan
Westside
kildaregaa365
walsheman
lillyboy
steviegenius
Radley Park
Ohtoohtobe
Kildareman83
murof
Cill Dara Mick
milltownmary
Bigfullforward
OutTheGap
rob11
LillieLad
Celbridgelad
bloodsub
kickingking
lilysavage
reichenhall
thelads
Botch
Bad News Baba
overthebar
onthewayup
micky murphy
lomond
Lillydreams
White Bridge
Lily8
Flamingo
ohluckyme
jim
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
Caprea
Frankel
SeamusMurphy
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:32 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:
Between the army and the Aussies we are getting it from all sides.

It dosent help us anyway Baba.. The Army was always seen as a Friend of the GAA's, this seems to have changed quite a bit in the last few Years.. I believe some of those Young Lads (from Kildare) currently in Training are being sent to Galway and Cork.
 You have hit the nail on the head.   In previous years lads, and ladies, from the general Kildare area were trained on the Curragh Camp and posted to units close to the Curragh.   Over the last number of years soldiers trained on the Curragh can be posted anywhere in the country and can sometimes take a number of years the get transferred back to this area and some of them might even settle down in their new county and remain there for years too come.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:05 pm

It is their Job Botch, You are right, however, it was always seen as very important for Defence Forces Members to represent their "JOB" in Playing Inter County Football and Hurling.. Not too many Kilkenny Lads being Posted to Cork or Galway Id bet Ya !.

As for getting off Work to Train.. If your Boss wasnt understanding, Id doubt You would be making the County Panel, with the amount of time and commitment thats required these Days !!

Your spot on 1928.. and I was chatting to One of our Senior Panelists, who fears He may be posted to Cork or Galway in the coming Months.. He reckons it will be Logistically impossible to continue Playing in White, and half Joking, He said maybe He would be wearing Red or Maroon next Year... Its bad enough We are losing Fellas to Aussie Land, without Young Lads with Talent to other Counties.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Dermot Early spoke recently about Players Retiring earlier, and the demands that are now required..and he stated that thanks to the support He got in the Army, it allowed Him to Play on that bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Dermot Early spoke recently about Players Retiring earlier, and the demands that are now required..and he stated that thanks to the support He got in the Army, it allowed Him to Play on that bit longer.

Séamus, although only a few years has passed since Dermot retired things have changed significantly in the Army. Dermot was also fortunate to be an Officer in the Army and have a very high profile. It's a bit harder for young enlisted personnel to secure the amount of time off that's required even for club football. I wonder how many of the Dublin or Kerry team are in the Army.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

exactly my thoughts 1928 things and times have changed ,however i still believe officer types or already established inter county players might still be able to swing it,but its a shame that a player of Fitzpatricks calibre should have to withdraw from the county panel,from what i remember he was one of the stars of the minor/vec teams a few years back.I assume that he is not training in the Curragh,is this his last year at u21 level ?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:20 pm

these young lads must do these trip to lebanon and syria as part of their training as well as they are only on 5 year contracts
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 am

fone wrote:
these  young lads must do these trip to lebanon and syria as part of their training as well  as they are only on 5 year contracts

Spot on fone.. but sur as botch said,"its their Job" and "they have being getting away with murder for Years".. Do You fancy a 6 Month break to Syria Botch ??

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 am

Anyway, back on Topic.. I see Ray Cahill Scored 2 - 06 for the Sash, whats His story re: the County Panel ?.. He has being consistently good over the last few Years, and I would put Him ahead of some Lads starting at the moment and coming on.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 am

Why was Callaghan taken off at half time for Naas on Saturday? Is he injured?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:23 am

As I said.. No grudge against the army but if they have to go abroad to do their stint they have to go. Its part of their training. If I was in the army and it was part of my training then tough on me. I have to go. As anyone else would
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 am

Cahill although a very good player at club level I feel just lacks a little at county level. Maybe I am being a bit harsh
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 am

Botch wrote:
As I said.. No grudge against the army but if they have to go abroad to do their stint they have to go.  Its part of their training.  If I was in the army and it was part of my training then tough on me.  I have to go.  As anyone else would

Its not part of their Training, its part of their Job as UN Peacekeepers.. and I can tell Ya, they are well Trained before they get near an over Seas Trip.

Anyway, on Cahill. You might be right, but we wont know until He gets a fair crack.
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Adam tyrrell and Ray Cahill were both part of the squad at the beginning of the year and were let go! Probably most consistent club footballers over last few years
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Cahill maybe, Tyrell no
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 pm

In fairness Murnaghan was a man that most felt was well able for county but didn't get a chance, still isn't really.
On a side issue I see players will be available for the next few rounds of the league...
I just don't get it. Has Tommy Moolick played for Leixlip this year it did he just train fully fit and waited for a cameo v Laois.
Cathal McNally was in the bench too, surely a game for JTB would be no harm. Or what about lads who are in the twilight zone who don't play at all?
It never changes and it's not good for the game overall.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Cathal McNally played for JTB against Towers last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 pm

kickingking wrote:

That's something at least. But I still think and always said it lads should not be in 'camp' so much and playing for the club does no harm.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Flamingo wrote:
kickingking wrote:

That's something at least. But I still think and always said it lads should not be in 'camp' so much and playing for the club does no harm.

Without doubt. Training is no substitute for competitive games.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Ballymore drew with Straffan today in Division 2. Rob Kelly came on in the second half for Straffan and made a huge difference. Ballymore were 5 points up at the time but were lucky to hold on for the draw in the end. Great player.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:44 am

I heard that Adam Tyrell scored 1-09 against Celbridge last night, 1-08 from play.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 am

Heard something similar Gaa1928, excellent scoring from a very talented player, Cahill scored 0-09 for Sarsfields last night, only 4 from play mind you but not bad shooting all the same!!

Sarsfields v Confey was a very good game last night, hard to believe Confey lost their first two games based on what I saw last night!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Thats terrific Scoring again from Cahill, and Adam Tyrell, and they say we have no Talented Forwards in the County ??

Monasterevin 0 - 17. Kilcock 0 - 05.
Eoin Stapleton was outstanding for Monasterevin, and Wayne Fitzpatrick Kicked 11 Points..
Eoin Powerdly and David Duke impressed for Kilcock.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:31 pm

How many players has Ryan brought into the panel that have made a difference, or how many has he improved their performance. It looks to me he has taken McGeeney's players some who are three years past their best and mixed them with players he didn't think were good enough and then reduced other players performance.

There are players in the County who are playing well at the moment as shown in this thread yet never get a call up. Maybe they don't want to and that's their business but Ryan should be all over them like a rash

The league is over and it has been a unmitigated disaster, the squad should be culled and new blood brought in.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Not sure about a cull. Players just playing with no confidence. Lets face it. Playing well the Kildare club league is a step below county level in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:44 pm

I agree with Baba completly.. lets look at the Players that are Performing Week in Week out consistintly and ask the question.

You are right Botch. there is a huge step up of course, but We wont know until we try them.. One thing for sure is we need to do something, its not just going to cure itself.

One thing about dropping down a Division.. it will allow a New Management time to come in, and hopefully re build a Team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.   Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senior Leagues, Results & Player watch.
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next