Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 12:19 am

Saturday, 9th June, 3pm in Owenbeg.

Possibly Cian O'Neill's last game in charge.

Scary to think Kildare's championship could be finished in the second week of June. It would be their earliest championship exit since 1995.

Carlow are a Division 4 team, Derry will replace them for 2019. If that doesn't light a fire under these lads holes, nothing will. For all the negativity surrounding these lads, I really hope they cop on and come away with a win. It's no fun when it's 7 months to your county's next game.

James Murray must start.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 12:59 am

Derry have a host of Slaughtneil Fellas now that they hadn't during the League.
Jimmy Hyland was very impressive last night and is surely a better option than the Subs used v Carlow.. He's also an excellent free taker.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 1:07 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Derry have a host of Slaughtneil Fellas now that they hadn't during the League.
Jimmy Hyland was very impressive last night and is surely a better option than the Subs used v Carlow.. He's also an excellent free taker.
if jimmy Hyland plays against Derry he cannot play again for U20 team
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 1:20 am

fone, if you were Cian O Neill would you be overly worried about the u/20 team, I know I wouldn't be, his job and reputation is on the line. If I was him I would seriously consider not letting any of the 20s that he may use, Dempsey and Hyland even tog out against Meath on Bank Holiday Monday.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 2:06 am

If CON is not gonna use the U20 Player's then let them off and play/train with the U20s full time.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 2:36 am

I wouldn’t use the u-20’s - don’t think any of them are ready for a game like this - Hyland included.

Obviously will need O’Neill as a sub keeper.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 2:42 am

The U20s shouldn't be let anywhere near this game – this team is a train-wreck and limping towards the inglorious end of an era.

Mind you, don't think the senior lads are ready for a game like this either, given the mental frailty they've show all year.

I heard this interview with Lee Keegan at the end of last year and he said he was struck by how, when he scored that spectacular goal in last year's final, he ran back up to pitch and not a single Dublin player flinched. They were under the most intense pressure imaginable and didn't bat an eyelid.

Our team meanwhile shit their pants when Carlow throw a few digs at them!! It would be funny if it wasn't so completely galling.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 2:43 am

Also, Cian's reputation was on the line last Sunday I'm afraid, and that was the time to realise it. It's too late now.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 3:45 am

I'm going for Kildare to win by two - if not, I'll eat my other hat.

Then we'll draw a soft(ish) option and prolong the agony till it stretches to all fifteen mysteries (some viewers may be too young/not sufficiently steeped in the tradition of the rosary to get that reference. The agony in the garden being one of the very apt decades!!!!!)

That's my gut feeling but my gut is in a knot since eating that hat on Monday morning
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Team i'd go for the next day up in Derry

1. Donnellan
2. P Kelly
3. E Doyle
4. M O Grady
5. J Murray
6. F Conway
7. N Flynn
8. K Feely
9. P Cribbin
10. F Dowling
11. N Kelly
12. K Cribbin
13. C Healy
14. D Flynn
15. P Brophy

Incidentally i cant see our master changing too much, but we need to remove hyland from full back asap, can not remember him having one good game for kildare..
On another note, watching Derry play on BBC the other night, they didn't play overall defensive but you can be sure they will next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Moolick should start midfield. When he plays Feely plays well. We were moving in the right direction last year till Moolick was dropped against Armagh and our midfield got destroyed.....
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 9:33 pm

i agree with that moolick has a physical presence and getting conway out of half forward line has to happen derry might go and attack kildare in an open game and score could be high like 20 points or so to win this will suit us as the pressure of playing in derry will not be as bad as playing in newbridge by the way the best kildare performance this year was in donegal and played for 40 mins with 14
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 12:24 am

I was one calling for Moolick to be replaced around the middle last year to make us more "mobile".

But that's a correct observation. Feely hasn't been the same since Moolick has lost his place. Indeed KE havnt been the same since.
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 2:28 am

One thing's for sure, it simply has to be a completely new-look team against Derry.
As Onechance has pointed out above, taking Hyland, Doyle and Conway out of their usual (and frankly incorrect) positions may help.
O'Donoghue is effective at wing back but has been completely overlooked the last few games.
If the starting team is anything close to what it's been all year, then it's 100% bye bye CON, regardless of a win or not.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 3:56 am

Strangly enough I also think dropping Moolick last year was a turning point in out fortunes. Armagh dominated midfield that day, something Meath and Dublin failed to do.
Hyland is a disaster at full back and I fear the manager has ruined a good footballer by persisting with there when he is much more to offer farther out the field. Play Doyle there as he spends most of his time running back there when the opposition attack. Murray and Conway and Flynn would be good line.
Is Slattery injured or just out of favour? He definitely gave us something different last year with his direct running like when he set up a goal chance for Flynn against Dublin.
The big worry has to be the really poor form of Kelly and Brophy who should be good for at least 5 or 6 points per game.
No hiding place for the manager now. Send out the same team and fail to win a game in 2018. Not going to look great on his CV.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

murof wrote:
Strangly enough I also think dropping Moolick last year was a turning point in out fortunes. Armagh dominated midfield that day, something Meath and Dublin failed to do.
Hyland is a disaster at full back and I fear the manager has ruined a good footballer by persisting with there when he is much more to offer farther out the field. Play Doyle there as he spends most of his time running back there when the opposition attack. Murray and Conway and Flynn would be good line.
Is Slattery injured or just out of favour? He definitely gave us something different last year with his direct running like when he set up a goal chance for Flynn against Dublin.
The big worry has to be the really poor form of Kelly and Brophy  who should be good for at least 5 or 6 points per game.
No hiding place for the manager now. Send out the same team and fail to win a game in 2018. Not going to look great on his CV.
paddy brophy has performed for Kildare sence his returned from Australia that over year ago .
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:21 am

Captain1928 wrote:
One thing's for sure, it simply has to be a completely new-look team against Derry.
As Onechance has pointed out above, taking Hyland, Doyle and Conway out of their usual (and frankly incorrect) positions may help.
O'Donoghue is effective at wing back but has been completely overlooked the last few games.
If the starting team is anything close to what it's been all year, then it's 100% bye bye CON, regardless of a win or not.

It's bye bye CON regardless of what happens . Even if we reached the super 8s which won't happen as Derry is going to beat us.

If a Carlow football team without their best player for the last decade can bully us , what will Derry a physical northern team in Owenbeg do to us .

Just a little memo to Derry on how to beat us , if they dont already know. Retain possession, our forwards won't put you under pressure. Be patient. Run at our backs. They can't tackle . Any attempt will be girly and more than likely result in a free. Do This often enough and some will get yellows and blacks .

Be physical, we won't like it and more than likely would prefer to be in the dressing room or taking selfies on Instagram.

Lob a few high balls in on the keeper too. His track record isn't great .
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 4:32 am

This time last year Kildare were top 8 team in Ireland amazing how things turn around in 12 months .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 5:19 am

fone wrote:
This time last year Kildare were top 8 team in Ireland  amazing how things turn around in 12 months .

Didn't make the Quarters last Year.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 6:00 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
fone wrote:
This time last year Kildare were top 8 team in Ireland  amazing how things turn around in 12 months .

League and Championship forum
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 6:55 am

Just looked up Owenbeg where our game is being played, not even a stand in it. Looks like a glorified club pitch...
How the f*ck have we sank so low ...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.9248483,-6.9531628,3a,90y,178.09h,78.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPS9Sfuqjij0KpOhBHNz8yA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 7:07 am

Borderline wrote:
Just looked up Owenbeg where our game is being played, not even a stand in it. Looks like a glorified club pitch...
How the f*ck have we sank so low ...

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.9248483,-6.9531628,3a,90y,178.09h,78.19t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPS9Sfuqjij0KpOhBHNz8yA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
wrong place you have. Owenbeg has stand its Derry home of Excellence
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 7:07 am

fone wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
fone wrote:

League and Championship  forum

As CON would say "we're going in the right direction ".. WERE.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 7:09 am

Might be an old photo.. it's their Hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 9:23 am

fone wrote:
paddy brophy  has performed for Kildare sence his returned from Australia that over year ago .

Not exactly sure what you mean here but I thought he was decent last year against Meath, Dublin and Armagh - worth a few points each game.

He looked a bit lost on Sunday but he was playing wing forward and I think he's much better in the corner. We should just pick players in their best positions and see how they get on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derry v Kildare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next