Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:37 pm

The main issue I have and have had with previous set-ups is that we try something that seems to work and then other teams counteract and we still try the same thing...
EG Feely lording the skies last year and picking off marks. This year other teams counteract him as we say in the opening round of the league.
There goes a primary possession platform and we are clueless how to change mid-game.
Then Dan Flynn is being triple-marked at times and we still look for him far too much. Make the opposition at least use their brains and have him on decoy runs or roaming out the field at times.
Conway was much more effective previously but we have gaping holes in defence and a natural centre back, who would also be a class sitting midfielder is left up front...

I'd like to see him in midfield with Feely and hold the middle, with Doyle and Hyland swapping. Let Paul Cribbin on the wing.
FFS just try something that resembles a plan or make the opposition think on their feet.

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Conway was in midfield the last day.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Sitting? I want him really blocking up the space. Even if he is named there he should be tasked with being an extra centre back I suppose.
I'd sooner both midfielders lie deep and then let two of the wing forwards get up and down.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm

His role appeared to be to mark Sean Murphy the last day. No one was sitting it was an orthodox formation to my eyes. Old school.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Anyone think we can win this? To me it feels eerily similar to our early days in the qualifiers before McGeeney arrived when we lost to Derry, Sligo, Offaly and Louth. Hope I'm wrong but Derry will surely turn it into a war of attrition which we haven't handled well in a long time.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Can't see us winning murof.. don't see the hunger in these Boys.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 pm

I have a feeling we will win..........no idea why - just a sense! (Or lack of common....... Smile )

I was also very worried in lead up to Carlow game!

Meath will also beat Tyrone!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 am

As I said on other thread, I didn't think we could sink as low as 2015 again, but we have! Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:10 am

Players should be made to read, view and listen to GAA coverage this week.

Mossy Quinn LITERALLY laughing at us on Newstalk (don't blame him, if I was a Dub I would too). Mayo podcast reflecting on how Kildare was the handiest game they got all year (the subtext being they'd love us in Round 2 of qualifiers - again, don't blame them).

I'd say it's high time for a reaction but I was saying that 5 or six games ago.

On which, another point: when we lose this match, we will have gone 13 matches without a win and over 18 months by the time league recommences.

Open to correction but I'd be pretty sure both are in with a shout for all-time records at county level excluding London & New York!!!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 am

As a matter of interest are there any regular match goers who are swerving this.

I normally vent and then am back on the wagon after poor performances in years past. Have not missed league or championship this year but for the first time in many years I am willingly missing this one. I just cant get the last day out of my system.

Will still listen on radio, but cant get excited about this one at all.

I feel guilty for saying so ... Sad ...

Anyone else in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:23 am

Yes Highball. Normally I am one of the most optimistic posters on here, but there was something about the last defeat that I can't quite get over.

I remember after Kerry match 2015, Darragh O'Se said, "If these Kildare are players have anything about them, this will be a once in a career event, a landmark that you constantly look back to and say, never again."

Shockingly, they actually let something comparable happen against Carlow. It was effectively the end of the O'Neill era.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:39 am

Always go, no matter where, but I'm intentionally missing this one and unless these invertebrates evolve overnight I won't be going until I sense their commitment and their desire matches mine, Carlow was a bridge too far, the lowest ebb, I will be back but I want to feel the hunger from them first, I don't have a problem with losing and God knows there were plenty of defeats but Carlow has scarred me.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 7:27 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Always go, no matter where, but I'm intentionally missing this one and unless these invertebrates evolve overnight I won't be going until I sense their commitment and their desire matches mine,  Carlow was a bridge too far, the lowest ebb,  I will be back but I want to feel the hunger from them first,  I don't have a problem with losing and God knows there were plenty of defeats but Carlow has scarred me.

Same here. Couldn't have said it better myself. Dungiven on a Saturday just to see what version of our misfits show

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:50 am

Highball wrote:
As a matter of interest are there any regular match goers who are swerving this.

I normally vent and then am back on the wagon after poor performances in years past. Have not missed league or championship this year but for the first time in many years I am willingly missing this one. I just cant get the last day out of my system.

Will still listen on radio, but cant get excited about this one at all.

I feel guilty for saying so ... Sad ...

Anyone else in the same boat.

Absolutely I’m going there. I’m well up for it. But as a Kildare and Leeds fan I do it nowadays as much for the soap opera and drama as the hope of success.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 am

I think I am going I honestly don't know why, thinking its gonna be a waste of time... But sure look...
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Haven't posted about the last match and wont do it now.

Thankfully I will be out of the country for this match and wont have to make a choice on attending as for the first time in 20 years I may well have decided to stay away Mad

Still think we might get over this one, Kildare by 4.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Yes, I'm going........not sure what to expect but I'll be there anyway to witness it!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:33 pm

masterson from moorfield held his own and more in the middle of field in the leinster run surely he should be brought in as a huge prospect
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:37 pm

moatesports wrote:
masterson from moorfield held his own and more in the middle of field in the leinster run surely he should be brought in as a huge prospect
with U20 team this year
Back to top Go down
learmus
Intermediate
Intermediate
learmus

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Not going to this, first match to miss this year but I just couldn't face it. Wish them all the best as always
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 10:33 pm

How can anyone say that Kildare are going to win this one after the last day. I just cant see any positives from them unless Derry are really really really bad I just cant see a Kildare victory again I hope im wrong.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 pm

fone wrote:
moatesports wrote:
with U20 team this year

We so like to over-rate our players. Masterson couldn’t keep up with the Meath under 20 midfielders last Monday. Mobility a big problem despite his undoubted qualities. Same issue as Feely and Moolick have.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:51 pm

steviegenius wrote:
How can anyone say that Kildare are going to win this one after the last day. I just cant see any positives from them unless Derry are really really really bad I just cant see a Kildare victory again I hope im wrong.

Derry just got relegated from Div 3 (we never have) and didn’t get any closer to Donegal than we did. Even game for me, will come down to attitude as much as anything.

Oh, I see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Dead right K365 - U20s not ready for this level. As you say people talking about them like they're Sean O'Shea and D Clifford. Well, they came up against those boys two years ago and found out how far off the pace they were. It was an annihilation.

My other bugbear atm is there aren't enough Newbridge lads in squad... What a load of guff - McCormack & Shea Ryan were in squad and couldn't commit! Christ stop whinging.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 am

Good luck lads, think we will win, there will be a backlash from Carlow game.........
If not we have massive problems bigger than any words on here or at county board meetings will ever solve!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next