Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National League Division 2

Go down 
+42
hawker
Highball
white boy
Taibi
Flamingo
smokey
steviegenius
moatesports
micky murphy
Gaa1928
jimmers
Hated in the Nation
kickingking
abl
Big Full Back
Dinny Breen
Shergar
shoutitout
rob11
murof
White Bridge
lilysavage
if_in_doubt
SeamusMurphy
parcel
Botch
Westside
midfieldmaestro
jim
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
flourman
Kildare98
Xavi
Rex
lilywhites on tour
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

National League Division 2  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

Team for Sunday:

Donnellan, O'Grady, D Hyland, Lyons, Byrne, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Moolick, Conway, Kelly, P Cribben, N Flynn, D Flynn, McCormack

no changes
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:48 am

Green jerseys for Sunday match
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 10:24 am

If that team does line out with the U21's on Wednesday, when was the last time we were able to put the same 15 out three times in a row.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Rex wrote:
If that team does line out with the U21's on Wednesday, when was the last time we were able to put the same 15 out three times in a row.

2015 qualifiers iirc.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:34 pm

yeah Longford, Cork and Kerry in 2015 championship

Reliable source Very Happy

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/line-ups-scorers/2015-sf-match-details/
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 1:40 am

Best of luck to the lads Sunday. The cold weather forecast for the weekend brings memories of pretty much every trip away to Derry in the 90's, always seemed to be November or February. 3 years ago they hammered us up there and Brolly couldn't help goading Kildare supporters during the game and in his articles afterwards. Hopefully he attends on Sunday for a taste of his own medicine.

Derry apparently came in with a lot of late hits and cheap shots against Meath. They have 3 or 4 under 21s in their defence. If our lads attitude is right they will win even if they have to line out without both first choice corner forwards.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 2:05 am

Where was that place - the coldest on the island for sure - they used to drag us for league games. Ballinascreen?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 4:43 am

Played 3 times in Ballinascreen in the '90s Tommy. Two defeats followed by a draw in '98.

Before that we also played in Greenlough and Bellaghy.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 4:48 am

Shergar wrote:
Best of luck to the lads Sunday. The cold weather forecast for the weekend brings memories of pretty much every trip away to Derry in the 90's, always seemed to be November or February. 3 years ago they hammered us up there and Brolly couldn't help goading Kildare supporters during the game and in his articles afterwards. Hopefully he attends on Sunday for a taste of his own medicine.

Derry apparently came in with a lot of late hits and cheap shots against Meath. They have 3 or 4 under 21s in their defence. If our lads attitude is right they will win even if they have to line out without both first choice corner forwards.

Am I the only one who thinks this game is no better than 50/50?

Derry in Celtic Park are a completely different proposition to Derry in Navan. They drew with Clare there who we haven't exactly been slaughtering of late. They NEVER lose to us at home in the league. Very blase to say we'll win even without McCormack and Flynn. Who'll take frees for example in that scenario?

Will be thrilled with any win up there but won't be surprised if we lose either.

One thing I would agree with is that attitude is key. If we have the same attitude as the last 2 games we're in with a good chance. Unfortunately we have hardly strung 2 good performances together in the last 4 years, let alone 3.

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 4:54 am

If we are complacent we will not win. Kildare365 is right - derry are a different animal at home. My only memory of beating them up there was in that famous Qualifier in 2010, after a HORRIFIC start from us. Hopefully we can continue good form and our attitude will speak volumes on the day if it is right and replicates what we have given before. Good luck to the lads. I hear they're heading up tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 7:21 am

The very best of luck to all the lads and management on Sunday. Play with the intensity and head up football of the Cork game and we will give it a right rattle. 4 points from 3 games is no disaster especially with two home games to come, but 6 points from 3 games would be unbelievably good. It's there if they want it.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Tommy O'Callaghan reporting that there are likely to be 2 changes to team. Ben McCormack didn't travel (slight hamstring strain).
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Bugger.. hope other isn't Neil Flynn or our scoring options will be severely curtailed.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:56 pm

It was good while it lasted. The Injury's curse strike again.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 am

I know that I am getting ahead of myself but I see next week's game against Fermanagh is scheduled for a 1.00 p.m. throw in.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 am

Rex wrote:
It was good while it lasted. The Injury's curse strike again.

Now the teams are announced Paul Cribbin is out. If we didn't have bad luck with injuries we would have no luck.

Going to be tough now, panel strength tested in two vital positions.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 am

Anyone what the story is with Paul?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:06 am

Fuck this match is getting away from us!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:17 am

Mark Donnellan is a beautiful man!!
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 am

Fuck off
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 2:38 am

As much as things change in this crazy world, we provide that comforting consistency.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 5:49 am

Speaking of consistency and not making any excuses for anyone or anything that happened today in terms of scores given away; balls turned over or wrong decisions taken but twice in the last two matches we have suffered (though to a lesser extent against Cork) through refereeing decisions that were - bizarre, to put it mildly. In both cases decisions made by the referee were overturned AFTER he had made those decisions. In the Cork case a goal disallowed for a double hop (which video evidence showed it wasn't) on the linesman's say so. And that after the goal had been allowed and the kick-out taken. Today a free out (for a clear foul on the keeper) was overturned on the umpires' say so. Two things seem clear - the level of refereeing is at best uneven and at worst really bad once you get past a handful of officials and the farcical situation of often incompetent referees appointing even more incompetent umpires on what is basically a whim is a joke in any sport. Can you imagine the FAI or the IRFU telling a ref to bring his own linesmen?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:00 am

I was explaining to my totally non-sporting wife the set-up with refs bringing a few pals to umpire and she couldn't believe it. She was even less pleased when she realised they were the cause of my mood for the three hour drive that followed. I don't mind a referee consulting with linesmen but he cant signal a free and then consult his pals to see if they might get away with awarding a goal to their neighbours up the road.

Don't get me wrong we didn't deserve to win but when to we ever catch a break from officialdom?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 am

Finally have the time to sit down and throw my reading of todays 'spectacle'. Firstly - a long c*** of a journey was made even longer after we were robbed.....
It was a funny game in that we looked like we could dictate the pace early on, but completely fell out of it in third quarter. I felt always throughout that they had one threat - James Kielt - and if we reduced our free count our position of winning the game would be enhanced! His expert kicking kept them in the game when we should have been firing further ahead.
However, to be fair to Derry, and whilst I despise the way they contained our scoring threat in the Second Quarter - i.e. have 15 men behind the ball - they did it effectively and our scores dried up.

Derry started with purpose and you always expected that they would hit a purple patch at home, but jesus there are NO excuses for conceding 0-6 without reply. Our defence let us down hugely and lack of intensity throughout the field allowed Derry to queue up and fire over as they pleased! I know our backs have been poor this year, but today's performance was abysmal - it was reminiscent of the porous defending that we have become accustomed to over the last few years. Lads were strolling around when derry attacks were made! A complete lack of effort from some.

Nonetheless, we did show some character and resilience to fight back and rescue the game from a loss, and I thought we finished strongly. This was hugely encouraging to see. That was, until the disaster of a goal. My slant on this is that whilst the referee made a bizarre error, aided by his umpires who seemed that they couldn't raise the green flag quicker; we can only blame ourselves and decisions made on our side. What I mean is that like any team who are ahead, our management decided to slow play down and introduce subs. We all know, being Kildare we cant be further ahead until whistle blows to ensure we actually see out a game. I would therefore see the events of conceding a freak goal as we did today as a huge lesson for Cian O'Neill because the time that was wasted when we were ahead was not played after we conceded the goal and we ultimately lost out. He should have encouraged the players to drive on instead of slowing game down.

We were flying in those final minutes - why disrupt the rhythm and momentum??? The ball lost by feely was a terrible mistake also which led to the goal, and this too shows that one cannot let up for one minute - especially if you're a Kildare Player! Yes the Umpires and ref robbed us completely, but we had it in our hands to dictate that final 5 minutes and drive over a few insurance scores. Whilst we can point the finger of blame (and to a certain degree rightly so) there was much that we had in our control that was not executed well today. Work-rate needs to be upped for next day out, and backs need to improve massively.

Whilst we did lose today there were positives and one however moral it is, was our will to fight to the end. This is something that I see as a mark of some progress, but obviously it needs to be worked on. Some of our point taking was top quality especially the last few at the end. We did show that we whilst having the gates open at the back, were good enough to have beaten Derry. Hopefully the next day out the lads will come out guns blazing at home.
One final word - the support. We (fans) were out in numbers today and I think we outnumbered locals by a good margin. This is great to see and long may it continue!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National League Division 2
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9