Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board

Go down 
+38
Cilldara_2000
hawker
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
overthebar
moatesports
kelf
topcat
Radley Park
totalgaa
shoutitout
Celbridgelad
lilywhites on tour
nuxer
Cill Dara Mick
Botch
SeamusMurphy
Shergar
ixus
lilysavage
murof
kickingking
Gaa1928
greyfox
OutTheGap
Jimmy winning matches
Bad News Baba
Flamingo
Ois
kildaregaa365
jim
rob11
Lily8
milltownmary
LillieLad
TommyKeegan
intheback
KFSAM
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Might be my mistake but thought they meet tonight. Could be wrong
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Cant see in any way how the Clubs could back Jason going forward !!

Will they be even asked ?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:30 am

Good article on Roscommon in todays Indo. With a small population they have found ways of getting people involved including some sponsoring the lease of the bus and others driving it for free! The bus in the county colours is made available at a small cost to schools which all contributes to promoting the team and getting young players to feel proud to be a Rossie.
Hopefully the CB might read it before the meeting tonight and get them thinking. Of course it helps to have a cute Kerry man as manager, worked well for us the one time we tried it!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 am

The meeting tonight is important, if it passes by without as much as a whimper we know we are as good as finished. If there is a bit of blood letting then at least it shows people care.

As much as I want him sent packing back to Waterford, he'll probably get the Chairman's confidence vote and we'll continue through the year like an extra from the walking dead.

He is as the Americans would put it "a Lame duck manager". He won't be here next year, he knows it, the players know it and the supporters know it. Everyone just going through the motions waiting for a swift end to a total disaster.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 am

I would agree that Ryan will not be there next year
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:39 am

Does any body think that Jason Ryan is being used as a scapegoat??? Some of the most talented ballers in the county wont even play..... Joe Kavanagh (robertstown) is probably THE Most talanted baller in the county. Ciaran Gravin (Clockarinkoe) has the best left foot this side of the Shannon. Willy Heffernon (Nurney) is the midfield powerhouse were crying out for. Ever since Rob Kelly has gone off the squad we have dropped 2 divisions.........These are the real reasons were doomed My friends.
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:34 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Does any body think that Jason Ryan is being used as a scapegoat??? Some of the most talented ballers in the county wont even play..... Joe Kavanagh (robertstown) is probably THE Most talanted baller in the county. Ciaran Gravin (Clockarinkoe) has the best left foot this side of the Shannon. Willy Heffernon (Nurney) is the midfield powerhouse were crying out for. Ever since Rob Kelly has gone off the squad we have dropped 2 divisions.........These are the real reasons were doomed My friends.

what have you been smoking
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:38 am

John Evans deserves a lot of credit for Roscommons rise from Div 3 to Div 1, and One thing He wasnt afraid to do was bring trough Minors and u21's, as He also did with Tipp.. Jason didnt bring trough any, and has being far to loyal to the current / previous Panel imo.

Jebus Mick, Joe Kavanagh and Willie Heff as the answers, are You serious ??

Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:12 am

Its not only them lads why the hell is Niall Flynn and his Cousin Luke Flynn not on the panel either………we HAVE the players were just not using them. theres also the issue no players on the starting team from county champions Moorefield…….surely Tyrell, Houlihan and Hurley-Lynch deserve the shout….
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 am

Reports coming from the county board meeting is that the chairman isn't entertaining a debate on Jason Ryan and a review will be held at the end of the season.

Another mug and yes man overseeing Kildare GAA.

Jason Ryan is the very very least of our worries folks
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:26 am

no review until end of season
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:38 am

That's fine then, I'll not be giving another penny to them this year. I'll review it at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:21 am

Typical! Too late at end of season. What is actually going to change in the style, direction and actual general play of the team!! Not to be so openly pessimistic, but this is a waste of a year. In saying that however I will still go to the matches and support the lads!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:08 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
That's fine then, I'll not be giving another penny to them this year. I'll review it at the end of the season.

Stupid comment. You won't be missed, anyone who expected change in management midseason knows fook all about the GAA.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 am

Predictable response from the CB. What has Donnelly actually done since being elected?? Of course I'll go to matches although i deliberately planned to be overseas for the Dubs game if we manage to get over the Queens (I don't think we will). Depressing waste of a year...well done CB.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:22 am

lilysavage wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:

Stupid comment.  You won't be missed, anyone who expected change in management midseason  knows fook all about the GAA.

Ah yes, so because it's never worked before, best not change it. That's the spirit. As intercounty players' careers shorten, this means a much greater percentage of their career just got wasted. Was nothing to lose, but why try win.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:34 am

There is a lot of deadweight in this current kildare panel. We all agree that there is little hope of any silverware this year so why not blood the young lads in this year? similiar to what the clare hurlers did in 2012 and look at the results they got the following year. If the u21 lads arent called in soon there will be no shortage of offers from American clubs.
I have been at 3 league games this year and when you compare the standard of club football with the league in Dublin we are light years apart.
The only way I see us getting anyway close to the dubs (if we beat laois) is by following Derrys template but in all honesty I would rather be beaten by 10+ points than play that style
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:52 am

lilysavage wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:

Stupid comment.  You won't be missed, anyone who expected change in management midseason  knows fook all about the GAA.

I don't think is it I will go the matches myself but I can't blame anyone not wanting to part with their hard earned cash to look at the shite that manager has us playing. I wouldn't give a fuck what type of football we played if we bet the dubs I'd be delighted!! There's more hope of me growing a vagina than that happening though.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 10:00 am

Is there anything to be said on a side note, for outside help. What I mean is why doesnt Ryan call in the likes of Brian Murphy a good motivator, and one who knows the majority of the players inside out for help? Somebody down at the training ground to offer a few ideas! Even Earley or JD, to be working with the players in training. It is common knowledge that last year, in Tipperary when they lost to limerick in a game totally within their control - munster first round - the manager Eamon O Shea called in Brendan Cummins to work with the team on the training ground. His mark for example on the goalkeeper Darren Gleeson was visable; a much more confident guy in the latter stages of the championship. Also Liam Sheedy was called in to help out and the mental strength of the tipp boys improved hugely. It might sound a bit far fetched, but why not give it a go?? Surely there is nothing to lose from a similar thing in our training ground.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 am

Yeah I think it would definitely be a positive in bringing in someone like Dermot, Johnny or Brian, Glenn would be a good shout too. The ideal person would be Tony McEntee we can live in hope though.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:36 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Yeah I think it would definitely be a positive in bringing in someone like Dermot, Johnny or Brian, Glenn would be a good shout too. The ideal person would be Tony McEntee we can live in hope though.

That is the problem my friend, no Dermots, Johnnys,Brians or Glenns on the pitch never mind off it.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:08 pm

Think most of us on here think and feel the same really. We love and support Kildare. Most of us have for years and will continue for many many more years to come. What has got us down is only a few short years ago we were on an upward curve. Some of us will remember playing Waterford in league games with less than 100 people in the stand, this is only a decade ago. Then things changed, we were getting to A.I. 1/4 finals and even a semi was reached. Yes we didnt win what we probably could/should have had but we were there. Young kids wanted to join clubs and be the next JD. Parents brought kids to Croke Park with the hope they would see Kildare win big games that they themselves only saw when there were a kid themselves.

Now we find ourselves in Div 3. Days and nights in Croke Park seem a life time away again. How this happened exactly we all have an opinion on and I don't really want to get into it but I will ask this. Is everyone as hurt as us that we are in the position we are in? Do the people that voted the last manager out for whatever reason they had now think it may have being the wrong choice all be it with hindsight? OR are those people now happy that they will get to play club football in June and July as Kildare will have exited the championship by then?

Kildare fans are asking what went wrong and are blaming the people that make the choices. But what if the choices them people made are now the correct choices for what they wanted to happen in the first place. What if them people didn't want Kildare to succeed? What if all they were worried about is having their club players available for their club matches and don't give a rats what the County does?

If that is the case I have two questions;
1. DO clubs think they will be stronger if the county is going bad? Will young kids that are watching other sports on all sorts of devices now, think that they will still have kids wanting to play GAA or will the kids want to play soccer or rugby all the more cos that is what their hero's play?

2. If the people that make the choices want Kildare to fail where does that leave us supports that want to see Kildare win? Are we to give up? Are we suppose to just follow the club scene? Or maybe we are to go follow soccer or rugby too.

I love following Kildare. Meeting people at matches that I don't know their name, what club their from or anything about them. But what I do know about them is they have one thing in common with myself and that is they would follow Kildare anywhere. They would travel from Kerry to Derry to cheer on Kildare. These supports want Kildare to win. Want Kildare to achieve things they haven't for almost 90 years. I just wish I believed the people at the top wanted Kildare to win as much as I do.

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

LillieLad wrote:

Yep. As I said in an earlier post this would be a good idea. Maybe not Dermot or Johnny as they are too close to the players but just a fresh face. With a little bit of freshness in the training etc. Just to get the players mind in a better place.

I think we all knew that ryan would not be sacked. Although the CB will not address the issue now at least we know the story. It will be the end of the season before the discussion takes place. So lets get on with it.

We all complain about the county board (myself included sometimes) but there is hardly a queue of people looking for the jobs every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Why stop or prevent a healthy debate from taking place at a monthly meeting of delegates.

What if someone on the floor of last nights meeting came up with a proposal to put to Jason Ryan & his bunch of merry men as in adding a member of backroom, S&C coach anything that was going to benefit Kildare come Championship time.

The Chairman of Kildare ruling out a debate on the matter is a big 2 fingers, a big fuck off to every person in Kildare who pays their club membership and elects County Board delegates at their club AGM on an annual basis only to be told its not up for discussion and a review will be held at the end of the year.

The same clubs who are being asked to move €100 tickets.

We won't have too long to wait Ger.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:12 am

lilysavage wrote:
Bad News Baba wrote:

You carry on throwing good money after bad. It's your type of supporter that this CB love. Willing to give them money for little or no return.
As long as they have simpletons like you willing to hand over the money you have earned, that you have spent the week working for, then nothing will change.

I have followed Kildare for decades and spent my money on them for decades. I have had enough. Last night took the biscuit.
No crisis the Chairman says, out of order to discuss the capitulation of the Senior County team, the Chairman says.

When is the right time then, how bad do things get before we as a County put the brakes on and go no further.

Why the hell would I spend my money, my families money on Kildare when no one in Hawkfield seems to give a rats arse.

You go ahead, I'll spend my time and money on other things for once.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board   Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ger Donnelly and The Kildare County Board
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next