Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board

Go down 
+22
Fear An Geata
lilywhiteforlife
if_in_doubt
gaaweb
the real 15
mrblobby
tomcruise
Sam1928
Loads of Pints
gaaman
FearBan
LG1988
Onhisboot
Jimmy winning matches
ElGuerrouj
Horsebox
centreback
Rex
GaaHead
walsheman
kildarecat
Kaiser Sóze
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Empty
PostSubject: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:47 am

Championship wont go ahead, however there is competition as shown below from Co Board:

As Kildare are going so well in the championship, the next round of the championships at Senior, Intermediate and Junior will not take place until at least the middle of September. With this in mind it was agreed at the County Board Meeting last night to run a separate competition for all clubs who would like to partake. There will be a competition at Senior, Intermediate and Junior level for the 1st Team in every club. It was agreed to put up an attractive prize for each section winner. It is hoped that this will give the club players meaningful games.
If your club would like to take part could you please email me with your details before 5.00p.m. on Friday the 6th August. It is hoped to start the games next weekend. Further details will be issued when we know how many teams will be participating.

Mise le Meas,
Caitlin Ui Neill Runaí

Does anyone know what this is, when its being organised, what are the prizes on offer?

Will the biiger clubs throw the toys out of the pram because they didnt get what they wanted in terms of the Championship in the coming weeks and not enter it?

Will it work?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:20 am

If I have to be honest it has all the hallmarks of a smokescreen to deflect away from their spineless decision to have a show of hands instead of the balls to say yes? or no? as regards the championship going ahead next w/end.
Let someone else foot the blame.

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board 51070239_4ae6fad978
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:26 am

i think its a great idea,wats the prizes???championship isnt going ahead before kildare play so get over it!!!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 am

walsheman wrote:
i think its a great idea,wats the prizes???championship isnt going ahead before kildare play so get over it!!!

So we should all agree with what the walsheman has to say??, in the said poll as regards whether the championship should go ahead, well since the last time I checked it was 30 against and 15 for, hardly a tiny minority on here!!!.
Would like to see the breakdown as to the club affiliation of those who voted at the county board meeting which would give a much clearer picture as to why people from certain clubs voted the way the did.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 am

yep thats right agree with me!!!
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:41 am

I've never disagreed with walsheman, i'm hardly going to start now.

Ashe out, Walsheman in.....
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:26 am

What is the beef kildarecat????? Do you realistically think Championship matches were going to be played this weekend, when Kildare have probably one chance to win an All-Ireland for another generation? Can the so called BIG clubs in the county not put their views aside for once and get behind the county team????

Plus what is more open about a vote than a show of hands.... Ballots allow people to hide....

And if you have an issue with County Board meetings, put yourself forward at your club AGM to be the delegate and go about changing matters....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 am

Kildarecat has nothing to moan about now. First it was Geezer, then it no O'Neill at full back, now it's this.

Some lads are never happy.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:00 am

GaaHead wrote:
What is the beef kildarecat????? Do you realistically think Championship matches were going to be played this weekend, when Kildare have probably one chance to win an All-Ireland for another generation? Can the so called BIG clubs in the county not put their views aside for once and get behind the county team????

Plus what is more open about a vote than a show of hands.... Ballots allow people to hide....

And if you have an issue with County Board meetings, put yourself forward at your club AGM to be the delegate and go about changing matters....

Am I correct in saying that its the county boards responsibilty as regards when or where fixtures in the county can or can't be played, not the clubs??.
My point been!, wouldn't a simple yes or no have sufficed instead of bringing a vote [ a vote incidently they were well aware would come down heavily in favour of the decision that they the county board much preferred and Geezer & Co much preferred] the suspension of all games of course!, but by bringing the vote it exonerates them and puts the ball back in the clubs court, when in fact its not the clubs responsibilty to decide when the fixtures are to be scheduled, but the county board themselves, it seems so many of you are as usual or to be more precise conveniently missing the point so as to have a pop at the kildarecat!.
Did the Down County Board go for a face saving show of hands when they announced that they will have a round of championship games?.
As for getting behind the team, I'm a long time now behind this team and many previous Kildare teams, why the hell did I bother to join a site called "The Kildare Fans Forum" if I did'nt have a geat love for Kildare Football???.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:32 am

kildarecat i really dont understand your arguement the clubs voted and the majority wins are you saying we should go with the minority??

by the way love the name kaiser soze thats class you need a good avatar to go with it now
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 am

................................,-~*`llll... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

For heavens sake there should'nt have been any vote at all, surely I've explained myself? then again maybe not?.
Just because I like others on here were in favour of playing a round of championship games and don't believe the whole Kildare football scene should revolve around the county team you're an ogre?.
You would swear there's a requirement for a fleet of ambulances at every county championship game for heavens sake.
Well if you're playing Round Towers it might be advisable to have an extra St Johns on standby Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:36 am

Would you agree kildarecat to the championship going back to 3 games in group stage if it was to be played next weekend??
So that moorefield, I mean Kildare can be represented in Leinster?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:44 am

if the county board had said a simple no to champ games bein played before the a.i. semi you would be given out that it didn`t go to a vote by the clubs
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:54 am

all i can say is

THIS NEW COMPETITION WILL BE GREAT
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 am

In principle it sounds like a good idea so fair play on them taking a bit of initative..
My only worry would be that most of these clubs have played each already in the league, will play each other in the "new" comp, perhaps play against one another in c'ship, then it starts all over again with the league next year. Many teams will get fairly sick of the site of each other..
But sure hopefully it works out will be interesting to see the format and how many clubs enter.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:14 am

I'd say a good few clubs will opt out of this
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 am

why moorefield think they run kildare gaa. about time they thinking county team

Last edited by fone on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 am

well said!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 am

here here
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:33 am

I'd say you could go again there fone
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Sheep
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:41 am

that the curragh of kildare cheers
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:42 am

I said it before and I'll say it again, there are a certain number of people involved in clubs that would rather the Kildare team did F*ck all as it interferes with their little world.
You would think we reach the semi's every year they way it's being portrayed.

The problem here is democracy, the majority of the clubs wanted to delay the championship. This has not sat well with certain people unfortunately that's the way democracy works, the majority get their way.

According to the radio St.Laurences and Moorefield wanted a round played. It didn't go their way.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 am

correct jme was them two clubs. larries and moores should made play league final next weekend
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 am

Hypothetical situation JME, Kildare make the league final and then have another extended run in the championship through the qualifiers next season.
Whats your solution then JME? surely there has to be a compromise somewhere between club and county.

BTW is there not a cut off point for every county to have their championship finished by a set time, if I think correctly its the 10th of October?, if Kildare make the final which is hardly an unrealistic dream, we're then miles behind as regards all the various championship.

So I just turned up at Croke Pk last week just to see Kildare disappoint, almost insulting!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next