Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
+58
lillyboy
kelf
LillieLad
shortgrass
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Flamingo
walsheman
squire
Cmonthelillies
Goff28
intheback
learmus
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
micky murphy
inexile
Dinny Breen
flourman
Gaa1928
fatherted
Frankel
Onechance
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Borderline
lilywhites on tour
kildaregaa365
Xavi
Fear An Geata
kickingking
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
rgb
bigball
All down the line
Twentyeight
shoeshine
Cranky
murof
jimmers
Highball
totalgaa
Captain1928
Liffey Likes
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoutitout
if_in_doubt
jj
TommyKeegan
hawker
Sam1928
Fizzer
Cilldara_2000
Rex
KILL BILL
Kildare98
FearBan
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm

The fans who travelled to Owenbeg and/or Pearse Park should be prioritized for tickets for Saturday. Demand will be huge and it would be unfair for those hardcore fans to miss out on such a huge occasion.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:33 pm

Now how the hell do we get tickets?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:33 pm

A strong contender for the greatest blog post of all time, from Mayo GAA blog... Think I need to get a framed copy of this lol! lol!

By Jesus I am going to relish to media coverage over the next couple of days. That thing about us not having a leg to stand on – yeah, the thing about that was you were totally, PATHETICALLY WRONG & we were RIGHT. Have I mentioned that you were WRONG & we were RIGHT?

Good, glad we've cleared that up.

"In a quite stunning volte face, one that opens up a whole Pandora’s box in terms of ramifications for the organisation, the GAA has today blinked first and reversed its decision in relation to the scheduling of our Round 3 qualifier match on Saturday against Kildare. The match will now go ahead at St Conleth’s Park in Newbridge, where throw-in will be 7pm. David Gough will ref the game.

There’s been more than enough said about the scheduling of this game in the last few days to last a lifetime. The implications for this decision are hugely wide-ranging for the GAA but that’s a consideration for others at another time. For us, it’s time now to start focusing on the match itself. Newbridge, for good or ill, is where the match will be played and it’s the match itself that is of sole relevance now."
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Absolutely astonishing if true... Jesus may as well write off work this week as will be too busy gloating here, on social media, in street etc etc.

I love it.
Please let us know the time and venue for the street performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Message to players: PLAY THIS 80 MINUTES LIKE IT IS THE LAST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY IN YOUR LIFE.

Message to supporters: unprecedented display of partisanship in Newbridge on Saturday. WE ARE NOT LOSING THIS GAME.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 pm

I can live if I miss out on tickets, this is a victory that will live long in the memory, for the sake of our games.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Massive congratulations to all involved, I would be no particular fan of Ger Donnelly but this is a massive coup for him. I didn't think we could get this returned to Newbridge, excellent work from Cian O Neill also, his appearance on 6.1 news was articulate and measured and helped massively.

Next question anyone selling tickets!!!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 pm

No problem missing out on tickets for this one.

Don't think we'd beat Mayo regardless of where the game is played but this feels like a massive win already.

Tickets.ie no longer have tickets available for the Cavan - Tyrone game so I'm sure there'll be a lot of fun refunding people for that and trying to organise tickets for another venue in 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
A strong contender for the greatest blog post of all time, from Mayo GAA blog... Think I need to get a framed copy of this lol! lol!

By Jesus I am going to relish to media coverage over the next couple of days. That thing about us not having a leg to stand on – yeah, the thing about that was you were totally, PATHETICALLY WRONG & we were RIGHT. Have I mentioned that you were WRONG & we were RIGHT?

Good, glad we've cleared that up.

"In a quite stunning volte face, one that opens up a whole Pandora’s box in terms of ramifications for the organisation, the GAA has today blinked first and reversed its decision in relation to the scheduling of our Round 3 qualifier match on Saturday against Kildare. The match will now go ahead at St Conleth’s Park in Newbridge, where throw-in will be 7pm. David Gough will ref the game.

There’s been more than enough said about the scheduling of this game in the last few days to last a lifetime. The implications for this decision are hugely wide-ranging for the GAA but that’s a consideration for others at another time. For us, it’s time now to start focusing on the match itself. Newbridge, for good or ill, is where the match will be played and it’s the match itself that is of sole relevance now."

A tool who reflects badly on his county and especially his county board, who by his title, he implies he's representing, though it is an unofficial blog. Mayo county board and squad were right to keep schtum. It can't have been easy, even to arrange to weekend. And it'll be tougher now, they know they are going into a Lion's den against the most motivated team ever. Just hope the emotion doesn't drain them and they're spent before they go out. They really need to distance themselves from it all, read no papers and then build it up in the dressing room - never forget how flat Kildare were the day of Dermot Snr's burial. Emotion can fuck you right up. That's my fear now. Because everyone desperately wants a heroic performance.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Cavan v Tyrone probably moved to Enniskillen/Clones and pay on the day, not that that is any of my concern really
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:42 pm

I'm not even going to look for a ticket tbh. Let the hardy souls who attended Tullamore, Owenbeg and Longford in ahead of me.

It's a bloody great scalp to get. These suits in Croke Park are always quick to wave the rule book at everyone else to get their own way. Delighted to see them now get a taste of their own medicine.

Now we, as an organisation, still need to deal with Fergal McGill and Ned Quinn and their high handed attitude and utter disrespect for players and ordinary members of the GAA.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I went Owenbeg and Longford I want a fecking ticket!! Ah no if I don't get one I don't get one we've already won this week. There should be no extra pressure on the players to perform this was not there doing, Once they give everything no matter what the result I'll be proud of them. Hon the Lilies.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Now that we know where it is being played anybody have any thoughts on team or possible match ups?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
I'm not even going to look for a ticket tbh. Let the hardy souls who attended Tullamore, Owenbeg and Longford in ahead of me.

It's a bloody great scalp to get. These suits in Croke Park are always quick to wave the rule book at everyone else to get their own way. Delighted to see them now get a taste of their own medicine.

Now we, as an organisation, still need to deal with Fergal McGill and Ned Quinn and their high handed attitude and utter disrespect for players and ordinary members of the GAA.
You can add in Nicky Brennan and Sean Kelly, two former presidents who basically said you've made your point lads, now back down and get up to Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 pm

Another thought, they'll certainly try to change the rule so that CCCCCCCCCCC has discretion to waive home advantage for rounds 1 to 3. But, after the PR disaster for CP with this fixture, I'm not sure that the turkeys at congress would vote in favour.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:02 pm

I feel I could don the jersey now and go out there and beat Mayo on my own and I'm mid 40's.
Watershed moment for the GAA. Delighted we were the county to stand up to them finally.

Of course a win would cap it off but long term this victory off the pitch is absolutely massive.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:03 pm

I feel I could don the jersey now and go out there and beat Mayo on my own and I'm mid 40's.
Watershed moment for the GAA. Delighted we were the county to stand up to them finally.

Of course a win would cap it off but long term this victory off the pitch is absolutely massive.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 pm

That's it Sam - So passionate you posted twice - Smile That's the spirit - Havent been this psyched about Kildare GAA in years. Amazing feeling
Back to top Go down
Goff28
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Common sense prevails.

A lot of pressure on the players to perform now...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 pm

People who should hang their heads in shame...

Fergal McGill
Nicky Brennan
Sean Kelly
Sean Moran from Irish Times

Pathetic establishment lackeys the lot of them. Have shown their true colours I'm afraid and we won't be forgetting.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Don't forget our friend Nedser there HG
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Don't forget Marty Morrissey--the GAA don't need a spin doctor as long as he's around.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Yes and Ned Brennan HB.

Incidentally will be focusing exclusively on game shortly but just getting a lot of anger out – some utterly disgraceful stuff going on this week that needs to be called out.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:12 pm

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Great news. Fair play to all who fought this.
Let's hope the Ref gives us a fair deal now.
Let's go now and give our all on the pitch win or lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next