Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Derry

Go down 
+30
lomond
murof
Kildare98
OutTheGap
Pkmie
KE2017
jimmers
rob11
Jimmy winning matches
abl
Xavi
teedee
Shas
Ohtoohtobe
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lilysavage
SeamusMurphy
Cilldara_2000
LillieLad
reichenhall
Ogie
flourman
Rex
TommyKeegan
white boy
kildaregaa365
lilly-exile
if_in_doubt
Taibi
ALLO ALLO
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ALLO ALLO
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 10:51 pm

Anyone got information on where Kildare supporters are staying next Saturday if travelling to match?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 am

I thought them days were over? Shocked
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 am

Letterkenny
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 5:53 am

is it in celtic park or owen beg
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 6:04 am

Celtic Park
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 11:39 am

We're back in the news amazing what a few wins does? Papers saying is this they most exciting young team in the league all over social media every podcast in gaa are on about kildare it like when mcgeeney was in charge first. I hope our players don't feed into it and keep the head down and keep winning
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 1:13 pm

If we come top two in this division will be huge but stall the digger. Will take five, maybe six wins to do that. O'Byrne Cup showed the usual crisis happy fans, two wins does likewise. We are an okay team barely in top-12. February never proved otherwise. Precedent set, let's see if talent and mentality to drive it on.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 am

Don't think fans (on here or anywhere) are getting carried away at all. Nothing wrong with enjoying two good wins after what's gone before. It's the media that's suddenly latching on to us. Tommy you said after the Meath game that the test would be whether they could follow it up v Cork. They did. Enjoy it. I've been researching the 1970's for the website over the last few days and by jesus is it ingrained in the Kildare psychy to screw up big time when we're bigged up. What a let down that decade was when we had some superb underage players coming through. Consistently failed to show up on the big day although at least they tended to get to Leinster Finals on a regular basis. Weren't even doing that in the '80s (or the current decade for that matter).
Back to top Go down
ALLO ALLO
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Thanks 'If in doubt' yeah seems to be a good few booked in and around Letterkenny now   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:11 am

if_in_doubt wrote:
Letterkenny
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:38 am

How could you get carried away after the last 3 years. I'm just enjoying something going right for a change and not being ridiculed. What's the point of it all if the last couple of weeks weren't enjoyed.
You can bet your life it will turn soon enough so just be thankful for small mercies.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 am

Crofter wrote:
Tommy you said after the Meath game that the test would be whether they could follow it up v Cork. They did. Enjoy it.

Indeed I did and I'll continue saying it until we play a meaningful game in June or July.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 am

Never understood this thing of not calling league games meaningful, you can bet they'd be meaningful if we had lost the two games. Players don't train for ten months just for 3 or 4 games in the summer. The league is hugely important.

It's also a genuine chance of silverware whereas we won't be lifting any championship trophies for a while.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Taibi wrote:
Never understood this thing of not calling league games meaningful, you can bet they'd be meaningful if we had lost the two games. Players don't train for ten months just for 3 or 4 games in the summer. The league is hugely important.

It's also a genuine chance of silverware whereas we won't be lifting any championship trophies for a while.

It's relatively important, not hugely important. Same way a bad few games this time of year isn't a disaster, merely poor; or a good couple of games is encouraging, not massive. I'd ask people to look at last pages of O'Byrne Cup thread for perspective.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:25 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Crofter wrote:
Tommy you said after the Meath game that the test would be whether they could follow it up v Cork. They did. Enjoy it.

Indeed I did and I'll continue saying it until we play a meaningful game in June or July.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would give up watching the game if I couldn't enjoy back to back league wins and took more pleasure in telling online strangers "I told you so" in summer. I would actually question whether the Leinster Championship is now any more meaningful than a Division 2 promotion battle. The real test of this team may come in Salthill in April.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Crofter wrote:
The real test of this team may come in Salthill in April.

We'll be well promoted by then Crofter cheers
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Crofter wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
Crofter wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would give up watching the game if I couldn't enjoy back to back league wins and took more pleasure in telling online strangers "I told you so" in summer. I would actually question whether the Leinster Championship is now any more meaningful than a Division 2 promotion battle. The real test of this team may come in Salthill in April.

Well, Kildare's best efforts in the League in the last 10 years have ended with the manager getting sacked. Division 1 semi-final in 2007 - a couple of months later, John Crofton is gone. Division 1 semi-final 2013 - ditto Kieran McGeeney.

So, when all is said and done...

Delighted they're winning games and hope they can get another two, cos you definitely don't want to be in Division 3 when you have such potential. And pleased for them, given they are only a few weeks removed from the latest all-time low.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 pm

To be fair Ogie I think the league has taken on more significance since Crofton's era, partly because no one can compete with the bankrolled Dublin machine and the championship really only starts for the likes of Kildare now when we go into the qualifiers. Everyone says "well how come Mayo can compete" and then you read they've spent more than the Dubs preparing their team. Nearly 3 times the spend of Kildare.

Regarding the league, in both years we got promoted in the last 10 years the managers survived - 2012 and 2016 - so I won't worry too much about O'Neill being on a sticky wicket if we go up. We all know why McGeeney was removed and it wasn't down to good league performances.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:21 pm

I absolutely enjoyed them, was glued into KFM to every minute of both and would love to have been there. But enjoyment and real progress are very different. Looks like we are on the right track but as I said, we won't know that for sure until summer no matter how much enjoyment we get between now and then. The same if we were losing - indeed one of few who didn't come off rails here after O'Byrne Cup. Hopefully we'll make it three from three and promotion would be good for long-term development.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 am

Likewise I didn't panic after the O'B Cup - we've won it often enough to know if counts for little.

Derry will be smarting after their pathetic loss to Meath and history shows they are well capable of beating Kildare at home as a rule. Team needs to be "at it" again once more.

Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Neil Flynn is douthfull with hamstring. Hope he good to go.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 8:42 am

Up here in Derry lads with work . it worked out well with my business had this planned with kildare match. In a good gaa pub in Derry very worried about our forward line 2 players Ben mac and N.kelly. They still think they win I said what about they Meath match and the said Kildare have a bad record up here. Make what you like out of that ?
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:42 am

Rex wrote:
How could you get carried away after the last 3 years. I'm just enjoying something going right for a change and not being ridiculed. What's the point of it all if the last couple of weeks weren't enjoyed.
You can bet your life it will turn soon enough so just be thankful for small mercies.

agree 100cer pent Rex...only difference in our opinions is i would substitue "will" with no 23 "possibly might...but hopefully won't".....6 pts ...pressure off.....
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 am

Best of luck to the lads today
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 am

Two changes to the Kildare team for todays match against Derry. Peter Kelly and Chris Healy are on for Paul Cribbin and Ben McCormack!

Fuckkkkkkkkkkk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare  v Derry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Derry   Kildare  v Derry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Derry
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next