Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 6:45 am

You couldn't make this up. Genuinely finished following GAA - will continue to work to try and stop the fix. John Horan's plan, which no doubt Leinster will pander too, is to reduce their number of Croke Park games by giving them a f**king bye straight into the Leinster semi-final.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/why-dublin-could-play-one-less-championship-game-in-2020-38472464.html
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 7:24 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
You couldn't make this up. Genuinely finished following GAA - will continue to work to try and stop the fix. John Horan's plan, which no doubt Leinster will pander too, is to reduce their number of Croke Park games by giving them a f**king bye straight into the Leinster semi-final.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/why-dublin-could-play-one-less-championship-game-in-2020-38472464.html

Dublin John Horan, worst GAA president there ever has been. The above is why I won't go to any game Dublin are involved in. Absolute wasters.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 7:24 am

Look, we should be boycotting Leinster next year, everyone with a brain can see it.

But the fact is, Leinster counties take all this rolling over. A lot of them deserve the double digit annihilations tbh – pathetic the way they don't stand up for themselves. They have huge power as we demonstrated with Newbridge Or Nowhere but too many county boards in province – and around the country – not willing to stand up and be counted.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 am

@ Tommy, im sure you will be writing about this - Keep banging the drum if you can ... What an absolute fix and farce...

I love this line too... I know its a pre season comp but if you didnt laugh you would cry

"Earlier this year Dublin were granted a bye into the Bord na Móna O'Byrne Cup semi-final as it overlapped their team holiday"

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 8:20 am

Tommy you can hold your head high as the only sports journalist who has consistently pointed out the total bullshit of the situation.

The Irish Times – the paper of record – has been noticeably silent on this issue for the past few years. But perhaps not so surprising when you consider that the likes of Ian O'Riordan, Gavin Cummiskey and Sean Moran all Dublin supporters. Also, they don't want to alienate their affluent Dublin readership.

But we will continue fighting the good fight in Kildare. Of course we'll get great support from Meath... No wait, O'Rourke waffling on RTE panel again and Moyles saying Meath will push Dublin hard in Leinster final (16 point defeat).
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 4:52 pm

While we are chatting about money...what is the current state of our fundraising?
Just you would hope to cash any time a new regime comes in...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 8:09 am

Don't think RTE had any choice but to drop Brolly. Particularly over the past couple of years when Sky had Jim McGuinness and James Horan doing analysis, the gap in standard was genuinely embarrassing for RTE.

Joe has become more unhinged over the past few years and he's pro-Dublin diatribes this year finally caught up with him. Saying the final Cooper foul was a FREE OUT – how could you possibly stand over that.

Now that Stephen Rochford will be on, there will actually be quality analysis and I look forward to watching it... Long time since I've actually watched live GAA on RTE. Actually this is an opportunity for them as Sky has become blandsville since they lost McGuinness and Horan.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 11:44 am

Mike Quirke new Laois manager... Don't think it's great appointment tbh, think Quirke waffles an awful lot in his analysis. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 am

Joe had to go. He has been a parody of himself for years. I think he jumped the shark with the "Seán Cavanagh is not a man" diatribe from a few years ago.

While they were at it, they should have ditched Spillane and Whelan for the replay too. I mean like Whelan clearly has eyesight difficulties that he needs to checked out.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am

Agree, Spillane has been in self-parody mode for years as well... Whelan meanwhile openly admitted he is biased in favour of Dublin the last day.

Seriously, the whole thing was an absolute carwreck, no wonder RTE ringing the changes & not before time.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 1:31 pm

What surprised me about all their waffle was in addition to their mistakes about Gough & Cooper was their failure to pick up on a massive turning point in the game...….. Paddy Small sends in a skyscraper attempt for a point which Kerry keeper fumbles from under the crossbar with John Small close by...…… The ball breaks out past John who is turning when the keeper racing out to collect decks him with an elbow...……… Keeper then clears to the vacant Dubs left wing back position to Tommy W who plays in K Spillane for the Kerry goal...………. They did mention a possible second Kerry peno when S O'Brien appeared to be fouled but why was the Shane Ryan/John Small incident totally ignored...……...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Very true about Paddy Small but then again, RTE panel always make it about themselves rather than about game. Hopefully about to change, think Rochford addition is a great start, he will have great insight into both teams.

Jesus I'm actually congratulating RTE for having an analyst with an insight into current tactical trends & participating teams – this is how low they've brought the bar with the Three Stooges.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 3:04 pm

In recent years they played up to it.
As soon as Brolly or the lads said something controversial it was straight up on their social media channels.
Now the tide has turned and it seems they want something else...
The half time and full time chats often miss so many major turning points due to generalised crap.
Also I don't want a stat or two, i want them to explain to me at home why there are turnovers or why one team is losing kickouts. Are the opposition doing something?
To be honest I like Brolly's articles and everything he does aside from what he does on the Sunday game.

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Absolutely delighted to see the back of Brolly. Hopefully it is for good now.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Replay itself is very intriguing, can’t wait. Jaysus you’d miss those consistent big days under Micko & Geezer something fierce.

I’ve really been very envious of Mayo for example over past number of years... Okay they didn’t win but you really can’t beat the excitement & sense of anticipation when you’re in the mix.

Hopefully Jacko can rectify that.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Brolly is entertaining to be fair. His recent piece on Rory Gallagher was gold. Agree thogh that his ego needed to be checked. As for Jonny Cooper deserved a free out, wtf..
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Fear of coming across as defending him but Whelan agreed and back for more, Shefflin was even more farcical in hurling final and back for more. Question is for those who are glad he's gone - will a) it be more or less entertaining in his absence, and b) will it be more insightful in his absence given those left?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Will be both more entertaining & insightful - not hard mind you. Most conspicuous sound last day during half time was barrel being scraped.

As Colm Parkinson said on podcast this week, Stephen Rochford v Brolly is no choice at all.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Actually on the Kilkenny question... I found Richie Hogan interview after AI final breathtaking. Talk about double standards media.

Imagine the slating Geezer would have got if he did half hour interview whinging after 2010/2011 ref decisions v Down/Dublin/Donegal.

In general I think Kilkenny get easy ride from media... Dubs at least get scrutiny but KK have big financial advantage over rivals as no football in county.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

New jersey, not the biggest fan of it.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm

The purple is vomit inducing. Kildare jerseys are white and the only other colour that should appear is black. End of.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 3:22 pm

I like it. Logo too big but had to work with it and given that it's a good effort. I'm in.General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Meh... Don’t like the grey & why do we have SoundCloud fidelity reading going across it.

Jersey designs in all codes are a disaster bar the occasional exception. Also hate trend towards tighter jerseys, 1997-2000 baggy Madchester style much cooler.

Bought my Kildare jersey in Croker day of 2011 Donegal game, have got great wear out of it - most recently minor Leinster final win over Dubs - and will be sticking with it!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 pm

I actually think coolest ever design was 91 league final with Dubs with Pitman Moore logo... Have seen a few around, envy the feckers who have them!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Ah Haunted, it wasn't cool at the time Very Happy

Side note, I like it and will buy, but you'd think the launch maybe would've involved a player or two, and some fanfare. Or even a dummy with f**king arms! I more than most say Dublin can't be caught, but there are little things that can be done... Christ almighy, might as well have been launched out the back of Grange clubhouse on a Tuesday lunchtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next