Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board

Go down 
+38
Cilldara_2000
hawker
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
overthebar
moatesports
kelf
topcat
Radley Park
totalgaa
shoutitout
Celbridgelad
lilywhites on tour
nuxer
Cill Dara Mick
Botch
SeamusMurphy
Shergar
ixus
lilysavage
murof
kickingking
Gaa1928
greyfox
OutTheGap
Jimmy winning matches
Bad News Baba
Flamingo
Ois
kildaregaa365
jim
rob11
Lily8
milltownmary
LillieLad
TommyKeegan
intheback
KFSAM
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 2:16 am

Not so sure about a style of play. We see it year in ear out. Some squads at underage are suited to different styles of play. A good squad can play any way. A bad squad has to adapt tot limit the other team and win the hard way. You just have to see what type of players you have before you decide on the style of play imo.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:31 am

Light at the end of the tunnel? Glad if these thoughts are actually being discussed. Also re snake, the original crest! Speaking of which can anybody identify what is on this Crest from 60's Pa Connolly? Interesting shirt, seems that the captain only had a crest on his jersey. A bit of useless information but nonetheless interesting!
Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 <a href=Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 411" />

Seems to be on Davy Dalton's shirt in this from 56 Leinster final:

http://gaelicart.com/gaelicart/kildare/kildare-leinster-senior-football-champions-1956.html

The oul lad reckons it was the old county arms! Would be interested if anyone could say what was on it.

Last edited by lilywhites on tour on Fri May 08, 2015 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:41 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Kildare hope to appoint Dermot Early as head of Football for Kildare Gaa. Cian Oneill as Senior Head Coach with Brian Lacey and Brian Murphy also heavly involved. They will also work with the juniors (which next year they will use as a feeder team to the limited 32 man senior squad) and the u21's. Hackett's position as minor manager depends on how they go this year. They want Dermot to oversee everything football related for Kildare Gaa and work closely with Cian Oneill to develop a style football to uniform at every age group and senior level. There are also other names being mentioned but i believe this is there first choice.

If this came to pass it would be great, really great. Cian O' Neill in charge with Murphy and Lacey along side and Dermot involved would definitely make the mouth water. I wouldn't get my hopes up though we tend to always steal defeat from the jaws of victory.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:48 am

Looking at all (11) of cill dara micks posts over the last while......mmmmmm ....hard to take this post too serious...... be nice if it was close to true....... confused confused
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:50 am

Buzzkill Booooooo!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 6:53 am

they have 2 or 3 high profile managers they will target when ryan is gone
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:56 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Kildare hope to appoint Dermot Early as head of Football for Kildare Gaa. Cian Oneill as Senior Head Coach with Brian Lacey and Brian Murphy also heavly involved. They will also work with the juniors (which next year they will use as a feeder team to the limited 32 man senior squad) and the u21's. Hackett's position as minor manager depends on how they go this year. They want Dermot to oversee everything football related for Kildare Gaa and work closely with Cian Oneill to develop a style football to uniform at every age group and senior level. There are also other names being mentioned but i believe this is there first choice.

I really am amused that people must think that the above mentioned can just pack in their day to day jobs/careers and just save Kildare football. Dream on lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:12 pm

overthebar wrote:
Looking at all (11) of cill dara micks posts over the last while......mmmmmm ....hard to take this post too serious...... be nice if it was close to true....... confused  confused

Ah Jez You just burst my ballon and ruined my Weekend otb.. Sad

Did mick really Dream all of this up ?.. If Carlsberg did Sponsor Kildare. sunny
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:42 am

fone wrote:
they have  2 or 3  high profile managers they will target  when  ryan is gone
Any word on who they are? Sounds promising though!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:08 am

LillieLad wrote:
fone wrote:

I said in an earlier post I think the Kildare job is tempting with us playing in div 3 next year. The only way is up imo and I do fancy us to return to div 2 straight away where I think is are level at the minute. Any manager out there must be thinking the same.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 4:36 am

no names given i agree with botch on his post, at least the county board are slow of blocks for new manager
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:14 am

Botch wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
fone wrote:

I said in an earlier post I think the Kildare job is tempting with us playing in div 3 next year.  The only way is up imo and I do fancy us to return to div 2 straight away where I think is are level at the minute.  Any manager out there must be thinking the same.
I agree we are definitely better than showing and we have some decent players coming through. I honestly believe Paul Cribbin can become one of the best players in the country.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 3:23 am

just look at waterford hurlers when u get right mangerment in place
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 4:22 am

fone wrote:
just  look at waterford hurlers  when u get right mangerment in place  
True but it does help if you have an AI winning minor team from 2 years ago to build a young team for the future. But have to agree that their manager does look more impressive than ours!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:30 pm

murof wrote:
fone wrote:
True but it does help if you have an AI winning minor team from 2 years ago to build a young team for the future. But have to agree that their manager does look  more impressive than ours!

Beat me to the punch murof... throw in All-Ireland colleges' winning teams with a core of experience including multiple All-Star winners and then a free-taker who doesn't miss from 70m in (poor guy is out for the year now)... of course it didn't stop Waterford supporters castigating Derek McGrath pretty viciously at the end of last season, calling for him to be sacked, nailed to the cross etc etc, despite all he had achieved at underage and colleges' level and having just done one year... Nine months later, he is now the second coming. Truth is, he has always been an excellent coach and if he got sacked last year, he'd still have been an excellent coach
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:07 pm

murof wrote:
fone wrote:
True but it does help if you have an AI winning minor team from 2 years ago to build a young team for the future. But have to agree that their manager does look  more impressive than ours!

We had a Leinster Minor Winning Team 2 Years ago, the 1st in 22 Years I might add.. and how many are on the Senior Panel ?.. None !
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 9:46 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
We had a Leinster Minor Winning Team 2 Years ago, the 1st in 22 Years I might add.. and how many are on the Senior Panel ?.. None!

Seamus - apart from Neil Flynn, who else from that minor team of 2013 would you have on the senior panel at the moment? After watching them play for the Under-21's this year, I think the likes of Mescal, Houlihan and Sherry are not quite ready yet. A lot of the Under-21 team of 2013 have found it tough at senior level so it would be a big ask throwing these lads in.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:37 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
We had a Leinster Minor Winning Team 2 Years ago, the 1st in 22 Years I might add.. and how many are on the Senior Panel ?.. None!

Seamus - apart from Neil Flynn, who else from that minor team of 2013 would you have on the senior panel at the moment? After watching them play for the Under-21's this year, I think the likes of Mescal, Houlihan and Sherry are not quite ready yet. A lot of the Under-21 team of 2013 have found it tough at senior level so it would be a big ask throwing these lads in.

Should some not have been brought in to get them involved in the set up and ready them in Time ?.. These Guys also won it the hard way beating Dublin in Parnell in the Semi.. How do we know their not good enough until they are tested at that level ??

Maybe you are right and none of them are up to it.. If so then we are in trouble, as argubly the Best Minor Team in Ages in the County has yet to produce a Star.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:48 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Should some not have been brought in to get them involved in the set up and ready them in Time ?.. These Guys also won it the hard way beating Dublin in Parnell in the Semi.. How do we know their not good enough until they are tested at that level ??

Maybe you are right and none of them are up to it.. If so then we are in trouble, as argubly the Best Minor Team in Ages in the County has yet to produce a Star.

I thought some of the Under-21's did get added to the senior panel? I'm not saying they are not up to it, just that I don't think they are ready yet.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:57 pm

As far as I know none were Johnny.. I suppose there's not much point in Jason bringing them in now to develope for a New Man coming in.. He should have done that previously.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Ive was talking to my mate on the CB the other day and has informed me that the crest change (the snake) is in advanced stages of being approved with O'Neills. O'Neills hold the patent for most county crests so other brands cant replicate the jerseys. I believe the crest will be fairly plain with Cill Dara at the top and a green snake on white back ground.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:18 am

Is Mark Sherry not on the senior panel, pretty sure I seen his name some where.

As this is a thread about the chair and the board any thoughts regarding the county draw, how did it go in your club ? It went well with us and according to the grapevine it went well in most clubs which surprised me somewhat
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:58 am

I was told M Sherry, D Fitzpatrick and Colin Heeney were training with the squad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6