Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:06 am

fone wrote:
if_in_doubt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
PRAYING for Carlow rematch. Would love to set record straight on that one.

That means wanting Laois to win tomorrow. I will not have it!

It also means potentially playing Laois for a spot in the super 8's. Nice match for a Saturday evening in Tullamore that
Kildare need two wins more to play that match

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 am

murof wrote:
Couldn't understand Conway playing in the forwards but fair play to the guy today.  Hopefully he can do it against better opposition.
On the downside that's two div 4 teams who have scored 2-14 against us. Just saying ........

He was midfield today. Maybe he's found his true calling.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
fone wrote:
if_in_doubt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
PRAYING for Carlow rematch. Would love to set record straight on that one.

That means wanting Laois to win tomorrow. I will not have it!

It also means potentially playing Laois for a spot in the super 8's. Nice match for a Saturday evening in Tullamore that
Kildare need two wins more to play that match

You seem very confident Laois will beat Carlow fone
the way Championship is going with all shocks would surprise me if Carlow and there clever tactics by certain Down person
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:20 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Anyone care to accompany my dear lady wife to Billy Joel on Sat 23rd?  Worst Christmas present I ever got her ffs.

He's actually not too bad live - My Life & Uptown Girl classics.

Still wouldn't miss Kildare for him tho!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:38 am

Any word on Feely injury
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 am

Billy Joel still going ahead of gig regardless.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:48 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
Anyone care to accompany my dear lady wife to Billy Joel on Sat 23rd?  Worst Christmas present I ever got her ffs.

He's actually not too bad live - My Life & Uptown Girl classics.

Still wouldn't miss Kildare for him tho!!

Yes saw him in Croker before. Gently suggested to wife she might like to bring our daughter. Couldn't quite make out the response but might have been something along the lines of spending the rest of my days in effing Derry...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:50 am

fone wrote:
Any word on Feely injury

No but seemed to be recurrence of the calf strain. Didn't look particularly fit beforehand which may have been a factor in him playing FF.

Brophy's break was a bad one according to O'Neill.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
fone wrote:
Any word on Feely injury

No but seemed to be recurrence of the calf strain. Didn't look particularly fit beforehand which may have been a factor in him playing FF.

Brophy's break was a bad one according to O'Neill.
Neil Flynn put in bubble wrap until next round
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

Well well well, this group should be drug tested because their performances vary so much they must be on something. Firstly I'm delighted they won, the last couple of weeks have been vicious and it wasn't unwarranted. How do you go from losing to Carlow to beating a pumped up Derry in their own back yard.
They players who we needed against Carlow stood up today Conway, Moolick, Dan Flynn and Feely . Murray showed why he should have played last week and Neil Flynn showed what we were missing. Please God that hamstring stays in one piece.

You could get into the ins and outs of the game but the main thing to take from it is they cared today and put everything they had into it which is all you can ask. But it also shows that they can up it several levels when they make the effort. The requirement is that level must be reached next match as well.

As for the draw we get who we get, we all thought Carlow would be handy enough and today little chance. A home draw is the thing we need if we are entitled to it.

Well done to players and Management passion abd pride shown at last. Onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 am

Credit where credit is due, that was a game most of us expected we'd find a way to loose. Will we ultimately feel disappointed at the end of the year? Probably but by Jesus it's great to be up and running. We live in hope
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:12 am

Don't know where to start but jaysus that was some game the score at half time would win a lot of matches. We were cut wide open at times in the first half shored up a bit in the second half that block on the line was incredible (who the fuck was it?) we were cynical when we needed to be, which was good to see. The players didn't take any shite either and never rolled over like they did against Carlow. Roli didn't take shite off them either he was incredible today when Cian goes I want Roli to be part of the next set up.

When we ran at them they had no answer to us none at all. Dan Flynn is a special talent he scores some amazing goals but jaysus that goal today is probably the best goal I have ever seen live. When Tommy Moolick starts Kildare normally win, he has to start imo. Hope to god the injuries aren't too serious I'd say Paddy's finger was definitely broke so he's gone for a few weeks. Big shout out too Fergal Conway, Feely, James Murray, Moolick, Dan Flynn, Neill Flynn and Kevin Flynn jaysus I must have a thing for the name or some shite but nah you guys were immense, infairness every single one of our players gave everything and jaysus I am proud of them.

One last thing and this isn't a dig at anyone on here but fair play to all who made it up to Derry there was a decent crowed and by god we were loud, the encouragement after that Carlow match was great to see, as John Mullane said I love me county, Hon the fucking Lilies!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:38 am

LillieLad wrote:
Don't know where to start but jaysus that was some game the score at half time would win a lot of matches. We were cut wide open at times in the first half shored up a bit in the second half that block on the line was incredible (who the fuck was it?) we were cynical when we needed to be, which was good to see. The players didn't take any shite either and never rolled over like they did against Carlow. Roli didn't take shite off them either he was incredible today when Cian goes I want Roli to be part of the next set up.

When we ran at them they had no answer to us none at all. Dan Flynn is a special talent he scores some amazing goals but jaysus that goal today is probably the best goal I have ever seen live. When Tommy Moolick starts Kildare normally win, he has to start imo. Hope to god the injuries aren't too serious I'd say Paddy's finger was definitely broke so he's gone for a few weeks. Big shout out too Fergal Conway, Feely, James Murray, Moolick, Dan Flynn, Neill Flynn and Kevin Flynn jaysus I must have a thing for the name or some shite but nah you guys were immense, infairness every single one of our players gave everything and jaysus I am proud of them.

One last thing and this isn't a dig at anyone on here but fair play to all who made it up to Derry there was a decent crowed and by god we were loud, the encouragement after that Carlow match was great to see, as John Mullane said I love me county, Hon the fucking Lilies!!

O'Grady's block on the line
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 am

I'm having a few pints now and do you know what they lovely after that result today
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:54 am

And yet again we get carried away.

When will we ever learn?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:58 am

Not getting carried away just happy the players gave it there all after the shambles of the Carlow performance we need consistency and to maintain that effort.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am

I'm finding it hard to do match reports these days due to some other commitments but here were my ratings and views on performances:

Donnellan 7 - calm. One great save, kick outs good, sweet 45 at important time after HT. Not sure he could do much with the goals would have to see them back

P Kelly 7 - thought he tightened up well in second half and won some dirty ball.

O Grady 8 - tighter on McGuigan than Hyland would have been. Good to see O'Neill try to address FB at last but wonder would Hyland move back there if faced with a three-man inside line?

Murray 7 - to the manor born. Very sound debut and a great point. Will only get better.

Hyland 7 - better out the field did ok on Bradley. Had to take the black. Good cynicism if ever there  is such a thing.

Doyle 5 - gets too many blacks for me. Would need to see it back though.

K Flynn 8 - Duracell bunny with real grit. Revelation this season.

Moolick 9 - what a workhorse. Really needed his unselfish effort with Feely at full forward most of the time and then off altogether.  Just behind Conway for MOM.

Conway 9.5 - I wanted him CB. Someone else wanted him sitting. Still think we need someone like him shoring things up but it's hard to argue with his attacking display today. Four first half points and was a real leader in setting the shape of the performance early on. Well done lad.

P Cribbin 8 - two very good performances in a row. Is he starting to deliver on that great promise he showed?

K Cribbin 8 - by God he was like a man possessed when he got his unexpected reprieve from the axe. Like his brother drove hard at Derry in first half in particular setting the tone.

Slattery 8 - took up the reigns in second half when others were fading and was more vocal than I've seen him. Good to see him back at 2017 levels.

N Kelly 6 - still not quite doing it for me despite the goal. Harsh?

Feely 7 - seemed to be struggling even before his injury but took couple of good marks and set up Kelly's goal from full forward position

D Flynn 8 - brilliant brilliant first half and goal. Not so involved after break. Think Derry switched markers.

Subs on long enough:

Byrne 7 - best game in a long time. Solid and drove forward constantly. Less conservative than of late. Fine score.

N Flynn 8.5 - Our Jody Devine. Revelation. As fone said break out the bubble wrap.

Last edited by kildaregaa365 on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am

No one's getting carried away. It was a good win after a disappointing year.

But thanks for putting us all in our place. #Joyless
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 am

hawker wrote:

When will we ever learn?

Who's getting carried away?

Were you there? If you were and didn't take any joy from that I think you wasted your week end.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 am

Carried away, ah here, We've just seen our first win in a year and we are unsurprisingly delighted. That's it, after the fornight we've had since Carlow I think that's allowed.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:21 am

hawker wrote:

When will we ever learn?

We've gone almost 12 months without a win. No one's getting carried away. A bit of joy after a decent performance is not getting carried away.

Go out tomorrow and enjoy the sun. it could be gone by next weekend ......
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:43 am

Great to get a win that I certainly didn't expect, and to put up a massive score in doing so.. nah no one will dare get carried away.. hopefully.
It's all part of CON master plan.. lose to Carlow and avoid the Annual Dublin slaughter.. get a decent run going, and reach the super 8s. bounce
Best pint of Stout in a Year.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 11:30 am

We played some really great football going forward and created and scored real quality scores, the big highlight, Dan Flynns goal apart, was Neil Flynns 6 points in last 20 mins, different class!
Back to top Go down
teedee
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 11:52 am

sorry to disappoint this "taibi" lad. your hatred for conway has been deplorable. i hate to see our players been slated personally on this forum. delighted to see so many true lilies in derry today to see the lads wearing the white jersey and represent us all the best they could. i will support our lads no matter what,and fuck all the begrudgers and keyboard warriors who are just waiting to see us slip up. if you dont want to back us through thick and thin, then f**k off leave us true supporters to follow the lads wherever we go!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
No one's getting carried away. It was a good win after a disappointing year.

But thanks for putting us all in our place. #Joyless

This. You could come up with a long list of reasons not to get carried away but I'm sure we're all well aware (EG just as one example see Shergar's comment above about Derry playing nice open football). All I've seen here is people being delighted that we have finally stopped a miserable losing streak.

And there is at least one major positive: James Murray came in and played like a seasoned veteran. You'd have to hope that when you'd have Doyle and Murray on for a full match the defence would be significantly stronger and less porous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next