Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offaly v Kildare

Go down 
+39
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
jimmers
lilysavage
OutTheGap
teedee
kildaregaa365
losthope
Ogie
Kildare98
bob12
Westside
lillyboy
naked-lilly
white boy
tpos
Onhisboot
steviegenius
jim
lilywhites on tour
Ohtoohtobe
Radley Park
bag of white
MD
moatesports
onthewayup
totalgaa
clonmullin
bloodsub
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Big Full Back
topcat
Shergar
SeamusMurphy
kickingking
Taibi
murof
Bad News Baba
Gaa1928
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 1:28 am

flourman wrote:
Pretty sure that was a drawn game with Sligo. That the one played in Tullamore Ogie?

I stand corrected flourman. Think that's the one.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 2:40 am

Looking forward to overconfident Kildare visiting Tellamore !!!!!!

Unfortunately I wont be there but will have the old wireless tuned in from Manorhamilton,,,,,
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 2:51 am

kelf wrote:

Looking forward to overconfident Kildare visiting Tellamore !!!!!!

Unfortunately I wont be there  but will have the old wireless tuned in  from Manorhamilton,,,,,

Don't think overconfident, visiting and Tullamore can fit in the same sentence anymore. Hurling or football.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 am

Nearly afraid to post this but the Offaly v Dublin or Kildare match will be at 3pm on the Saturday. Why KE/Dubs only get a 6 day turnaround when Antrim and Fermanagh fixture is set for Sunday 5th I do not know.. How does that make sense? Dubs will be well and truly knackered after losing to us and having to travel half way down the country.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 8:14 am

Link below is to a GAA wallchart suggests that it is Munster and Connaught losers on our side for round 4?

http://www.gaa.ie/content/downloads/wallcharts/football_wallchart_2015.pdf

Saw on another section of the GAA site that suggests it is Leinster and Munster!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 7:58 pm

Master fixture list said Munster and Leinster when I looked at it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 8:40 am

Thread renamed again - hope that doesn't offend anyone.

May as well use this for Saturday's denouement.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 8:51 am

Game now seems to be 2pm on GAA.ie..
At this rate it'll be a 5 day turnaround..
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Crofter wrote:
Game now seems to be 2pm on GAA.ie..
At this rate it'll be a 5 day turnaround..

Might be because Offaly hurlers are playing away in Clare at 7.00 p.m.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

From GAA Fixtures
GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship 2015
Round 2A
Offaly V Kildare
O'Connor Park
More info
3 00 PM

Referee: Conor Lane
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
From GAA Fixtures
Round 2A
Offaly V Kildare
O'Connor Park
More info
3 00 PM

Its on the main page of the Official Kildare Gaa Website and the Official Gaa.ie website for 2.00 p.m. ????????
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Brady-10

V

Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Images10

A meaty affair in store, this game could cut to the bone and if things go wrong we could be hamming on in the end.  No

Will travel in hope, changes need to be made and not just the big one but certain players having been picked on name rather than performance of late. Will it be Ryan's last stand or will he survive for another week.

Moolick and Kelly to start, any number who they could replace.

Looking for the last sting of a dying wasp type performance. Anything to annoy your man Nolan.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 am

Perhaps a silly question - but why do Meath (for instance) get a two week break before their qualifier while we get (less than) a week? Any logical reason?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:11 am

Crofter wrote:
Nearly afraid to post this but the Offaly v Dublin or Kildare match will be at 3pm on the Saturday. Why KE/Dubs only get a 6 day turnaround when Antrim and Fermanagh fixture is set for Sunday 5th I do not know..  How does that make sense?  Dubs will be well and truly knackered after losing to us and having to travel half way down the country.

That's thanks to Leinster Council. The qualifier dates were set and not for the first time, they decided to make it as hard as possible for one of their teams. But then Dublin are the cash cow and once they get to play in Croke Park for as many games as possible in the Leinster championship, they don't give a shite.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:13 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Perhaps a silly question - but why do Meath (for instance) get a two week break before their qualifier while we get (less than) a week? Any logical reason?

Just another fuck up of the most inequitable system you've ever seen. We have already talked about Laois being out and playing four games before Sligo played one. The qualifier dates for the two different pots that still don't make sense to me are different. The provincial dates are fixed by Leinster Council. They could have played Kildare-Dublin a week earlier but obviously wanted the double-header.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 1:47 am

Ogie wrote:
tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:

Just another fuck up of the most inequitable system you've ever seen. We have already talked about Laois being out and playing four games before Sligo played one. The qualifier dates for the two different pots that still don't make sense to me are different. The provincial dates are fixed by Leinster Council. They could have played Kildare-Dublin a week earlier but obviously wanted the double-header.

There was a concert in Croker last week. Not the first time a few quid will be put before player welfare and it won't be the last.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 3:51 am

To be fair, most lads might as well have not played a game since the Laois replay. They've had a right good break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 am

I hate to harp on about management Tommy but they set the tone.

You see it in the body language of every Kildare player Sunday that they didn't believe they could beat Dublin and performed as much. No conviction and barely one physical hit or tackle went in. McGeeney said it wheb he too over us that Kildare were a soft touchand easily bullied.

Monday morning I'd say not one Dublin player felt like he done a 10km run let alone a "battle" with the near neighbours.

I expect a big response from the players Saturday.
I'm not one to criticise individual players by name but there are 2/3 lads that are simply not good enough for this level.

Others being played out of position and thus not performing to his level resulting in abuse which even I would be ashamed to be associated with .
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 6:59 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Brady-10

V

Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Images10

A meaty affair in store, this game could cut to the bone and if things go wrong we could be hamming on in the end.  No

Will travel in hope, changes need to be made and not just the big one but certain players having been picked on name rather than performance of late. Will it be Ryan's last stand or will he survive for another week.

Moolick and Kelly to start, any number who they could replace.

Looking for the last sting of a dying wasp type performance. Anything to annoy your man Nolan.
i nearly called it boggers all ireland saturday
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:22 am

Well to confirm your point Freddy I popped out for lunch yesterday and who should I run into only Paul Flynn. Let's just say he did not have the demeanour of a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

So, anyway, the Offaly game. Probably the biggest fear I have this week is morale. Sunday was a fourth consecutive humiliation to Dublin. It raises serious questions about Kildare football over the next few years, and probably the Leinster championship itself. That's a lot to absorb in one week.

With only a six-day turnaround, you'd have to wonder about the players' frame of mind going into this game. Considering the relative depth and quality of the squads, with the right attitude and tactical approach we should be blowing Offaly away. But everyone knows what I think of the manager at this stage so let's not go there.

Even if we park Sunday for the moment and accept we were destroyed by one of the best teams of recent years, I cannot forget how diabolical some of the league performances were. If we play as badly as we did in some of those games, Offaly could make a game of this and they might actually win.

I'd choose to err on the side of optimism but I'm afraid I'm all out as far as the current set-up is concerned. Just hope the team can get their heads right and turn in a good performance after last Sunday's debacle (Kildare supporters really are well acquainted with debacles and fiascos).

As they say, you don't know which Kildare will turn up - last Sunday we didn't turn up at all. That would be a good start on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Big Full Back wrote:
From GAA Fixtures
Round 2A
Offaly V Kildare
O'Connor Park
More info
3 00 PM

Its on the main page of the Official Kildare Gaa Website and the Official Gaa.ie website for 2.00 p.m. ????????

They've changed it from 3pm to 2pm....
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm

RTE are saying Hyland and Mulhall are off to the states. How many players is that now that Ryan has waved good bye to.

I might get a call up soon.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:29 pm

I'm sure it might be elsewhere but off the top of my head

Foley, McGrillen, O'Connor, Daniel Flynn, Brophy, Hurley, Hyland, Mulhall
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Dont forget JD
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 pm

clonmullin wrote:
I'm sure it might be elsewhere but off the top of my head

Foley, McGrillen, O'Connor, Daniel Flynn, Brophy, Hurley, Hyland, Mulhall

Foley  -   Probably past his best at inter-county level.

McGrillen  -  A lost I would feel.

O'Connor/Mulhall  -   Only panel players will little game time and none in the championship.

Daniel Flynn   -   Was always going to do his own thing.

Brophy/Hurley  -   Gone to play professional sport and earn a living.

Hyland -   Disappointed with him and the management in so far that the dogs in the street knew that he was going yet he was still retained on the panel.

I am not a supporter of J.Ryan however I don't think we can blame him for all these departures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offaly v Kildare
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next