Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Scene 2019

Go down 
+66
kelf
Smick12
Gaa1928
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Club fan
Curraghplains
Big Full Back
bite the pillow
fatherted
Dido
seamymurphy
jimmers
shortgrass1928
OutTheGap
Kildare-Tom
lilysavage
micky murphy
TheManInTheStands
john Boy
bloodsub
All down the line
Taibi
murof
realmoore
Botch
lily4fr
Kildare98
Tjmm
moatesports
the young lad
KildareGooch#
flourman
Ogie
riseytea
KE123
Dara
Caprea
Landro88
Ohtoohtobe
DONTPULLOUT
Flamingo
Seanymac
TheBigDog#
Cill Dara Abú
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Sashabu 71
jj
Fear An Geata
Badger85
Onechance
lillyboy
shortgrass
totalgaa
SeamusMurphy
Shay tompkins
maccie
Horsebox
Bigfullforward
intheback
if_in_doubt
kildarecat
John_R
Shergar
lomond
White Bridge
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Club fan
Senior
Senior

Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 4:39 am

With respect to jtb. Sick of the word "if" with them. Every year they have an excuse.
They are not good enough and never will be. This is their golden era and they have nt produced.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 6:29 am

Club fan wrote:
With respect to jtb. Sick of the word "if" with them. Every year they have an excuse.
They are not good enough and never will be. This is their golden era and they have nt produced.

Didn't hear anyone make any excuses Club fan. What are you on about?

This year - we were beaten by Athy in a very good game of football on a shit evening. Best team won. You are right we weren't good enough. We will dust ourselves down, train hard and come back and give it another go next year.

It's other people who talk us up - not anyone in the club. Do you know how small a club we are??

We had a glorious golden era winning 3 senior championships from 1983 - 1989!

Like all clubs we dream of one day reaching the summit again! Maybe you might ease up on the sweeping generalisation and insulting of a great hard working club!
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 6:52 am

I won’t be surprised if their few retirements from Moorefield this year .

they have not been firing on all cylinders so far I Championship
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 am

No insult intended and fair play to the club for producing a quality bunch which unfortunately for the club the county probably reap more benefit from than the club .
Just think this group have consistently failed on the big day for the talent at its disposal.
The "ifs " i was referring too were in relation to falmingos post . Were them lads not available last year or the year before and the result was pretty much the same. Again no insult intended and keep at it cause unfortunately the big 4 have opened a gap and wont be closed for awhile .
I actually think it might be clane or naas that may crack into it before anyone else and thats a couple of years off yet.
Back to top Go down
Seanymac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 7:54 am

I don’t think Athy will be bullied by Moorefield this year. If they let them, then they Have learned nothing. No coincidence former tyrone player McCarron has fixed things up in defence. He was one of Tyrone’s best defender for 10 years, can’t buy that experience and quality.

Celbridge have to much for sarsfield I think on current form but something is telling me there is a kick in Sarsfield and I am more torn to them maybe coming through this one by 1 or 3 points. If Conway has a big say around the middle then I think Cel have a great chance but there is a lot of ifs and buts.
All in all should be 2 great games and I’m looking forward to it. Hope they don’t disappoint
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Club fan wrote:
No insult intended and fair play to the club for producing a quality bunch which unfortunately for the club the county probably reap more benefit from than the club .
Just think this group have consistently failed on the big day for the talent at its disposal.
The "ifs " i was referring too were in relation to falmingos post . Were them lads not available last year or the year before and the result was pretty much the same. Again no insult intended and keep at it cause unfortunately the big 4 have opened a gap and wont be closed for awhile .
I actually think it might be clane or naas that may crack into it before anyone else and thats a couple of years off yet.

I wasn't saying they would have won the whole thing but that game alone, but there is no point saying missing serious lads like that would have made a difference. But then again a fully-fit Feely would have been huge too. I do agree they don't seem to step up fully, but you could square that argument at plenty of teams.

The top 4 are locked in, but I was talking about any potential way to break that. Moorefield have to drop off at some stage...
Logically Naas' underage lads should be there soon but this year would have surely set them back. Can't make them out to be honest.

Still think Moorefield and Celbridge Final.

Last edited by Flamingo on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Club fan wrote:

I wasn't saying they would have won, but there is no point saying missing serious lads like that would have made a difference. But then again a fully-fit Feely would have been huge too. I do agree they don't seem to step up fully, but you could square that argument at plenty of teams.

The top 4 are locked in, but I was talking about any potential way to break that. Moorefield have to drop off at some stage...
Naas should be there soon but this year would have surely set them back.

Still think Moorefield and Celbridge Final.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 12:25 am

Sash EVS and Celbridge 11/10 on PP. Will be having some of Celbridge at that price. Staying well away from the other semi, very hard to call.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 1:38 am

Will someone please tell me why this younglad is allowed go to manage wicklow next year
He schooled a contender for the dublin job and schooled our new manager last year in the 20s .did nt fancy sash but they did a job on the big players for celbridge .

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 2:24 am

Club fan wrote:
Will someone please tell me why this younglad is allowed go to manage wicklow next year
He schooled a contender for the dublin job and schooled our new manager last year in the 20s .did nt fancy sash but they did a job on the big players for celbridge .

Burke will not do number 2 jobs he has main in charge of team
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 4:05 am

And Kildare have a manager for 3 years. When he gets his chance, he will be a better manager than he is now.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 4:07 am

All Newbridge final, who'd have thought it.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 4:34 am

I would have thought it as I said above! The record the 2 Newbridge clubs have in semi finals is unbelievable and both deserve huge credit. Celbridge and Athy had the same failings, Celbridge not ambitious enough in terms of attack, far too concerned with protecting their defenders, most of whom have represented Kildare and should be able to man mark, utilizing Mick O Grady in my opinion the best defender in Kildare as a sweeper was very poor.

Athy as in the last 2 years gave Moorefield a start that athy couldn’t claw back even though they did try very hard to do so after half time. One or two Athy players then engaged in nonsense after the game which again seems all too common with them after a loss.

The final will be a very tight affair similar to the group game between the 2 teams, kick of a ball either way.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 4:37 am

Exciting enough semi-finals despite the poor conditions even though the standard wasn’t always great.

The way Davy Burke has improved Sarsfields is impressive. The whole team worked really hard, tackled everything and had a bit of class up front to win the match. They reminded me a bit of his Kildare Under 20 team last year. Ben McCormack was excellent until he went off. Celbridge were disappointing with their lateral playing style. At the end when time was up, they still wouldn’t kick the ball into the forwards and Sarsfields robbed them for Barry Coffey’s score.

In the other match, Athy were all over the place at the back for the first 40 minutes and Moorefield didn’t have to play that well to be 10 points up. Good comeback by them but they just fell short. Good to see Niall Kelly back playing well while Liam Healy and Kevin Murnaghan stood out for Moorefield.

Should be a good final. If Ben McCormack is fit then I’d give Sarsfields a great chance.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 5:27 am

Very much handbags at the end. Not helped by Moorefield 'Maor' running in with an embarassing Pillar Caffrey barge. Moorefield were excellent for the first 40 minutes, Heavey, Whyte, Masterson and Eanna playing well. Athy needed to get Niall Kelly on the ball more but he was well marked. At least their games tend to be entertaining unlike Celbridge who continued to handpass aimlessly and must wonder what they could have scored if they kicked it once every so often. Pretty sure theyd have amassed more than 5 points.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 am

Christ I've a pain in my a**e with Moorefield. Please take that as the utmost form of a compliment.

Death, taxes and brown trousers upon seeing the Curragh Roundabout in eary Autumn...

Another all-Newbridge final. Must say, and maybe rest of county feels this way too, I couldn't care less who wins it and probably won't so much as listen in either. Again, take that as a compliment and I'll cheer for whoever wins it in Leinster, but thought this year might offer up something fresh and different.

Deflating.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 7:57 am

I think all Celbridge supporters should be refunded their €15 admission charge, someone, somewhere, has to explain their total negatively for 59 minutes, worst I have ever seen in more then 50 years going to St. Conleths.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 am

You have to take your hat off to Moorefield. Playing without their main man and yet again they slog out a win. Celbridge were a massive let down, they just don't have the forwards.

All very samey and as TK said interest outside of Newbridge will be low, but you got to respect the two Newbridge clubs. They know how to win.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 am

Can someone put up the county finalists since 1999, please? Was in Newbridge today, while heartened by Athy's fightback I couldn't believe how inept Celbridge were. Sarsfields looked so composed and confident and yet Celbridge have 4 or 5 county player? Ray Cahill had a frustrating day and yet he still managed to drive over an awesome point from under the stand after 4 previous wides. Leadership.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:45 am

Sarsfields v Allenwood
Moorefield v Kilcock
Sarsfields v Moorefield
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Towers v Kilcock
Allenwood v Larries
Sarsfields v Larries
Moorefield v Allenwood
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Celbridge v Sarsfields
Larries v Moorefield
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Athy v Carbury
Sarsfields v Carbury
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Moorefield v Sarsfields
Sarsfields v Athy
Sarsfields v Moorefield
Moorefield v Celbridge
Moorefield v Athy
Sarsfields v Moorefield

Winners listed first bar the last one which hasn’t been decided yet and I just list the team I hope to win first, apologies to any Moorefield readers!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am

Relieved but also absolutely thrilled... MOOREFIELD ABU!!!
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Celbridge were very disappointing.. There wasn't an ounce of passion in them.. at full time they looked like Fellas who couldn't care less.
Ben Mac was the standout Player of the two matches I thought.
Should be a cracking Final and I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Agreed, think its apt that its Sash who stand in way of 3 in a row. Prefer to see an all Newbridge affair than most other tbh, you know it will be competitive and great buzz in the town with a big crowd guaranteed. Celbridge wouldnt have added much.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Leixlip v Monasterevin is a hard one to call next Sunday.
Leixlip are very strong in midfield, although Monasterevin might have more firepower.. again I won't be having a bet on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Somethings never change. While it will be nice to see another team come to the fore as a neutral  I still look forward to seeing the all parish final. I think Sash will prevail, they seem to be getting better in every half they play.

I thought for last 4 or 5 years Celbo were just 1 scoring forward away from being the top dog but that was not the basis of yesterday’s defeat. They could have had Bernard Brogan and Conor McManus inside yesterday and not one jot of difference would it have made.
I’d say they will be looking for Paul Curran’s receipt in the office there over the next few days. Haven’t beaten anyone of note.
Fergal Conway is the great enigma. Maybe he is under too much pressure with the club as he never seems to get going on the big day for them. Matt Byrne has him in his pocket and he didn’t want to know about it. But when he got a chance of a shoulder late on on a smaller fella he went in full whack and nailed him (Coffey for McDonnell maybe?). Then mouthing over him like a hard man. Shit himself when he was beside Byrne though. O’Grady was wasted. Flynn was well marshalled, another fella who didn’t look interested once he was getting a bit of close attention. Tony Archibald tried hard but was obviously hurt, few glimpses of him opening gaps. Other than that, utter tripe.
For Sash Ben Mc was the class apart but the work rate and hunger they showed had Davy Burke stamped all over it. When you see Ray Cahill tracking his man back to his own 21 it says it al.
Pity Ben is away next year.

Athy have one of the best fielders in Ireland and we’re afraid to kick it to him. Too negative. When they threw the shackles off they reeled Moores back in, as they have the talent. Temperament and football intelligence were sorely missing however. Same fella let’s that club down time and time again.

Moore’s were all over the place at times themselves. 9 up and management were high 5s and smiles and hugs with NHL as he was coming off. 10 mins later they were bringing on Adam Tyrell who according to many in the stand was out with concussion. Hope that doesn’t comeback to impact him and highly irresponsible of management if true.
The Moore’s seem to be officiated a bit more leniently than others. I’ve noticed managers and selectors all summer be reigned in on line by 4th official when the are standing just a few feet inside yet Frank Hannify seems to be permitted to be a 16th man. Never off the field and 4th official never seems to care.

All in all great final to look forward to, think sash will win by 2 IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Scene 2019   Club Scene 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Scene 2019
Page 21 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next