Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Sligo

Go down 
+27
Lily8
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
inexile
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
jimmers
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
steviegenius
Frankel
flourman
Flamingo
murof
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
Kildare98
lillyboy
jim
topcat
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Rex
Gaa1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:21 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Were you a left footed free taker by any chance crofter. . Very Happy

No but I'm happy to put in some practice before Sunday
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 9:17 am

O'Connor must be nearing his last chance, hasn't impressed at all - but maybe he's a top of the ground man.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:13 am

Lads where is mick o grady? Injured or what? Happy enough with the team named although as someone said matty byrne was poor last week
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:33 am

naked-lilly wrote:
Lads where is mick o grady? Injured or what? Happy enough with the team named although as someone said matty byrne was poor last week

He's taken a year out for college I believe

And yes Matty Byrne was poor last week.He probably needs to start delivering with the U21's due back in the panel in the next few weeks
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 1:25 pm

flourman wrote:
O'Connor must be nearing his last chance, hasn't impressed at all - but maybe he's a top of the ground man.

I thought he did alright the last day spraying the ball about when needed, had one horrendous shot that was just booted up in the air if i remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Whose the captain for Sunday,?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Hyland is captain I think
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 pm

To be fair to O'Connor he hasn't seen too much action in the league so far. He had the full second half in Mullingar where admittedly he didn't stand out. He didn't get any run against Offaly or Longford and he only got ten minutes last Sunday. I thought he did ok against Limerick apart from that one shot when he was badly off balance on his left foot. He got a half block on one Limerick clearance over on the barracks sideline which forced the turnover that directly led to one of our final points and he was demanding the ball and making runs every time we were in an attacking position.

I hope he goes well tomorrow. We're not exactly overstocked with inside forwards at the moment and he could provide another option.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:44 am

O Connor definitely deserves a start. I'm not sure if he'll make the step up but tine will tell. We're not blessed with forwards in general. I was chatting to Morgan O Sullivan last week and I was asking him how was he getting on with Allenwood. He said JD is as fit as ever he was.......he hardly would! !!!
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:50 am

Interesting result tonight

Limerick 0-07 Westmeath 3-14

Too late for the league but Westmeath maybe are emerging from their slumber
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Best of luck today boys. I expect 2 points but with Sligo fighting for survival they'll be looking to cause an upset.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 am

Not at it but what the fuck is wrong with us?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:03 am

LillieLad wrote:
Not at it but what the fuck is wrong with us?

We're not very good?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:09 am

Spoke to soon, delighted!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:11 am

Just listening but it's still terrifying to hear this and then watch top-level teams. The gap is the same as Division Three to the first tier in hurling.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:16 am

There killing us when they run at us, are we ever gonna iron out that issue.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:30 am

Fuck sake
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:41 am

Keeping up with that on twitter was murder. God help anyone who went over to Newbridge and paid in.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:44 am

Working today so it was a Kfm job. The lads seem to point that we are opening up too much down the middle and not putting in early hits.
What share of blame will players take today? Are we set up open or are lads not putting the bodies on the line?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:47 am

Ffs. That's cat Mad
Time for a pint.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 2:54 am

Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Panic-button-mobile
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:04 am

I keep running through a summer team in my head and think there are 10-12 really good players straight away that gets me excited. Line-up like Donnellan; P Kelly, Hyland, Lyons; Bolton, Conway, Doyle; Moolick, Feely; D Flynn, N Kelly, Cribbin; N Flynn, O'Neill, Smith. Now obviously just listening in from a far but going from what others say. But then I listen to games and I'm beginning to think firstly these guys aren't as good as we think they are and secondly they aren't as good as they think they are. I mean what have they achieved, what have their performances been like? They are a side playing in Division Three at a similar level to the others in Division Three. Thus, reputations aside, they are Division Three calibre players. Simple as?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:17 am

That was absolutely woeful, I thought last week was as bad as it could get, how wrong was I. Tyrell was ridiculously stupid putting in that "tackle" when he was already on a yellow. Our tackling in general has been very poor this year in the league, giving away numerous frees in every game, when teams run at us, they break the tackle every time so we are coughing up soft goal chances in every game. Up front outside of Niall Kelly who has played well in all the games, we seem to be totally out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:40 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I keep running through a summer team in my head and think there are 10-12 really good players straight away that gets me excited. Line-up like Donnellan; P Kelly, Hyland, Lyons; Bolton, Conway, Doyle; Moolick, Feely; D Flynn, N Kelly, Cribbin; N Flynn, O'Neill, Smith. Now obviously just listening in from a far but going from what others say. But then I listen to games and I'm beginning to think firstly these guys aren't as good as we think they are and secondly they aren't as good as they think they are. I mean what have they achieved, what have their performances been like? They are a side playing in Division Three at a similar level to the others in Division Three. Thus, reputations aside, they are Division Three calibre players. Simple as?

That's something we have to ask ourselves. Like I said the players had a great mudguard in the form of Ryan but are they capable of doing it consistently.
We seem to have lads who play in bursts but can't do it for 70 mins week on week.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 3:59 am

Very disappointing to say the least. No redeeming qualities to speak of in my opinion. Attack was slow and ponderous with little conviction and yet still scored 2-14 which should be enough. 
Defence was awful, didn't track runners, very one paced and easily ran through. 
But the most infuriating aspect is the fact that for 4 years we have been unable to get our tackling up to standard. It's easy to play against us. Get a couple of quick direct forwards and just run off the shoulder and watch the sea part. Why we don't get someone who can coach the tackle is difficult to understand.

As was said, there comes a time when the players have to take responsibility for the performances. That coming after last week is poor beyond belief.

But we got lucky in the other results as both Clare and Tipp lost so it all comes down to Thurles on Saturday week. A win and we go up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Sligo
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next