Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National League Division 2

Go down 
+42
hawker
Highball
white boy
Taibi
Flamingo
smokey
steviegenius
moatesports
micky murphy
Gaa1928
jimmers
Hated in the Nation
kickingking
abl
Big Full Back
Dinny Breen
Shergar
shoutitout
rob11
murof
White Bridge
lilysavage
if_in_doubt
SeamusMurphy
parcel
Botch
Westside
midfieldmaestro
jim
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
bigball
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
flourman
Kildare98
Xavi
Rex
lilywhites on tour
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

National League Division 2  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 1:08 am

“I can see Sunday being a hugely defensive game." - O'Neill.

That would suggest we are setting up very defensively, as opposed to Wexford and Westmeath fun-fests last year! Razz
Back to top Go down
rob11
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 9:40 am

Kildare team:

Mark Donnellan
Mick O Grady
David Hyland
Ollie Lyons
Johnny Byrne
Eoin Doyle
Keith Cribbin
Kevin Feely
Tommy Moolick
Fergal Conway
Niall Kelly
Paul Cribbin
Neil Flynn
Daniel Flynn
Ben McCormack
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 9:43 am

Full strength
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:03 am

O Neill is obviously happy enough with what he saw against Dublin 3rd team, only 2 changes and both of the players in came on at half time the last day!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am

Not surprised by that team, but for me Keith Cribbin is no half back and is a weak link in an already troubled defence.

Anyhow best of luck to them a win would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:22 pm

topcat wrote:
O Neill is obviously happy enough with what he saw against Dublin 3rd team, only 2 changes and both of the players in came on at half time the last day!

Limited options I'd say tc .. hopefully we can grind out something.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Rex wrote:
Not surprised by that team, but for me Keith Cribbin is no half back and is a weak link in an already troubled defence.

Beat me to it, we were trying him there nearly seven years ago (loss to Louth in 2010) and Ryan and now O'Neill have done the same. They all probably want to use his pace on the counter-attack but to me, he never, ever looks comfortable as a half-back.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Piss poor meath team. We have the better players, now we just need the belief and a good kildare crowd to travel up to navan
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Think that team picked itself after what players played the league. If Dowling was fit then maybe he would have got in.
Didn't comment after any of the games so far and its fair to say that we are all thinking the same, nothing new, poor options being taken etc. But in the first 20 minutes of the Dublin game it looked like we had a game plan. Flynn bursts out for the ball bringing the full back with him. This opened up space for the full forward line or runners going through. Why we stopped doing if after 15 minutes I do not know but I think it is something that could get us scores.

If we play with heart on Sunday then Kildare by 2 for me.

Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 4:19 am

If the players heads are right and the tactics are right, its a game we will win.

Negatives - see the last 5 and a half pages of the O'Byrne Cup thread

Positives
- from 1 to 15 our players have more ability and the Meath bench is not going to scare anyone
- Bryan Menton is a terrific player but he can't play 3 places at once. If he's at midfield, it leaves McGill against Dan Flynn. McGill always struggles with bigger full-forwards. If they have to move Menton back there, their midfield is weak. Either way he's not picking up Paul Cribbin.
- Even with Menton out there, we should have an edge at midfield.
- McEntee seems to be trying to re-invent Wallace as a wing-back and play with a 2 man full-forward line. Might be better for us if he does these things.
- Presumably O'Neill has seen them struggle to break down Laois when Laois got numbers behind the ball and slowed them down.

In relation to Keith Cribbin
- Any chance this is a ruse and Shea Ryan or Cian Donoghue start?
- They've had a look at Meath and recognised that Kennelly is a greater threat helping out the Meath midfield than he is going forward and they want Cribbin's height to deal with that.
- As long as he isn't marking Cillian O'Sullivan we could get away with it but Cribbin is a half forward if anything at this level.

Most of all best of luck to the players and management on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm worry about this one to be honest. I'm worried that this team has too many scares and are brittle. They need someone to strip them back to basics and rebuild them. I think Roli will be a massive help but there's huge work needed and a few lads let back to their clubs not became they are not good footballers technically but they just lack something.
But the best of luck to the lads tomorrow 2 points would be a major shot in the arm
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 pm

I just saw the Dublin team fo face Cavan and there isn't 1 of the team that won the O'Byrne cup on it.....now I'm really worried
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 12:06 am

Wouldn't have really expected any Jim.. and probably none on the bench either.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:02 am

I would have expected 1 or 2 to be honest.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:57 am

Just shows how far behind we are.. Dublin A. B and C are probably the 3 best in leinster.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 6:03 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Just shows how far behind we are.. Dublin A. B and C are probably the 3 best in leinster.

And probably top 10 in Ireland the same . People need to stop comparing Kildare to Dublin, they would do they same in every province bar Munster and even after a while they would grind Kerry down through funding population oh and playing nearly every game in Croke Park.  Our standard is 12th - 20th, same as Meath.  We need to target top 12 and a solid run in the qualifiers. Realistic expectations need to be set.

Last edited by Dinny Breen on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 7:34 am

Exactly , I laugh at other Counties taking the piss about Leinster and it's predictability. Dublin would destroy every other province if they were in it.

Looking at Down V Fermanagh this evening and Fermanagh look good. Strong runners, good shape and accurate. Down look lost.
Div 2 could be a real bloodbath this year with teams beating each other. If we could get a point or two tomorrow we would be in a very good spot.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 9:46 am

Yeah big score by Fermanagh tonight and goes to show you can't count on any thing. I would have thought Down would have had too much fire power but it proves that this could be a real highs and lows league campaign
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:32 am

Jez laois are in a poor place at the moment.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 9:20 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Jez laois are in a poor place at the moment.

I think its a great place.Long may it last Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:25 am

But the O'Byrne Cup...
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 am

Surrounded by a bunch of inbred yokels, somewhat consoled by the knowledge Meath are shite.

Feely having a good game in the middle, both Cribbins, Dan Flynn and Niall Kelly playing well too. Meath coming back into the last 10 minutes but we should have enough to hold on
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 3:47 am

Regardless of how poor Meath were, you have to be able to enjoy these victories, a hammering in any man's language and a marker hopefully laid for the championship. To do it in the graveyard for Kildare senior team's that is Pairc Tailteann just makes it sweeter.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 4:20 am

Great result. Well done to all involved
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 am

Enjoyed that. Credit where it's due. Kildare were up for it today and turned in a good team display.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National League Division 2    National League Division 2  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National League Division 2
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next