Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:12 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
hawker wrote:
And yet again we get carried away.

When will we ever learn?

Who's getting carried away?

Were you there?  If you were and didn't take any joy from that I think you wasted your week end.

Nope I wasn't there so no weekend wasted here.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:41 pm

fone wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
fone wrote:
if_in_doubt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:
PRAYING for Carlow rematch. Would love to set record straight on that one.

That means wanting Laois to win tomorrow. I will not have it!

It also means potentially playing Laois for a spot in the super 8's. Nice match for a Saturday evening in Tullamore that
Kildare need two wins more to play that match

You seem very confident Laois will beat Carlow fone
the  way Championship is going  with  all shocks  would  surprise me  if  Carlow  and  there clever tactics by certain Down person

His name is Steven Poacher. This is surely a 50-50 game. Carlow were poor against them in the League final but Broderick had an absolute nightmare, missing frees in front of the post etc. Laois might be marginal favourites but that is all. Certainly, I don't see any definition of shock in which Carlow winning would fit
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Would love to see Carlow have their day in the sun and we get Laois.
No one here is saying we are wirld beaters but everyone should be happy for the group after a good win like that.
Defence still a concern but Murray and K Flynn will help moving ahead.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Very agressive message teedee and not in keeping with the general constructive tone of the board, critical or not, so anyone who could not to be there are not real supporters?, the tone of your message has a hint of more belonging to a teenage premiership forum than here, (and anyway as you were there you may have noticed that they played in green and not white), ease up on the confrontational approach there, good man.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Round 2 winners of yesterday’s matches play provincial semifinal loser ,Matches on 23 June

Round 3 winners from round 2 play each other. on matches 30 June

Round 4 winner of round 3 match play provincial final loser . Matches on July 7 Winners of this round are super 8s

Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Just glad to get out of Derry with the win. Never an easy place to go no matter how Derry are doing at the time.

I believe the Gap between teams is closing . If you take out the top 3 teams and the bottom 3/4 teams I think other than those team the rest will give each other a stern test on any given day . We've seen it So far this year with Fermanagh beating Monaghan, Meath really should have beaten Tyrone , Derry ran Donegal close. The middle ground of teams is becoming more competitive.

It's where we're at at the moment. Round 2 draw will be tough regardless of who we get . We need to carry what we done today and improve on it particularly in defence.

I was very critical of the team on here the last 2 weeks . We stood up today and won a championship match. No more and no less and for that they need to be congratulated. The thing now going forward is to continue to stand up and continue to strive to do better
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:02 pm

Laois were also so lucky to beat a poor Wexford Team..
It's a pity they are not showing the Carlow v Laois match live, instead of the Dubs kicking the fck outa Longford.
C'mon Carlow.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Most of the Teams we can meet next are of a similar level, with maybe Monaghan the exception.. although they will be vulnerable, as Carlow showed last Year when they should have beaten them.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:08 pm

hawker wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
hawker wrote:

When will we ever learn?

Were you there?  If you were and didn't take any joy from that I think you wasted your week end.

Figured as much
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:33 pm

teedee wrote:
sorry to disappoint this "taibi" lad. your hatred for conway has been deplorable. i hate to see our players been slated personally on this forum. delighted to see so many true lilies in derry today to see the lads wearing the white jersey and represent us all the best they could. i will support our lads no matter what,and fuck all the begrudgers and keyboard warriors who are just waiting to see us slip up. if you dont want to back us through thick and thin, then f**k off leave us true supporters to follow the lads wherever we go!

Good morning, "teedee". Kildare were wearing green jerseys yesterday.. Were you really at the game? Come on now.. Laughing

On the contrary, I'm delighted for Conway. Let's be honest here, ever since he was taken off against Dublin last year, he has been really poor. If we had a stronger panel, he would've been dropped long ago. Never thought he was capable of 0-4 from play in 35 minutes of championship football and I'm not sure many other people did either. It would have been nice to see such enthusiasm against the mighty Carlow but inconsistency is Kildare and Conway's middle name.

Let's hope he doesn't dine out on it for too long and push on for Round 2. Derry are now a Division 4 team after all, so let's relax for a moment.

Well done to all, great to see some pride restored.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:
hawker wrote:
kildaregaa365 wrote:
hawker wrote:

When will we ever learn?

Figured as much

My priorities lie elsewhere. Does't mean I can't have an opinion.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 11:15 pm

True although I didn’t say otherwise. Merely asked a question based on a hunch.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 11:24 pm

I'll go against the grain with regards Conway. I don't think he has the discipline or positional sense to be a centre back. I think his best performance for Kildare up until yesterday was as a midifielder against Offaly in Newbridge a few years ago. If Feely is out for a while I would leave himself and Moolick as the midfield pairing.

Great to get a long overdue win yesterday and very encouraging to see plenty of fight which was so sorely missing against Carlow.

Positives were:

- Attitude. Nobody took a backward step. Kildare also never got rattled. The Derry goals were followed by a Kildare response straight away.
- Improved performances. Players who were woeful against Carlow stood up.
- Freetaking and shooting in general. Much more composed in front of the posts. Fewer bad wides to drain the confidence out of lads.
- Neil Flynn. He needs to be kept right if we are to make progress.

Things to work on:

- Defence. Conceding 2-14 again to middling opposition is disappointing. On another day there could have been another goal or two.
- Discipline. A few of the frees we gave away were 'good' frees but there were still too many needless fouls. It's something this team needs to put right.
- Niall Kelly. I think he's the most skillful footballer in the county by a distance. Kildare are not getting the most out of him at the moment despite his goal yesterday.
- Injuries. It looks like Brophy and Feely will struggle to make the next day.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 am

Well, what a heap of absolute rubbish between Carlow and Laois today in Croke Park. It shows how bloody awful we were in Tullamore. That's a poor Carlow team beaten by a slightly less poor Laois team who knew how to deal with Carlow. The frustration is sitting watching mediocrity beaten by mediocrity. However....onward after yesterday.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:20 am

Carlow have a better manager than what Kildare have. Their players are also mentally stronger.

Once Kildare understand their level then they can move up from there.

Kildare will also need to draw a few lower ranked teams to progress further. Once they meet a team of their own level then we can all book our holidays.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 am

intheback wrote:
Carlow have a better manager than what Kildare have. Their players are also mentally stronger.

Once Kildare understand their level then they can move up from there.

Kildare will also need to draw a few lower ranked teams to progress further. Once they meet a team of their own level then we can all book our holidays.
 Stephan poacher is main man in Carlow .

Last edited by fone on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:36 am

The problem is the defense and it's an indictment of the manager that he doesn't experiment more with tactics and personnel to improve it. That's twice we've conceded 2.14 to div 4 teams and it means we have to run up big scores to win. The addition of Murray will surely help there but we really need a Lacey or a young Dalton in the full back line to make life more uncomfortable for attackers.
Other than that we are as good as most teams left outside the top 4 imo. Looking forward to the draw tomorrow as all our possible opponents will hopefully be on a downer after losing their last match.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 am

Just on the defence, Eoin Doyle needs to stay on the pitch. He's no good to anyone sitting in the stands. The black cards need to be cut out. A half back line of Doyle Murray and Flynn has potential.

They have set the starting level for themselves now in terms of aggression and work rate any drop off is on the players.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:50 am

The loss to Carlow is even much more of a farce now after Laois bet them if an absolute damp squib of a game .

50% accuracy Carlow had against Laois. How Laois kept Carlow score to a minimum was that they didn't concede 11 kickable frees .

Can someone please please answer me what in the name of Jasus are we doing in training when it comes to defensive positioning, tackling and over all defensive tactics because it really looks like we have no real plan or shape .

Does anyone know what our plan is defensively ? Just react and adapt as the match unfolds? Because it doesn't seem we have a plan or structure
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 am

So these are the teams who we can be drawn against tomorrow morning with the NFL division which they played in earlier this year

Monaghan 1
Down 2
Clare 2
Tipperary 2
Leitrim 4
Sligo 3
Carlow 4
Longford 3

Being drawn away to Monaghan would be the least favourable draw
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:32 am

Last year if you drew any side bar Monaghan you'd have been happy with the draw. This year every team in there is scaring me
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:45 am

jimmers wrote:
So these are the teams who we can be drawn against tomorrow morning with the NFL division which they played in earlier this year

Monaghan 1
Down 2
Clare        2
Tipperary 2
Leitrim 4
Sligo   3
Carlow 4
Longford 3

Being drawn away to Monaghan would be the least favourable draw
if Kildare drawn against teams from division 3 or 4 they home advantage.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 am

Personally speaking, there is 1 and only 1 team i want us to get in the morning and i know it will mean playing them away....Carlow !!! If for no other reason but to get the chance to put that feckin "Tullamore nightmare " to bed !!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 am

Pillow talks sense
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 6:06 am

Just as an aside...i know it's not a major issue, but can the moderator of the site adjust the clock on the posts. It's 14 hours behind. I've just posted at 7.58 pm and it shows 5.58 am. I know, i'm one of those pedantic feckers !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next