Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Xavi
Senior
Senior

Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:06 am

Lads if Derry have absolutely anything about them they will put us down like a lame dog.

We haven't won a game in over a year. Losing to Division 2,3 and 4 teams in that period .

I said earlier this team has taken the joy out of football for me . Only thing that can rejuvenate this bunch is a top top class managerial appointment next time round.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:22 am

It actually doesn't matter if we do win - only postponing the inevitable. As soon as we meet Mayo, Tyrone or Monaghan it will be either (1) a moral victory or more likely (2) another humiliation.

As Xavi says, time to rip it up & start again.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am

Must be nearly a year now since we beat Meath after getting promoted. Hard to believe we could fall so far so fast. It looks like the Armagh game totally derailed the progress and instilled massive doubts in all involved.
It would be great to see them win even its just to break that awful losing streak.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:01 am

Any sniff of a team announcement - Will be very interesting to see what changes made. Assuming there should be a shake up.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:54 am

Announcement tonight I believe.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 4:03 am

If we lose tomorrow it will be two years minimum since our last championship win before we can actually win another game. TWO YEARS.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:36 am

[quote="HauntedGraffiti"]It actually doesn't matter if we do win - only postponing the inevitable. As soon as we meet Mayo, Tyrone or Monaghan it will be either (1) a moral victory or more likely (2) another humiliation.

If it doesn't matter, why'do you bother your ass posting? Best of luck to Kildare tmoro and fair play to all those travelling.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am

No team announced.

Not sure how to read that - during the league campaign and before the Carlow game the team was announced on the Friday night.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:13 am

No matter how disappointed and angry I've been since Carlow, I want the team to win as much as ever tomorrow. I wish them all the best and hopefully they will put some pride back in the jersey start the climb back up out of the hole they find themselves.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 am

Seemly team selection is known but not released

Jimmy Hyland called in Panel

3 to 5 changes on team from Carlow game that’s I know
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:58 am

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow and all involved. I am looking forward to travelling up tomorrow and hopefully we can get the right result #CillDaraAbu
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Let's say fone us right and there is 5 changes from the Carlow game . Firstly how could they get Carlow so wrong.

Secondly what are they changes?

Murray in? Donohoe in ? O Connor benched? Moolick in?
So many questions. 3pm will tell the tale .

Best of Luck to all. Above all else being a Lily to the core I want a win, I'd love us to go on a run and make the super 8s but I just can't see it .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't! The changes had to be made. When a manager slams a performance like that, after tanking in the last league game, when he says they were outthought and outfought, he can't send out the same crew. Teams should always be changeable from one to the next based on performances in games and training, and as plenty have said in the last year, there have not been many changes. I wasn't too concerned, as I liked what I saw for most of the League against teams that were better than them. But Carlow was horrible and as was the fear expressed by others, players appear to have gotten comfortable. And you could not reward lads for that. Changes had to be made. Management know they are in trouble so no point in pandering. If you're going down, go down doing it your way.

Tough on the U20s if they lose Hyland but that's a developmental group, this is what they're being developed for. My one worry for Jimmy is that he is coming off a bad injury and maybe for the long term I wouldn't have minded him having another year - but if he's showing well enough.

Another rambling post. Derry aren't great and I'd have had Kildare as better than them but it's a test up there and there will be physical questions, which Kildare are capable of answering if the attitude is right. A one-point win would be a great win.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:10 pm

I’ve been rewatching some of our games under O’Neill and there are some very simple things from them that, if we could put them right, would instantly make us more competitive.
Frees at both ends are the absolute number one. We have several players who give them away time and again. There was one absolutely ridiculous example the last day where Sean Murphy lost control of the ball just as four or five Kildare players converged on him. What do we do? Flatten him with a shoulder to the chest! Have a free point, Broderick, instead of us having a counter attack.
Some of the repeat offenders include O’Grady, Conway and Keith. And there are others. But they either sort it, or we drop them, because otherwise, it’s a five to eight point leg up for the opposition.
Then, at the other end, we consistently miss an average of three or four easy ones per game. A Neil Flynn or a Jimmy Hyland has to be on the field at all times, or again, we’re in effect starting every match three or four points down.
Like, look, Carlow outplayed us the last day, our effort and tactical set up were abysmal, but if we scored the handy 1-2 O’Connor botched (I still have no clue why Brophy didn’t take the penalty) and gave Broderick three or four handy frees instead of NINE, we still would have won the poxy fcuking game.
It’s not our only problem, but it’s the most glaring one, and if we could only have sorted it, we’d have three or four wins on the board this year, instead of none.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:02 pm

I really really hope this year can be turned around and we come through a bit of a slog showing some grit.
This season is not lost and until it is, best of luck to the team.
I really just want to see us using our fuckin brains on the pitch moreso than anywhere.
No other Division 1 or 2 team make so many stupid mistakes as we do, so that shows that ability is there, because it is the ability that got us there in the first place. I really want us to harness it and use the feckin brain.
Cill Dara Abú!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Team
Donnellan
Kelly
Hyland
O Grady
Murray !!
Doyle
Flynn
Feely
Moolick
Conway
P Cribbin
Brophy
Slattery
Daniel
Kelly

3 changes - Byrne Keith and Eanna out
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Will that be the actual team?
Swapping Brophy and Slattery would make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Full back line the same again. What could possibly go wrong.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Happier with that team apart from the FB line and Conway but we obviously must have no better options in those positions.
Agree with O2 about the damage of silly frees conceded and missed and the even sillier black and red cards. We could so easily have been in a much better place this weekend.
Today is a good start to turn it around. Best of luck to all involved.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 pm

just after seeing team its no wonder lads are leaving panel same 17 0r 18 rest nowhere it seems to be back to the days when kildare were also rans and it was harder to be dropped than to get on team but best of luck a win is badly needed
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 pm

moatesports wrote:
just after seeing team its no wonder lads are  leaving panel same 17 0r 18 rest nowhere it seems to be back to the days when kildare were also rans and it was harder to be dropped than to get on team but best of luck a win is badly needed
tell us what's players from rest of the panel would make a difference to team
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:21 pm

The best team talk O Neill can do is not talk at all if these lads have any pride in the Kildare jersey then they should not need words to beat Derry after the fall out of the last two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 pm

How bad does Fergal Conway have to get to be dropped? If he's not playing CB, drop him! He can't score, no pace, poor tackler. Another workhorse pretending to be a county footballer.

Very disappointed with that team.

Derry by 5.
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:44 am

Lad any streams
For the match got stuck in work couldn’t attend !
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 am

Unrecognisable from the Carlow game.

Super goal from Dan. Conway and the Cribbin's kicking some nice points between them.

2 poor goals to give away and the Derry number 9 is doing a lot of damage but fuck it I'm starting to feel optimistic again for no good reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next