Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry v Kildare

Go down 
+44
kickingking
teedee
hawker
lillyboy
if_in_doubt
kildareking
Onhisboot
jimmers
lilysavage
micky murphy
steviegenius
learmus
shoutitout
Flamingo
LillieLad
The Lillywhite
White Bridge
Shergar
shoeshine
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
Cilldara_2000
easyfromdsideline
KILL BILL
Gaa1928
Ogie
flourman
TommyKeegan
OutTheGap
Borderline
Xavi
murof
Captain1928
Highball
moatesports
Kildaremad
Onechance
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare98
kildaregaa365
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
Taibi
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:57 am

I can only imagine how difficult the past two weeks were, so to get that level of performance is impressive. Fair play to them.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:00 am

Ha - I posted that I hadn’t the energy to go to this one - so I still haven’t seen them win in a year !

Fair play to all who travelled and most importantly well done to all the squad. The criticism has been flying the last couple of weeks and rightly so. Exactly the response that was required.

Obviously a number of issues remain primarily the openness of our defending at times but it sounded like there were far far more positives least of all was getting Neil Flynn back on the field as well as combining Tommy and feely in the middle. Murray sounded like he was a seasoned campaigner too !!

Well done all , a huge win and a big lift for everyone. Looking forward to the draw Monday and getting

Enjoy the winning feeling

Last edited by Highball on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:01 am

Great to get a win at last! Fair play to them. Still lots to work on but the main thing was to get the attitude right.

Fair play to the supporters who made the trip.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:25 am

roll on waterford
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:44 am

Couldn't travel but sounds like we finally stood up and and faced down the opposition today. Great win but what's so annoying is all know this team has it in them but it took the ignominy of a defeat against Carlow to finally wake them up. I've no doubt the backlash in the media (both social and mainstream) had an impact but fair play to the reaction of the team. Attrition count high today with Brophy and Feely injured but a real bonus to have Neil Flynn back and so effective.

Have we turned a corner....? Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 am

Great to get the win... eventually! , however some concerning injuries to Feely and Brophy, they seem serious enough, but some pride restored.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 4:21 am

Difficult to say how much we improved. Derry took us on in a nice open game of football and generously left Kielt on the bench for most of the game. Both teams were able to build from the back relatively unencumbered and the number of times forwards were able to cut in from the wing to take a handpass and get a score from both teams was ridiculous in the first half. Kildare won because when the ball went long from kickouts we won more primary possession. Also Moolick was very good, Slattery heated up eventually and Moatesports, Fergal Conway was f**king superb. I wish both Feely and Brophy well recovering from their injuries but neither have been going well and their loss may effect depth more than the starting 15. Oh and spending time among the natives in South Derry has helped explain Joe Brolly a bit more to me. The peasants were revolting.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 4:23 am

Shergar wrote:
Oh and spending time among the natives in South Derry has helped explain Joe Brolly a bit more to me. The peasants were revolting.

lol!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 4:28 am

They as bad as Tyrone and Antrim?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 5:03 am

Hmmm... Looks like Meath having the moral victory I thought we'd have. Very Kildare-like display from Meath there.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 am

Shergar it took 1 full year to say that and by the way I wanted him moved to half back line also I was first on here to say moolicks best work was with feeley also I predicted a 20pt shootout
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:10 am

So in two weeks (might give Feely and Brophy some time) and in order of hard to difficult for me it's...

Leitrim
Sligo
Carlow/Laois
Clare
Longford
Down (or Donegal but it won't be)
Tipperary
Monaghan
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:10 am

Conway, Moolick and the 3 Flynn's were super today.

Neil gave a masterclass in scoring when he came on. The best sub appearance by any Kildare player since Podge Fogarty in the league final against Tyrone.

When Dan gets a bit of space or only has one defender on him he can look like an adult playing with kids he makes it look that easy.

Still giving away some soft frees and exposed when the opposition run at us through the middle but at least today we were like that going forward ourselves. Both Cribbin's, Slats and Johnny Byrne were very effective running from deep.

Bring on Leitrim and then the winners of Waterord and Sligo before we play Fermanagh for a spot in the super 8's...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 am

They are honestly the most exasperating Kildare team I've seen in my lifetime - which is saying something.

Anyway hopefully we build on today etc etc.

Anyone want to explain why it took this long for Murray to play? I certainly can't.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:28 am

Seemly there a serious of meeting between senior players of Panel and management after Carlow defeat
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 am

PRAYING for Carlow rematch. Would love to set record straight on that one.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

That means wanting Laois to win tomorrow. I will not have it!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 am

True dat.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 am

As a football man I can only say : what a game of hurling, f**king brilliant.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:45 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

It also means potentially playing Laois for a spot in the super 8's. Nice match for a Saturday evening in Tullamore that
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 am

Couldn't understand Conway playing in the forwards but fair play to the guy today. Hopefully he can do it against better opposition.
On the downside that's two div 4 teams who have scored 2-14 against us. Just saying ........
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:59 am

Taibi wrote:
How bad does Fergal Conway have to get to be dropped? If he's not playing CB, drop him! He can't score, no pace, poor tackler. Another workhorse pretending to be a county footballer.

Very disappointed with that team.

Derry by 5.

Never mind Taibi we've all had posts like this. It will never be mentioned again!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 am

jimmers wrote:
Shergar wrote:
Oh and spending time among the natives in South Derry has helped explain Joe Brolly a bit more to me. The peasants were revolting.

lol!

One of their so-called supporters gave a Kildare fan a smack over something he shouted at the ref and then proceeded to smack another Derry fan on the way out for good measure. The victim was gobsmacked. Lovely bunch.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:04 am

if_in_doubt wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

It also means potentially playing Laois for a spot in the super 8's. Nice match for a Saturday evening in Tullamore that
Kildare need two wins more to play that match
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:06 am

Anyone care to accompany my dear lady wife to Billy Joel on Sat 23rd? Worst Christmas present I ever got her ffs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derry v Kildare   Derry v Kildare - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry v Kildare
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next