Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board

Go down 
+22
Fear An Geata
lilywhiteforlife
if_in_doubt
gaaweb
the real 15
mrblobby
tomcruise
Sam1928
Loads of Pints
gaaman
FearBan
LG1988
Onhisboot
Jimmy winning matches
ElGuerrouj
Horsebox
centreback
Rex
GaaHead
walsheman
kildarecat
Kaiser Sóze
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:17 am

You never answered my question kildarecat would you agree to the group stage in the championship being changed back to 3 games if we were to play the championship next week? Would you agree with that.

There's nothing like a county board bashing thread to bring ElGuerrouj out of the woodwork.
Welcome back me ould flower, it's been a while!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 am

Sorry fionn, well one things for certain the days of the one game knockout are well and truly gone and to be perfectly honest it makes perfect sense from a financial point of view so nobody can blame the county board for wanting a few more thousands at the turnstlies.

Well to be honest fionn, my preferred way to run the championship would be have 4 groups of 4, with the top two from each group contesting the quarter finals with the winners of one group playing the runner up of another etc, and the bottom teams in each group playing off for the relegation places, its not going to be any less games but I don't like the current set up of pure randomness, I still think there is ample time in the season to get most of the games out of the way even if the county team are successful.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 am

The county board is made up of the club representatives, a decision like postponing the ch'ship dates would have to go to a club vote, the executive can't take that decision themselves, although they can certainly support it.

It is definitely frustrating for any player or mentor to have to postpone ch'ship for possibly a further 2 months,

I think everyone who has been following kildare would like to give them every chance to get to and win the all ireland

I have sympathies with both sides of the argument, maybe a round of club championship could have been fitted in this weekend, the co team would still have had 3 weeks to prepare, it would have done no harm for the players to get back to their clubs for a week after 6 weeks on the go.

But the decision has been made, If thats the sacrifice we have to make for Kildare to win Sam, then i won't be complaining in September.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 am

kildarecat wrote:
New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Sheep
the moorefield supports
Back to top Go down
LG1988
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 am

The county board gave the clubs the choice to vote therefore Moorefield and Laurences had the right to vote whatever way they wanted to.
I don't think it's about the 'big' clubs or anything, I think it's a case of thinking of the rest of the lads on teams lying idle for a longer period.
Also, the county champions should have the right to represent their county in the Leinster club and I think this is the county boards responsibility to ensure this happens.
OBVIOUSLY we all want Kildare to win an All Ireland and I think it's just ignorant to assume clubs have motives and don't want the county to go well...I just think clubs have to think what's best for everyone and not just the county players!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 am

Out of curiosity e.s.b, from each postponement so far the games would have all been refixed and postponed again etc everytime Kildare were victorious so there was noway they could have played them as Kildare were out the last 6 weeks on the trot, was the postponed fixtures actually refixed for this w/end??, feel free to let me know otherwise, so could the county board have just said to hell with it! we're playing those fixtures without calling for a vote?.
With 4 weeks of a gap surely nobody could really argue!.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 am

god get over it!!
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Could anyone suggest potential prizes for the competition?
Besides money what else would attract a club at this stage?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:39 pm

Potential prize would be the winners represent Kildare in the leinster Championship this year and take the heat off running the competition like a blitz to meet the October 10th deadline.

Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 am

A set of brand new Polo Shirts for the winning teams? Wink

(this was due a mention again by now)
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 am

fionnmccool wrote:
There's nothing like a county board bashing thread to bring ElGuerrouj out of the woodwork.

Haha, nice
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:16 am

gaaman wrote:
A set of brand new Polo Shirts for the winning teams? Wink

(this was due a mention again by now)

1953 called. It wants its joke back.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:02 am

A complete red herring imo.Nobody will have the stomach for this unless they are desperate.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:40 am

the prize sud be a training weekend away or something!!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:24 am

fionnmccool wrote:

Very Happy and I thought I was being nice to them on this thread!!??
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:55 am

County board bashing thread?
More like a Kildarecat bashing thread as the sheep from that other forum followed the leader, at least a few sensible souls joined the debate late on last night and took the lopsided look off the thread.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:30 am

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 4574-Anthropomorphic-Sheep-Violinist-Playing-A-Violin-Clipart

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:52 am

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Fat-cat-with-beer-and-tv.jpg
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:50 am

ANyone any actal info about the comp?? Be very interesting to see what clubs go for it! The reserve championship is set to start this week to so getting big squads for this competition wouldnt be easy for most clubs. My guess is that it wont' happen.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:55 am

kildarecat wrote:
County board bashing thread?
More like a Kildarecat bashing thread as the sheep from that other forum followed the leader, at least a few sensible souls joined the debate late on last night and took the lopsided look off the thread.
looking sympathy from me u must joking
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:41 am

Kildarecat, you seem to disagree with everything that the majority agree with. You are more than welcome to your opinion, however wrong I or anyone else may feel it to be but believe it or not people on this site are thinking for themselves!

We don't all live in "messiah Sos" land and believe it or not we all have minds of our own, it might suit you more to stop following your club officials like sheep, as you suggest we are doing!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 am

Kildarecat, On the masters fixture list drawn up at the start of the year, the weekend on 7/8 aug was pencilled in as the provisional date for round 3 of the ch'ships, There was never a proposal to play before this weekend as league rounds were still being played up till last week, so this is the 1st time the fixture has been changed since originally agreed and that is why the vote was necessary.
However it is obvious that co board had already decided to postpone the ch'ship games as the draw for rd 3 was never made, and it would have needed to be made at least a fornight in advance of the games being played.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 am

Marcus, I give an opinion however strong it maybe, its your prerogative whether you want to agree or not?, one thing I always do is respect other peoples opinion and never resort to juvenile put me downs, the amount of anti Moorefield jibes I got since I joined this forum often having nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter just billboards your and many others prejudices.

"Messian Sos" the latest!, was there really any need for that?, you could quite easily have stated your point without the juvenile retort?.

Oh and fone I wouldn't flatter yourself I'm not courting any sympathy, I'm well able to fight my own battles.

Cheers for that esb, yeh the failure to make the draw is a bit of a giveaway!
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:53 am

But calling everyone who agrees with postponing round 3 of the football championships a sheep isn't juvenile...
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I suggest you go back to the second page of this thread marcus, someone said something along the lines,
"Why Moorefield think they run Kildare GAA about time they started thinking of the county"

just have a look at the next 4 or 5 responses to the above quote, if there not sheep like responses I don't know what is? almost robotic like!.
No attempt to debate their point of view just another wonderful opportunity to have a go at Moorefield and to a lesser extent the Larries, basically just shut up or put up!.
Tiresome guys, tiresome!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board   New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Competiton proposed from Kildare County Board
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next