Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

panel news

Go down 
+33
Borderline
reichenhall
Radley Park
Ogie
Big Full Back
Hereallweek
bloodsub
le hit in
mick87
rob11
topcat
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
kildare12
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
walsheman
kildaregaa365
Lily8
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
Onhisboot
Flamingo
TommyKeegan
Bad News Baba
lily4fr
lillyboy
Caprea
Botch
LillieLad
SeamusMurphy
Jimmy winning matches
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

panel news - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 5:21 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
What if Fellas only decide late on their going ?.. Maybe they feel they are not certain to start, or there is not much point, as maybe the case this Year.. Whatever the reason, One couldn't blame them.

I was thinking the same. If you were a young player who always thought about going travelling at some point and you could see how bad the set up is at the moment wouldn't it be a good time to go? You could be back in a few months for the club championship and then get back to intercounty training later in the year hopefully with a new manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

because this year, now, the way things are going, it is exactly when we need fellas to stick together, stand up and be counted show a bit of loyalty. Not take the easy option and jump the sinking ship!!
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
What if Fellas only decide late on their going ?.. Maybe they feel they are not certain to start, or there is not much point, as maybe the case this Year.. Whatever the reason, One couldn't blame them.

So if a season doesn't start well, players shouldn't bother seeing it out?

Seasons turn around all the time. Kildare got a hiding off Louth in 2010 and I left Navan that night thinking we were further away than ever. About three months later we were a fingertip from an All-Ireland final.

This time last year, Kerry were obliterated by Cork. Few weeks later the shoe was on the other foot.

Of course what these examples have in common is that no-one abandoned ship in between.

Anyway should reserve judgement looks like a few people here including me jumped the gun on Hyland let's wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Umpire.. "sinking Ship" is about right..

So Otb.. A Fella who has put in all the commitment up to now, and feels that He wont start, or maybe is feeling a bit hard done by, shouldn't take up an offer to Travel or pursue other goals etc ?.. Hyland, Thomas and a few others fall into that category imo.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Wouldn't there be guys in every panel in Ireland that would feel like that? If every fella took that step, wouldn't there be just 15-man panels, or maybe 20 at a stretch? And if it was in panels that have no chance, wouldn't we just have an eight-county (max) All-Ireland championship?

That's why people like Roly and Hendy were so important and revered within their groups. The last few years, they weren't getting game-time and they worked just as hard. That's how you maintain standards. The other way, is how standards slip. It's also why the successful counties never EVER have the 30 most skilful guys in the county on their panels.

I say all of the above while acknowledging a guy's right to go where he wants. I'm just saying if I was coming in as manager next year and a guy did that, he would have a lot of work to prove his leadership and attitude to me. Because if he's done it once, he can do it twice. And good luck to him. Just not much good to Kildare.

Tomás would be different. He has put in 10 years, earned his stripes. Like the racehorse, his form is in the book with regard to his commitment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 6:24 pm

100% agree Ogie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 6:56 pm

100% agree Ogie
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:40 pm

That's 200% then Umpire !
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 5:13 am

Seamus I think Ogie's summed up well and I agree. All I'd add is there's a difference between O'Connor's case and the two players being discussed on this thread. O'Connor clearly wasn't likely to get much if any game time in the championship whereas Flynn and Hyland could end up fairly central to our plans.

Anyway there seems a lot of doubt whether these rumours are even true so let's wait and see.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 12:01 pm

He did indeed sum it up well Otb.. and I to hope they are only rumours... I am aware that quite a few of the U21s are heading Stateside for the Summer.

Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 12:42 pm

From what I have heard since these rumours came to the fore is that neither Hyland nor Flynn have left or plan on leaving the panel this summer...could be wrong but heard it from a reliable source close to the panel. Of course that could be horse s**t at the same time in an effort to fend off those rumours.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 11:45 pm

umpireonditch wrote:
Dan 'the Bomerang' Flynn off Stateside for the summer I believe...

so i take it ump your not happy with Dan's decision to take a break....?
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:14 am

Flynn is entitled to go where he wants as are all the lads if they so wish. Thing is it shows that our better players just don't want to know when things start to go bad. Don't think we'll have any more "Seanie's" looking to win medals with us for a while. God, that was some embarrassing period in our history, a time to be forgotten in my opinion.....

Meanwhile the queens gave Carlow an almighty hammering tonight in the championship, they come looking for us next. While we are a better team than Carlow we would have to be worried about this one considering our position at this time.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:42 am

...i'm confused by your post Bor..are you saying that Dan is abandoning ship ?
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 1:43 am

Not saying he is or he isn't, he can do what he wants as far as i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Dan is going as far as I know, I'm just so sickened by what's happening to us lately. Dan has done and always will do what suits "Dan" and no one else. It's such a downer to be a Kildare supporter now and I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better unfortunately.

I used to give awful slagging to the Laois boys I work with when their lads were heading of to the states for their summer football, never for a moment thinking it would be happening to us as well. I really am dreading our game with them in 3 weeks time after the trashing they gave Carlow on Saturday evening.

Maybe its just me but I think Kieran McGeeney has a lot to answer for seeing the state Kildare football is in now. So many things went on during his reign that we all knew was wrong but we put up with it in the hope of a shot at an All-Ireland title, more fools us. Just look at the money we spent and all for what, two O’Byrne Cups and a Division 2 National League title .... WOW..

He dismantled club football, made us a laughing stock by recruiting that finest of Kildaremen, Seanie Superstar Johnson who wasn't long dropping us when things went wrong and finally achieved what he always wanted, managing the Armagh senior footballers..
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:14 pm

If we lose to laois that group of players will have to wait up to 4 weeks to play again. That's if they have the stomach for it. I won't be surprised to hear that 2 or 3 others have decided to take the plane.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:25 pm

I hear we drew with Sligo today in a challenge game! Don't know if that is good or bad!!
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Borderline you said the seanie debacle was a time to be forgotten and then you posted about it a second time... nobody else is talking about it build a bridge!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Borderline wrote:
Dan is going as far as I know, I'm just so sickened by what's happening to us lately. Dan has done and always will do what suits "Dan" and no one else. It's such a downer to be a Kildare supporter now and I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better unfortunately.

I used to give awful slagging to the Laois boys I work with when their lads were heading of to the states for their summer football, never for a moment thinking it would be happening to us as well. I really am dreading our game with them in 3 weeks time after the trashing they gave Carlow on Saturday evening.

Maybe its just me but I think Kieran McGeeney has a lot to answer for seeing the state Kildare football is in now. So many things went on during his reign that we all knew was wrong but we put up with it in the hope of a shot at an All-Ireland title, more fools us. Just look at the money we spent and all for what, two O’Byrne Cups and a Division 2 National League title .... WOW..

He dismantled club football, made us a laughing stock by recruiting that finest of Kildaremen, Seanie Superstar Johnson who wasn't long dropping us when things went wrong and finally achieved what he always wanted, managing the Armagh senior footballers..

Troll. No need for further reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:35 pm

milltownmary wrote:
If we lose to laois that group of players will have to wait up to 4 weeks to play again. That's  if they have the stomach for it. I won't be surprised to hear that 2 or 3 others have decided to take the plane.

If they do, they shouldn't get back into it too easily.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Ogie wrote:
milltownmary wrote:
If we lose to laois that group of players will have to wait up to 4 weeks to play again. That's  if they have the stomach for it. I won't be surprised to hear that 2 or 3 others have decided to take the plane.

If they do, they shouldn't get back into it too easily.

That's fair enough.

We'll learn a lot about the mentality of our players over the next while.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:31 am

topcat wrote:
I hear we drew with Sligo today in a challenge game! Don't know if that is good or bad!!
I'd say it's bad tbh Sligo are fairly shite. Every year I look forward to the championship, this is the first year I'm not, it's painfully obvious of what's around the corner. I would be absolutely shocked if we bet Laois. I just hope the new managers instils pride back into the jersey and has a tactical plan of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:50 am

LillieLad wrote:
I would be absolutely shocked if we bet Laois.

Eh... we beat them about six weeks ago. On their home pitch.

Look I understand it's a dangerous fixture and I'd see it as about 50-50. Just think the negativity is getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:30 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
LillieLad wrote:
I would be absolutely shocked if we bet Laois.

Eh... we beat them about six weeks ago. On their home pitch.

Look I understand it's a dangerous fixture and I'd see it as about 50-50. Just think the negativity is getting out of hand.

Look at you, with your sense of perspective!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: panel news   panel news - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

panel news
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next