Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Sligo

Go down 
+27
Lily8
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
inexile
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
jimmers
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
steviegenius
Frankel
flourman
Flamingo
murof
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
Kildare98
lillyboy
jim
topcat
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Rex
Gaa1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 pm

He can't dine out on that Tyrone game forever. For me if he took the shot early he would be a great player but he has a terrible habit of taking a needless turn or an extra play.
If that bad habit was drilled out of him he would be nailed on at 14. He is a very frustrating player at times in that his talent is not in doubt.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Agree Flamingo, one stellar showing against Tyrone isn't going to cut it in the long run, but looking at the programme last Sunday, by any objective analysis, Fogarty is not hopelessly outclassed by the forward talent in the squad.

His clubmate Padraig O'Neill coming in at full forward - I mean, come on!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:02 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Hmm... I would rank him as least as good as Fionn Dowling I have to say. Bad call from the management if that's the case.

Agree HG.
There's obviously no interest in the lad if he's not getting treatment as part of the panel.
Have no doubts the larries will look after him.. and I'd say he might not have any great desire to go back in.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Have to agree that Fogarty would be a far be better option than O'Neill - I don't think O'Neill touched the ball when he came in on Sunday.
We all know there was some strange decisions made when the League squad was named - Cahill's omission, K Cribben's inclusion (when he'll not be fit to play in the League) above O'Flaherty - being the two main ones that baffled me.
But I still think we are good shape for Promotion and hopefully a competitive Summer that lasts at least to BH weekend in August.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:52 pm

I'd definitely have podge still involved but infairness to O'Neil he's the manager and he calls it as he sees it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 pm

Morgan's omission was a very strange call when you consider as said above Keith Cribbin was selected and is still injured with no game time to date. Morgan would have excelled in my opinion against the teams we are playing. His reading and decision making would have been a great option to close games out.

Fogarty would have been good for a couple of points a game I think against the defenses we are playing against, when we meet better set ups he may struggle but he would have done fine in Div 3.

But the manager makes the decisions and he'll live and die by them.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Hmm... I would rank him as least as good as Fionn Dowling I have to say. Bad call from the management if that's the case.

Fogarty is in a different stratosphere altogether to Dowling. I thought he was very good last year in some matches. He gave a masterclass against Laois in the replay last year. We must have some FF line if he is deemed not good enough.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the decision to drop Podge I think is an absolute disgrace not to look after his injury.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 1:06 am

jim wrote:
Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the decision to drop Podge I think is an absolute disgrace not to look after his injury.

Agree jim.. I have witnessed this previously at underage with other players.. in some cases injured and forgotten about.

Imo podge would be of significant value, and most definitely ahead of others being tryed at FF.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 3:49 am

On the injured players a friend of mine did his cruciate in a trial game when Ryan was there and he got notting from the County board he moved to America and got it sorted over there through his work so with Podge that would not surprise me.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 4:32 am

Separately. I see today's paper listed kildare as having spent more in 2015 than mayo, monaghan, Tyrone and kilkenny.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 am

Spent it on what?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:50 am

We were only 15th highest spenders ffs. Stop looking to complain about everything. Minors got to AI sem final, seniors to quarters and u21 to a Leinster. Roscommon, Derry, Westmeath all spent more than us and they did SFA in any code.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

And hurlers got promoted and reached semi-final in their championship.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Did Tyrone not win the u21 ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 pm

lilysavage wrote:
We were only 15th highest spenders ffs. Stop looking to complain about everything. Minors got to AI sem final, seniors to quarters and u21 to a Leinster. Roscommon, Derry,  Westmeath all spent more than us and they did SFA in any code.

You sound a bit like enda there lilly. . Whingers the lot of ye.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 am

Kildare Team to face Sligo on Sunday is
1.M.Donnellan 2.O.Lyons 3.D.Hyland 4.C.Fitzpatrick 5.K.Murnaghan 6.F.Conway 7.E.Powderly 8.K.Feely 9.T.Moolick 10.A.Tyrell 11.N.Kelly 12.M.Byrne 13.C.McNally 14.É.O’ Connor 15.É.Callaghan
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 9:00 am

Thought Johnny Byrne and O'Donaghoe were very very good the last day, Matty Byrne is very lucky to start imo. Good to see Tommy back.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:33 am

Always a worry when P. Kelly's not playing - hopefully just rested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 am

Agreed flourman, alongside Feelys emergence the most positive aspect of our league campaign for me has been Kelly's run free of injury.

Id suspect he may be giving lads game time to asses them, as mentioned, Byrne and O'Donoghe have performed well so far.

Second guessing O'Neill It looks to me like McNally and Kelly are starters up front and Moolick Feely Cribben and Dan Flynn if fit will all start between 8-12 which would leave two forward positions up for grabs between the rest, O'Flaherty, O'Neill, Leper, Smythy, Sherry, Tyrell, O'Connor, Byrne or whomever emerges from the 21's.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:19 am

Well at least everybody is getting a fair chance to stake a claim for the championship, probably the only benefit of playing in Division 3.    We should get to the league final also which will get us another game and in Croke Park as well.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 am

If I was given carte blanche to select a championship team - sure you'd all love that! - I would go for...

Donnellan
Fitzpatrick
Kelly
Hyland
Lyons
Doyle
Bolton
Feely
Moolick
Cribbin
O'Flaherty
Flynn
Kelly
Fogarty
N Flynn

Would also call in McMonagle and Healy from the U21s and possibly give a few of the old guard their cards.

Thinking back on what O'Neill said about Fogarty, my impression at the time was, he's injured, let's get him right and see how he is.

I didn't think it was as cut and dried as it was with, say, Cahill and M Conway. Could be wrong about that but that's how I interpreted it.

Would definitely be the more sensible approach.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:20 am

Wouldn't argue with that 15 at all HG.
The podge one is odd.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:35 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Well at least everybody is getting a fair chance to stake a claim for the championship, probably the only benefit of playing in Division 3.    We should get to the league final also which will get us another game and in Croke Park as well.

Agreed - Cian is showing a pattern of making 3 or 4 changes per game with most focus seemingly on finding the right half back line and the right forward line.

Full forward seems to be the big problem position. I'm bringing my boots Sunday in case I might get a run out. I'm sure the game hasn't changed much since I last kicked a ball in earnest 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:48 am

Were you a left footed free taker by any chance crofter. . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Sligo
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next