Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offaly v Kildare

Go down 
+39
Jimmy winning matches
Flamingo
jimmers
lilysavage
OutTheGap
teedee
kildaregaa365
losthope
Ogie
Kildare98
bob12
Westside
lillyboy
naked-lilly
white boy
tpos
Onhisboot
steviegenius
jim
lilywhites on tour
Ohtoohtobe
Radley Park
bag of white
MD
moatesports
onthewayup
totalgaa
clonmullin
bloodsub
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Big Full Back
topcat
Shergar
SeamusMurphy
kickingking
Taibi
murof
Bad News Baba
Gaa1928
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 pm

At this rate the new management team won't have a panel to choose from. There nearly gona have to hold open trials for players.
Actually come to think about it I think that's what should happen hawkfield should hold open trails for the senior and junior teams and invite anyone that thinks they have it to attend. That way no one can say no one got a chance or there's better in the county
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Whatever about Mulhall, it's a bit of a disaster Hyland going. If the reports are correct, we'll probably be without Lyons (broken finger), Bolton (broken rib) and I'm not sure if Peter Kelly will be ready. Looks like Gavin Farrell or Cian O'Donoghue will be needed and they haven't played all year...
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Give youth a go.no point in keeping players on panel and not playing them it's time to start all over again need to bring in 15 new Players and cut same number from panel don't forget it's division 3 from now on
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:38 pm

You can add Conway to that list, looking dodgy now even for those of the most rose tinted persuasion.

Looks like the back line could be

O'Grady, Farrell , Fitzpatrick

Doyle, Murnaghan, O'Donoghue.

Moolick to Midfield, Chalky to center back could cover it a bit, but if Moolick runs out of steam... trouble I think.

Bet no one seen that back six as possibly starting back in January.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:56 pm

You can say its not completely the managements fault but there really seems to be a rotten feel to the whole set up.. I dont want to harp on about Mcgeeney but this never really happened under him and if they feel there was something to fight for it wouldnt of happened under Ryan, to be fair the sooner the season is over the better.. A whole new revamp of management, squad is needed. These have been two disastrous seasons. A sad state of affairs.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:57 pm

onthewayup wrote:
At this rate the new management team won't have a panel to choose from. There nearly gona have to hold open trials for players.
Actually come to think about it I think that's what should happen hawkfield should hold open trails for the senior and junior teams and invite anyone that thinks they have it to attend. That way no one can say no one got a chance or there's better in the county

Ryan did that at the beginning of his tenure tbf.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:12 pm

moatesports wrote:
Give youth a go.no point in keeping players on panel and not playing them it's time to start all over again need to bring in 15 new Players and cut same number from panel don't forget it's division 3 from now on

That is the most ridiculous comment of the year!
Do you really think that there are 15 better players in the county? Maybe one or two but I would imagine those who are not on the panel are not for a reason. Don't cod yourself into thinking for one minute that Kildare is awash with quality to such an extent that there is a whole load of it playing away for their clubs having never been asked at least to try out for the county.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:13 pm

thats whats needed hold trials now get a panel sorted for next year and get show on the road with new management team and panel of players and win div 3
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 pm

moatesports wrote:
thats whats needed hold trials now get a panel sorted for next year and get show on the road with new management team and panel of players and win div 3

There y'are - simple as that!
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 am

Bad News Baba wrote:
You can add Conway to that list, looking dodgy now even for those of the most rose tinted persuasion.

Looks like the back line could be

O'Grady, Farrell , Fitzpatrick

Doyle, Murnaghan, O'Donoghue.
I forgot about Conway and that defence does scare me a bit, particularly the full-back line.

Having watched Kildare underage teams over the last while, I can't think of any really good full-backs/corner-backs that have come through recently. David Hyland and Paul Mescal have played there but I think they are better half-backs. I'm not sure if's down to the coaching or if lads don't want to play there but I think it will be a problem for us in the future.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:44 pm

moatesports wrote:

How can you hold Trials now when we dont know who the New Manager is ??

Jason said after the Weekend, that the future was bright for Kildare, after the great showing by the Minors.. Eh Jason, we Won a Leinster Minor Title in 2013, the 1st in 22 Years, and how many of them did you bring trough ?, none.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:32 am

Kildare 4/9. Offaly 5/2. Draw 15/2. The spread is Kildare - 2 @ evens.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Eh Jason, we Won a Leinster Minor Title in 2013, the 1st in 22 Years, and how many of them did you bring trough ?, none.

Seamus who from the 2013 minors do you think is ready for senior inter-county championship football? Bit young yet when they'd only be 20 or less?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Eh Jason, we Won a Leinster Minor Title in 2013, the 1st in 22 Years, and how many of them did you bring trough ?, none.

Seamus who from the 2013 minors do you think is ready for senior inter-county championship football? Bit young yet when they'd only be 20 or less?

Im not sure Otb, and maybe You are right, but these are possibly the future, and when is a good Time to start introducing them to the Inter County scene ??

P Mescal, N Flynn, Luke Flynn and Ryan Houlihan are Lads playing well Club wise.. Im sure there are a few more of them who also stand out Club level.. I appreciate its a huge step up from Club to County, but we wont know until tried.. If I was the new Manager coming in, I would be looking at some of these Fellas.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:30 am

With the injuries, defections and battered confidence we are in a bad place for this match. If Offaly decide to get really stuck in it could test our self belief to the limit.
I dont subscribe to the theory that we should blow them away, we are now both Div 3 teams. Our likely back line is not one to inspire confidence but imagine if a few of them pick up injuries, what then. Our best hope is to adopt an attacking approach and run up a big score. We should really have scored 1-19 last sunday and that should be more than enough to win this one.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

Is Niall McNamee fit for this game for Offaly? If so, who will mark him?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:54 am

Will there be anyone left to mark him? I'd be confident of beating Offaly with a full team but if we're handing out a couple of championship debuts in defence their forwards will do damage.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 2:23 am

bag of white wrote:
Is Niall McNamee fit for this game for Offaly? If so, who will mark him?

I'll be amazed if he didn't play - from hoganstand article he wanted to play against Waterford, so injury can't be that bad
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:15 am

Well I'm amazed, No McNamee (Niall), well not in the Offaly team that was announced tonight
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 6:46 am

Injured Flourman. But wouldnt surprise me if he appeared.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:18 am

Definitely out hand injury. it will be a new low to loose this game as biffs in a worse place in both codes in many a day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 8:30 am

Offally are a prour GAA county and are probably in nor worse a position than ourselves.

If anyone thinks we're going to their patch to kick them off the park they are deluded. This will be a dogfight . They never fear us
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 9:09 am

Kildare GAA is nearly more of a soap opera than the FAI these days. When the story about Hyland and Mulhall's departures broke, you could nearly hear the Eastenders drum beat starting.

Anyway, taking stock of affairs this week...

Morale in the county at rock bottom - two more player departures, raft of injuries, fourth consecutive humiliation to Dublin, team a national laughing stock bound for Division 3. Offaly will never get a better chance to beat us - and yet I don't think they will.

Oh well, more grief for Pat Nolan I suppose - the week from hell for him. Have to say though, if we get Cavan or Roscommon in the next round I think it's curtains. At least Ryaner finally gets the boot. Think the Munster final probably has the edge as glamour event of the weekend.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 9:11 am

Don't think it'll be a walkover by any means but if we lose it things are worse than even I think..

Saturday will prove if I'm deluded

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

It will be a tough hoor of a game. As matt connor always says the sight of the white shirts raises their game immediately. It will be a huge test of character for the lads. I just hope they can pick themselves up after last week. A huge ask. To lose to dublin is bad enough but to offaly - we would surely never hear the end of it. I would still rather a few games left in the championship than to exit this early. For pride of the county, and perhaps to enhance our chances of attracting a good manager. Im not saying we wil get far, but at least if we were to beat offaly and win a few more making august it would not be as bad - we would show that there are at least a few kicks left in us!!
Onto saturday, here's hoping for a repeat of 2nd half v laois, although I see it being a huge dogfight...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offaly v Kildare    Offaly v Kildare  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offaly v Kildare
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next