Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.

Go down 
+2
Cranky
Rex
6 posters

Will the reaction have an effect
Yes
Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Vote_lcap10%Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
No
Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Vote_lcap90%Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Vote_rcap
 90% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Empty
PostSubject: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 8:10 pm

The reaction since Sunday from supporters has been the most vociferous I can remember. No get outs, no excuses allowed and no quarter given. Usually in Kildare we trot out the same excuses "they are amateurs" or "they are giving up so much to play" but not this time.

So the question is will it have an effect. I don't think the players will have experienced anything like it.  Do I think it will get a reaction, probably yes but I think it's to late.
Back to top Go down
Cranky
Junior A
Junior A
Cranky

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Nah I doubt it Rex, half the lads I think are on the panel for the perks and to impress the ladies with "I play county" When they inevitably get beaten away by Derry in two weeks time they will all be strutting around Nessons the rest of the week unbothered. Sorry if that sounds harsh folks but I'm fuming. I was nowhere good enough to don the white jersey but one thing for certain is given the chance I would have died on the pitch for Kildare. Carlow ffs!!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 11:02 pm

They had gone a year without a win, so Sunday was the anointed hour. Instead, they curled up into a ball and tried to hide on the field.

So, no, it won't have any effect.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 11:20 pm

If that is the level of motivation that these lads need, we need to be embarrassed by a Division 4 team in the championship by 7 points before they can raise their game in some sort of backlash against criticism .

I won't be travelling to witness resurrection. That's not the type of honesty I'd subscribe to.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 11:26 pm

No Sunday was the perfect time for the backlash in the opening match of the championship against a div 4 side. There was clearly no sign of it. Surely they cant think Derry away is a better opportunity?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 7:07 am

Looks like that's a no then.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm

I also don't think it's the worse reaction they've encountered. In very recent times it's similar to the U21 semi-final, similar to Kerry, similar to Armagh, similar to Dublin O'Byrne Cup - if you were to do a search on here for 'worst ever' it would come up a lot... I have long believed that there is a disconnect between players and supporters at inter-county level especially, all the more so in modern times with the proliferation of social media and online forums, and the increase in time given and actual physical separation from the public. It's obviously a boost when everyone is behind you, it must be a lift. But when you've been called cowards and stupid and useless, I think the thoughts of doing it for the man in the stand aren't to the forefront of your mind. I would see that in club too - appealing to lads to do it for the jersey and what it represents and who it represents doesn't really cut it anymore. It will to some, but I'm not sure it does for the majority of the modern young men. The motivation is more personal, and maybe family.

For me, it's their own pride. Is that dented? That's it. If it is, you want a reaction. If it is, but they are blaming management again, you might get a bit but at the sniff of something going against them, they'll fold and go back to default.

If they've taken it really, really personally, they'll at least go out on the shields, which is all anybody ever wants (sick and all as you'd be of glorious defeats, you'd take it over a limp one).

So in my opinion, the backlash from the supporters will have absolutely no effect, except perhaps on the manager's future as that will probably be reflected by club delegates in time, unless fortunes improve. Hopefully they do.

But they will have none on the majority of the players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.   Will the backlash from supporters have any effect. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will the backlash from supporters have any effect.
Page 1 of 1