Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 am

One thing I have to say for Carlow - from the moment I walked into Bridge House in Tullamore I had a small feeling we might be in trouble. There were bloody Carlow jerseys everywhere and it was clear this was a county on the up.

Other counties have been putting us to shame in terms of support in recent seasons, apart from Leinster final last year which was a proper event.

But you see the way Mayo fans keep going back to the team - I honestly thought Galway might be the straw that broke the camel's back. They've suffered more than any other county in terms of sheer galling heartbreak and yet there they were out in force again yesterday - and the team duly buried Limerick. They are some men in fairness.

It would be great if we could actually generate a buzz around Kildare - there is no sense of a movement around the team. It was brilliant the way everyone cheered them off the field at half time yesterday.

There were little glimpses during the match - D Flynn's goal, N Flynn's point scoring, Feely's pass for the second goal - that reminded me why the hell I first got excited about these lads as underage footballers. Anyway, onwards & upwards.

Will likely be a huge struggle no matter who we draw but hopefully more people onboard again the next day.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:10 am

bite the pillow wrote:
Just as an aside...i know it's not a major issue, but can the moderator of the site adjust the clock on the posts. It's 14 hours behind. I've just posted at 7.58 pm and it shows 5.58 am. I know, i'm one of those pedantic feckers !

You need to go to the Preferences settings and change your time zone - it's to do with the default settings

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=preferences
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 am

jimmers wrote:
bite the pillow wrote:
Just as an aside...i know it's not a major issue, but can the moderator of the site adjust the clock on the posts. It's 14 hours behind. I've just posted at 7.58 pm and it shows 5.58 am. I know, i'm one of those pedantic feckers !

You need to go to the Preferences settings and change your time zone - it's to do with the default settings

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/profile?mode=editprofile&page_profil=preferences

Always wondered that myself. Thanks Jimmers
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 am

jimmers wrote:
bite the pillow wrote:

Cheers Jimmers !
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Longford away.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Avoided Monaghan and Tipp which were the two bogey draws.

Absolutely nothing to be taken for granted from this draw but a winnable game.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:17 pm

I called out Feely, Flynn, Conway, Kelly and Brophy for their no shows against Carlow. Likewise credit where it is due for their performances against Derry especially Flynn,Feely and Conway. Well done to the team for stepping up but that is the bare minimum that should be expected.

They still have a huge distance to go for me to erase that disgraceful no show against Carlow. This is a start so well done and kick on. The talent is there. Please fulfil it!!!!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 pm

"It was about integrity. It was about pride in Kildare football. I let the county down as manager of this team the last day when so much was expected of us. That's not where we wanted to leave it this year."
Cian O'Neill
You can't fault that honesty
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Called it last week on here we were always going to beat Derry with a bit of a backlash from the Carlow game and you will get all sorts of sound bites of internal meetings with senior players and management etc. but at the end of the day one of the goals for this year was to get closer to Dublin which we are not..........
Also btw I see someone on here saying the likes of Fergal Conway should not be on a Kildare panel, to me he is more honest and hardworking than 90% of the panel even though he may not have the skills level of others but would you prefer to have him or Luke Flynn who might not bother showing up........... I would prefer to see a few more with Conway's attitude.......
I still think we are too easy to penetrate and not mentally strong enough as we don't really have a system of play and a few wins against weaker counties is good as will show we are not bottom rung but is still only papering over the cracks
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 am

Great to get the win and by all accounts well deserved. But as Sam1928 said it will take more than that to get the Carlow defeat out of the system and after Laois beat them yesterday fairly easily it shows how bad we were. Longford next wont be easy down there but i would expecting a win as we have a good record against them.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 1:10 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Stay classy Damien

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/he-lives-far-too-close-to-kildare-derry-boss-damien-mcelrain-fumes-at-ref-after-kildare-defeat-36996183.html

Ulster and Connaught people don't understand that Leinster and Munster people do not support other teams from their provinces. If anything, a Leinster referee is usually bad news for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Great to get the win and by all accounts well deserved. But as Sam1928 said it will take more than that to get the Carlow defeat out of the system and after Laois beat them yesterday fairly easily it shows how bad we were. Longford next wont be easy down there but i would expecting a win as we have a good record against them.

I was at Croke Park - it wasn't that easy. One team created goal chances - two glorious ones, another half-decent one, and that was Carlow. They didn't get a point from them. Laois created none.

One of those was four minutes from time with three points in it. Should have been a goal and they're level. It wasn't easy at all. Don't let the possession stats fool you, that's how Carlow set up. They were quite happy for Laois to have the ball - reminded me so much of Leicester the year they won the League. Turnover and hit on the break. They just had too far to go and were trying to get Murphy on the ball too deep, he eventually ran into traffic. They needed to work it to get him collecting the ball further up - maybe Croker doesn't suit their system as much as provincial grounds. They will give Tyrone every bit of it in DCP and the amazing negative commentary since Sunday will serve only to help them.

And that was very childish by the Derry manager. Whatever about not being happy about the ref, what province he was from was irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 am

micky murphy wrote:
Called it last week on here we were always going to beat Derry with a bit of a backlash from the Carlow game and you will get all sorts of sound bites of internal meetings with senior players and management etc. but at the end of the day one of the goals for this year was to get closer to Dublin which we are not..........
Also btw I see someone on here saying the likes of Fergal Conway should not be on a Kildare panel, to me he is more honest and hardworking than 90% of the panel even though he may not have the skills level of others but would you prefer to have him or Luke Flynn who might not bother showing up........... I would prefer to see a few more with Conway's attitude.......
I still think we are too easy to penetrate and not mentally strong enough as we don't really have a system of play and a few wins against weaker counties is good as will show we are not bottom rung but is still only papering over the cracks

Honesty and hard work should be a given for any decent county footballer. It's skill level, intelligence, etc that separate the Dubs, Kerry and Mayos from the also-rans. Fair play to Conway for his performance on Saturday but where has he been for the past 10 games? No consistency. Turn it on when it suits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10